Not open for further replies.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's called FunkyCIA2 B-)

EDIT: But they may go away if trying online play... I don't know since I never play online. I can't stand the game and would be beaten severely by a 6yo.
Hey look, you have an avatar, about time!

My reply addressed a very specific question. "Can I use cheats to unlock characters in SSB?"

Sure he could use FunkyCIA2, he could also use a .cia manager to install pirated DLC.

But that wasn't the question @Aeth-r asked.

Last edited by Zidapi,

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey look, you have an avatar, about time!

My reply addressed a very specific question. "Can I use cheats to unlock characters in SSB?"

Sure he could use FunkyCIA2, he could also use a .cia manager to install pirated DLC.

But that wasn't the question @Aeth-r asked.

Hah, already done that. Could you direct me towards where I can read about installing NTR over RXtools? And would the cheats with NTR also be able to unlock custom moves?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hah, already done that. Could you direct me towards where I can read about installing NTR over RXtools? And would the cheats with NTR also be able to unlock custom moves?
First question; Grab @Shadowtrance's build of bootNTR here. Copy the ntr.bin to the root of your SD card, and install the bootNTR.cia with your preferred title manager. Then launch bootNTR.

Second question, no idea. I don't use NTR's cheat plugins, I have a Gateway which provides superior cheat tools.

Reactions: urherenow

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, question:
I successfully installed (Was able to run) GBA applications onto my devmode sysnand, and I think something else got fucked up when I was doing it.
When I go to run devmode sysnand to play my GBA games, that works fine, but now when I go to run plain emunand, the blue light stays on for a few seconds, then my 3ds just shuts down.
I know 100% that I only deleted ONLY the 0004013800000202.cia in sysnand, and I have absolutely no idea what the hell i could've done to cause this.

Hence, I come here.
Any ideas about what I would have had to screwed up in sysnand to cause this? If it means I have to choose between playing GBA games or getting emunand back, I am absolutely sure I want emunand.

PLEASE HELP ME ~

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas about what I would have had to screwed up in sysnand to cause this? If it means I have to choose between playing GBA games or getting emunand back, I am absolutely sure I want emunand.

PLEASE HELP ME ~
Short answer: Nothing. If your 3DS boots at all, there is nothing you did to sysnand that would cause emunand to crash like that.

With that said... are your nands linked? The most common problem is linked nands and using menuhax.

And you had to have installed something as well. You can't simply delete AGB_FIRM from your sysnand and run GBA stuff. At all.

And which version of rxTools are you using? Devmode doesn't exist anymore. We have Pasta mode. You also need to state which model/FW you're using when asking for help. I gather, you're using o3DS because of the AGB_FIRM you're using, but other people here who have little business trying to help will try to help anyway without noticing that. It doesn't tell me which sysnand and emunand firmware you're on though...

Last edited by urherenow,

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: Nothing. If your 3DS boots at all, there is nothing you did to sysnand that would cause emunand to crash like that.

With that said... are your nands linked? The most common problem is linked nands and using menuhax. Have you updated emunand through system settings on an N3ds? rxTools can't load that yet. Try Cakes or ReiNand.

And you had to have installed something as well. You can't simply delete AGB_FIRM from your sysnand and run GBA stuff. At all.

And which version of rxTools are you using? Devmode doesn't exist anymore. We have Pasta mode.

1. Nands are linked. When I first set up emunand, I formated sysnand, but they were still linked... (multiple signs showed this)
2. Menuhax: I have it on sysnand, I have it setup so that I'm required to press Up+B to load it, and have always ran it that way. Because you mentioned that, I did try launching emunand while holding the default and my custom menuhax launch combinations. Still shuts down.
3. Oh yeah, I didn't say that I installed the patched AGB_FIRM, my bad XD (Pokemon Sapphire actually ran, so I know that that part worked.)
4. 2.5, I know I need to update, but I've just been way too busy to do it. But I installed FBI in sysnand through the rxmenu, then in devmode sysnand I'm able to run the GBA games and FBI, but when in plain sysnand it just says "reinstall this app from eshop".

So yeah... am I fucked because I'm on an old rxtools? Or do you think there's still hope?

[Edit]
Forgot to answer this: No, I haven't tried updating through sys settings because I know my nands are linked, and I know that I could easily screw everything up that way.

Last edited by Dylan the Tactician,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dylan the Tactician Please update your rxTools and follow the instructions in readme.md (although I think the quickstart guide was just updated... I haven't read it yet, honestly). If you get it set up correctly (success on the data installation suite) and you are still unable to launch emunand, then you may need to format emunand again. Although instead of having to copy SD card stuff back and forth, you can simply make a NAND dump and inject it to emunand using emunand tool (or with emunand 9, you can do everything from the 3DS).

But... it's impossible to format either nand and still have them linked. You must be mistaken. At first, they will always look the same because one is an exact copy of the other. You need to change your theme or rearrange your icons or create different folders in emunand, then you will clearly see that they are different.

EDIT: and it is no longer recommended to format sysnand through system settings. Use tinyformat instead. This way, your NNID won't break in emunand.

Reactions: Aroth

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Nands are linked. When I first set up emunand, I formated sysnand, but they were still linked... (multiple signs showed this)
2. Menuhax: I have it on sysnand, I have it setup so that I'm required to press Up+B to load it, and have always ran it that way. Because you mentioned that, I did try launching emunand while holding the default and my custom menuhax launch combinations. Still shuts down.
3. Oh yeah, I didn't say that I installed the patched AGB_FIRM, my bad XD (Pokemon Sapphire actually ran, so I know that that part worked.)
4. 2.5, I know I need to update, but I've just been way too busy to do it. But I installed FBI in sysnand through the rxmenu, then in devmode sysnand I'm able to run the GBA games and FBI, but when in plain sysnand it just says "reinstall this app from eshop".

So yeah... am I fucked because I'm on an old rxtools? Or do you think there's still hope?

[Edit]
Forgot to answer this: No, I haven't tried updating through sys settings because I know my nands are linked, and I know that I could easily screw everything up that way.

1. If you formatted sysnand after creating emunand then your nands are unlinked. No idea what "signs" you have that say they are still inked, but it is not possible for them to be linked if you formatted sysnand after creating emunand. I think it's more likely you just don't know what linked nands refers to.

2. Doesn't really matter since you probably don't actually have linked nands because of what I said above.

3. That makes since, still wouldn't cause emunand to not boot.

4. Yeah you should really update. Ideally to one of the more stable 3.0 nightlies, but at the very least to the latest 2.7 release.

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Signs:
I have to unwrap presents every time I enter emunand
I only had to install the GBA cia's once, in sysnand

So yeah, I'm convinced they're still linked since I just used plain sys settings format

[Edit]

As for updating... should I be afraid of losing the things already on my emunand? Also, is there a way for me to get my saves (I actually only really care about my FE:IF saves XD) without actually accessing emunand?

[Edit 2]

I might also add to this while I'm here, I've attempted to setup emunand on my N3ds at least 4 times, using this tutorial: http://hackinformer.com/2016/01/12/3ds-rxtools-tutorial/

[Edit 3]
This idea just dawned on me: Would a bricked emunand cause this?

Last edited by Dylan the Tactician,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I already said you can't be linked after formatting through system settings. Look in SD:/Nintendo 3ds/. Do you see more than 1 folder? If you do, you're not linked.

You don't lose anything from updating, but you can't update emunand if you can't launch emunand. But now I'm confused what your current issue is, since you state "unwrap presents every time I enter emunand". You might try booting into emunand, then visit data management after unwrapping everything, just to see if it "repairs" your title.db. Still didn't catch your sysnand version...

Don't use a tutorial. Read the README.md. It doesn't cover making an emunand, but you seem to know how to do that anyway. The only thing new, as I said before, is to use tinyformat when unlinking nands. This will save you heartache when trying to access eshop/miiverse/etc...

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Error when trying to compil:

Code:
C:\Users\Asia81\Downloads\Compressed\RxTools-Source>make
make name=code.bin filepath=rxTools/sys/ APP_TITLE='rxTools' APP_DESCRIPTION='Roxas75 3DS Toolkit & Custom Firmware' APP_AUTHOR='Patois, et al.' ICON=/c/Users/Asia81/Downloads/Compressed/RxTools-Source/icon.png -C CakeBrah
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Asia81/Downloads/Compressed/RxTools-Source/CakeBrah'
make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Asia81/Downloads/Compressed/RxTools-Source/CakeBrah'
make: *** [all-target-brahma] Error 2

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Error when trying to compil:

Code:
C:\Users\Asia81\Downloads\Compressed\RxTools-Source>make
make name=code.bin filepath=rxTools/sys/ APP_TITLE='rxTools' APP_DESCRIPTION='Roxas75 3DS Toolkit & Custom Firmware' APP_AUTHOR='Patois, et al.' ICON=/c/Users/Asia81/Downloads/Compressed/RxTools-Source/icon.png -C CakeBrah
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Asia81/Downloads/Compressed/RxTools-Source/CakeBrah'
make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Asia81/Downloads/Compressed/RxTools-Source/CakeBrah'
make: *** [all-target-brahma] Error 2
did you use this ?

git clone --recursive https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools (to get the source)
cd rxtools
make release

no error when compiling on my side

Last edited by FONZD,

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
No. I already said you can't be linked after formatting through system settings. Look in SD:/Nintendo 3ds/. Do you see more than 1 folder? If you do, you're not linked.

You don't lose anything from updating, but you can't update emunand if you can't launch emunand. But now I'm confused what your current issue is, since you state "unwrap presents every time I enter emunand". You might try booting into emunand, then visit data management after unwrapping everything, just to see if it "repairs" your title.db. Still didn't catch your sysnand version...

Don't use a tutorial. Read the README.md. It doesn't cover making an emunand, but you seem to know how to do that anyway. The only thing new, as I said before, is to use tinyformat when unlinking nands. This will save you heartache when trying to access eshop/miiverse/etc...

oh yeah, 9.2.0.20U. Sorry about that. Looking in the folders, there were 2. I guess I'd forgotten to fix the title.db and import.db.
But this isn't my issue. My issue is that when booting into emunand, the 3ds just shuts off. I can get to the rxmenu and I can use devmenu, but if I try to load emunand, it just powers down.

My question now is, are there any ways for me to edit the emunand without actually having to boot it? (Like a windows editor or some other brew for 3ds)
At this point i feel like the problem is that I bricked emunand. Would that cause this?

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Status update:
my N3DS is dead without any possibility of recovery.
That should not impact too much latest emuNAND as I'm not the tester.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Status update:
my N3DS is dead without any possibility of recovery.
That should not impact too much latest emuNAND as I'm not the tester.

[16:29:48] AlbertoSONIC: Don't plug the usb charger on it(the hardmod port) or you'll burn the nand xD
[16:34:54] motezazer: "Oh, yes, it's a regular microUSB port! I forgot. Just for the joke, I'll plug my phone charger on it, to see if it works. It's not plugged on the other side, so no risk."
It was plugged on the other side...
[16:35:45] AlbertoSONIC: Noh
[16:35:48] AlbertoSONIC: Really?
[16:35:59] motezazer: My eMMC is burned
[16:36:27] AlbertoSONIC: You're kidding
[16:37:49] motezazer: No ^^
My charger was still on the USB port of my computer, because I copied the photo from my phone to my PC.

HE BURNT HIS NAND BY PLUGGING THE PHONE CHARGER IN THE HARDMOD PORT :/

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
[16:29:48] AlbertoSONIC: Don't plug the usb charger on it(the hardmod port) or you'll burn the nand xD
[16:34:54] motezazer: "Oh, yes, it's a regular microUSB port! I forgot. Just for the joke, I'll plug my phone charger on it, to see if it works. It's not plugged on the other side, so no risk."
It was plugged on the other side...
[16:35:45] AlbertoSONIC: Noh
[16:35:48] AlbertoSONIC: Really?
[16:35:59] motezazer: My eMMC is burned
[16:36:27] AlbertoSONIC: You're kidding
[16:37:49] motezazer: No ^^
My charger was still on the USB port of my computer, because I copied the photo from my phone to my PC.

HE BURNT HIS NAND BY PLUGGING THE PHONE CHARGER IN THE HARDMOD PORT :/

I feel like some extreme facepalming must have occurred after this

I do feel sorry for you though, motezazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway