Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

julezS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So with the new kernel exploits will we see emunand @ 10.3 on n3ds in the future? It should be possible now, right?

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
have you installed a modified version of any system title?
Nope nothing. I downgraded from 9.8 to 9.0. From there I set up the emunand and so on. In the guide what I used, they said I could update the emunand version to 10.3. But it wont let me for some reason :( there is nothing modified or something else

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, sounds like the script has a typo. Where did you download it from?
It's an incompatibility with 3.x.x, as 3.x.x versions use slightly different syntax from all 2.7.x versions. 2.7.x is popular among developers for whatever reason, which seems to get newbies confused.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the new kernel exploits will we see emunand @ 10.3 on n3ds in the future? It should be possible now, right?

No. We don't really have a "new" kernel exploit. We have an ARM11 exploit that allows people to downgrade back to an exploitable firmware, but once there you are basically back in the same position as everyone else on 9.2 or lower has been. There is some hope that this ARM11 exploit will open the doors to finding an ARM9 exploit (what most people think of when they hear "kernel exploit"). ARM9 would allow unsigned cias and cfw, and emunand for N3DS, up to the point where it was patched.

Nope nothing. I downgraded from 9.8 to 9.0. From there I set up the emunand and so on. In the guide what I used, they said I could update the emunand version to 10.3. But it wont let me for some reason :( there is nothing modified or something else

Ah, so you used the new memchunkhax2 stuff to downgrade. Unfortunately your error is likely related to that so you will probably need to seek support there.

It's an incompatibility with 3.x.x, as 3.x.x versions use slightly different syntax from all 2.7.x versions. 2.7.x is popular among developers for whatever reason, which seems to get newbies confused.

That would make sense. Thanks for the information.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

has anybody else gotten the error "failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 5" on n3ds 9.2U? i've set up rxtools before on an O3ds, but never had any problems, so i'm not sure how to go about even trouble shooting this.

aaaaaand now it's the native firm: 4 error. still don't know what's up. i'm assuming it's something to do with the firmware.bin file i have, but i've tried several of them(and tried a few different names mentioned in various threads/guides)

Did you happen to downgrade your system using the new sysupdater?

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did, but i thought that the bugs with CFW not working was fixed earlier today. is that not the case?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did, but i thought that the bugs with CFW not working was fixed earlier today. is that not the case?
It was, but all things considered I am not overly surprised that you are having an issue. Your problem COULD be just an issue with setting up rxtools. Something like the wrong firmware.bin file or placing it in the wrong folders, etc, but there is always a chance that the problem stems from an issue with the downgrade.

So first of, what guide/tutorial are you following to set it up? It is worth noting that the steps do differ slightly for the N3DS compared to the O3DS, and the firmware.bin file you need is different. In fact, iirc the python script (cdn_firm.py) cannot be used to generate the bin file. I had to pull it from reinand.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my firmware.bin from "that iso site" something like "encrypted for full n3ds support later" was in the description. before that though i was using the firmware.bin mentioned in this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

i followed this one because i wanted to coldboot instead of doing it through the browser like on my o3ds. if that's the issue i'll just set it up through the browser or ninjhax.

Edit: i also tried the one generated by the python script, but again that doesn't work as has been mentioned several times across the internet.

Last edited by zac122,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my firmware.bin from "that iso site" something like "encrypted for full n3ds support later" was in the description. before that though i was using the firmware.bin mentioned in this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

i followed this one because i wanted to coldboot instead of doing it through the browser like on my o3ds. if that's the issue i'll just set it up through the browser or ninjhax.
That should not be the issue. In fact, my understanding is that using the .3dsx file to load rxTools is rather unstable in the first place. I would double check the original firmware file you were using to make sure the hash matches the one listed in the guide.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should not be the issue. In fact, my understanding is that using the .3dsx file to load rxTools is rather unstable in the first place. I would double check the original firmware file you were using to make sure the hash matches the one listed in the guide.

it matches. i double checked everything a few times just to be safe before even trying to launch it. funny thing is i can load up the firmware.bin from the rxTools menu, but that just restarts the system which then tries to reload rxtools and hangs on a red screen. of course i can go back to the home menu as well, but that doesn't really get me anywhere. i guess i'll go check everything out again real quick though. probably just something dumb i missed.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it matches. i double checked everything a few times just to be safe before even trying to launch it. funny thing is i can load up the firmware.bin from the rxTools menu, but that just restarts the system which then tries to reload rxtools and hangs on a red screen. of course i can go back to the home menu as well, but that doesn't really get me anywhere. i guess i'll go check everything out again real quick though. probably just something dumb i missed.
Just making sure, but your sysnand and emunand are unlinked right?

Trying to use menuhax with them linked can cause some weird issues from what I understand. Though I doubt it is responsible for your NATIVE_FIRM error

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to boot up rxTools, but after it installs the content for speeding up, it kicks me back to the Home Menu. Is this normal?

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i unlinked them right after setting up emunand. just rechecked the md5 and it matches. i tried overwriting the file again just to see what would happen and it didn't work. what folders should be under the rxTools folder before the first time set up?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i unlinked them right after setting up emunand. just rechecked the md5 and it matches. i tried overwriting the file again just to see what would happen and it didn't work. what folders should be under the rxTools folder before the first time set up?

Honestly? I do not remember.

At this point my suggestion to you would be to check the thread with the guide and post there asking for support as well. I really wish we could consolidate all the scattered "this is how you do it" guides into a centralized and updated thread, but until 3.0 sees an "official" stable release we will probably never see that.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well thanks for the help anyway. i'm sure somebody else is having the same problem as i am, so eventually it'll get solved.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to repeat my question, since it's been 21 minutes without an answer, and I would like to get this working before winter break ends tomorrow.

I've tried to boot up rxTools, but after it installs the content for speeding up, it kicks me back to the Home Menu. Is this normal?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to repeat my question, since it's been 21 minutes without an answer, and I would like to get this working before winter break ends tomorrow.

Sorry man, that is new one for me.

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by LuigiXHero,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxtools for me hangs at booting into rxmode with emunand

I used this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

I'm on 9.2U o3DS.

I have the firm files and I did the whole launching the gateway menu and I did the reformat emunand.

What is it hanging on? Black screen? Specific error?

Were you able to do the initial data installation/setup stuff?

Also, going forward it would be VERY helpful if people would specify if they are on a downgraded console so we can sort out of the recent influx of issues is an rxtools problem or a downgrade problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw