Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
howto i can update to the newest nightly?
i must replaxe only the folders other howto?
read the README.md or the quickstart guide. It's better to delete everything, except for maybe the /firm folder (depending on how old your current version is).
If you replace EVERYTHING from the current release (including .3dsx files, and reinstalling the MSET ROP, if you use MSET), and delete the rxTools/data folder, you know you're good to go if the data installation suite is successful. Otherwise, you need to get the proper files for the /firm folder (again, read the README.md).

Last edited by urherenow,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but that isn't important in the slightest. "Stable" GBA from emunand generally breaks stability with SSB, MH4, etc. on o3ds (at the very least, it kicks people back to sysnand on exit) and it ALWAYS loads TWL/AGB_FIRM from sysnand anyway. SYSNAND is how those are meant to be played.

EDIT: Frankly, in the days where you can autoboot ctrbootmanager and such and then pick your poison (Cakes/Reinand/etc), I don't understand why so many people still complain about this.

People complain because it means that to play a GBA or DS game they have to manually reboot and load sysnand, then load the game. Plus for GBA games it often means they have to load rxMode sysnand to play those games which adds yet another level of complexity to it, however minor.

Your statement about the days of autoboot ctrbootmanager and such actually makes more sense applied to exiting games like SSB and MH4.

The way I see it there are two options.

A.) Use a reboot patch to prevent SSB and MH4 from rebooting the system. Then expect users to manually enter sysnand to play DS/GBA games.

B.) Let ctrbootmanager handle loading back into emunand after exiting SSB and MH4 on an O3DS, and allow users to launch ALL game from their emunand without the need for rebooting and pressing buttons to manipulate firmware loading. Which, despite what you might think, is the way things are MEANT to be played. With minimal effort and hassle.

Or hidden option C.) Make the reboot patch optional and inform users of the fact that it will force them to load sysnand to play certain games, then only apply it to the O3DS since N3DS users do not need it.

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Corrupted firmware file!

Press A to exit"

I redownloaded the firmware.bin file and it still gives this.

I'm going to have to format emunand, aren't I? Joy.

Last edited by jamieyello,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Corrupted firmware file!

Press A to exit"

I redownloaded the firmware.bin file and it still gives this.

I'm going to have to format emunand, aren't I? Joy.
No, that shouldn't be necessary at all. Not for a firmware.bin error.

What/where did you obtain the firmware.bin?

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the python downloader from the official zip

Do I need a different version of python installed? Is the firmware.bin supposed to be 3.4 MB?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the python downloader from the official zip

Do I need a different version of python installed? Is the firmware.bin supposed to be 3.4 MB?
No. You are trying to use a very old version of rxTools. Use the latest nightly from https://lavanoid.github.io/

Edit: And please read the README.md and/or quickstart guide. The setup is slightly different from the version you are trying to use. For one, you should no longer have an rxTools.dat on your SD card. Delete it. The other thing is that the FIRM files go in /rxTools/firm.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: jamieyello

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all works and now I have FBI on health and safety. So if I install a Japanese CIA onto my usa emunand it'll all work fine, Right?

Last edited by jamieyello,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those who haven't already jumped ship to other CFWs;

The "quick and dirty" release that will use 9.6 NATIVE_FIRM to enable 9.6+ for new3DS users is due later today.

The "proper" release that is to use 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM is due "later".

Reactions: MelonGx and Hyura

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France

The "quick and dirty" release that will use 9.6 NATIVE_FIRM to enable 9.6+ for new3DS users is due later today.

In a few minutes, to be precise.
You will need key_0x16.bin and key_0x1B.bin

Reactions: dmc310

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Good news overall. I myself am using other CFW's but You can always boot whatever CFW you wish I have CTRbootmanager with DAT of Decrypt9 and three different CFW's for my different needs.

In a few minutes, to be precise.
You will need key_0x16.bin and key_0x1B.bin
if I have slotwhatever edit: slot0x11key96 to be precise, can I extract needed bins from those?

Last edited by Sumea,

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have been wondering before,Why don't you add your new site to OP?
When you acturally say it's out , but not to provide a single link to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway