Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12-5-10 is now working the documents say to put firm folder in the rxtool sys folder when it need to be just in the rx tools folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks for not realy helping its 420 am and i need to wake up early for work so thanks

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12-5-10 is now working the documents say to put firm folder in the rxtool sys folder when it need to be just in the rx tools folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks for not realy helping its 420 am and i need to wake up early for work so thanks

your wrong it says

"Use this tool the first time you use rxTools.
It will generate 'firm' directory (for New 3DS, you need to provide your own encrypted firm file!), containing files necessary for the toolkit to work.
Once it gets successfully generated, copy 'firm' to your rxTools directory."

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesent matter MicroSD Cards in SD Card adaptor always cause problems so u need to go buy the proper hardware.
Out of the four systems I own running rxTools two of them are using microSD cards in adapters with no issues so I wouldn't say they always cause problems.

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@aenoch - make sure you rename the firmware.bin to 0004013820000002.bin. Leave 'orig' out of the name. Then place that file in sdcard:/rxtools/data, not the firm folder. This is what I did on both my O3DS and N3DS to get rxtools to work.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@aenoch - make sure you rename the firmware.bin to 0004013820000002.bin. Leave 'orig' out of the name. Then place that file in sdcard:/rxtools/data, not the firm folder. This is what I did on both my O3DS and N3DS to get rxtools to work.
Nope...no firmware in data folder, just in firm folder. My post above please sir.

Reactions: peteruk

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope...no firmware in data folder, just in firm folder. My post above please sir.
When the Installation Data Suite runs on rxtools, it copies the firmware.bin to the data folder. You can just create a data folder and place the rename firmware.bin file in there. Don't care what that guide says, that's how both my o3ds and n3ds is set up with rxtools.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone looking on how to set this up on N3DS/XL, check out the guide in my signature. Covers from start to finish, from preparing your microsd to having rxtools autobooting.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the Installation Data Suite runs on rxtools, it copies the firmware.bin to the data folder. You can just create a data folder and place the rename firmware.bin file in there. Don't care what that guide says, that's how both my o3ds and n3ds is set up with rxtools.
No. It really doesn't. If you had your shit set up correctly, you'd see that the MD5 checksums are different. The .py downloads the encrypted files from CDN. Installation data suite decrypts the files and stores the decrypted ones in the data folder. Stop spreading useless crap.

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. It really doesn't. If you had your shit set up correctly, you'd see that the MD5 checksums are different. The .py downloads the encrypted files from CDN. Installation data suite decrypts the files and stores the decrypted ones in the data folder. Stop spreading useless crap.
Uh...my shit works. It's set up correctly and working fine. The advice was for aenoch...not you. Stop being a prick on this site. Now I remember I left this site because of assholes like you. Same goes for @Ripper00420 and @Shadow#1 for liking your post.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh...my shit works. It's set up correctly and working fine. The advice was for aenoch...not you. Stop being a prick on this site. Now I remember I left this site because of assholes like you. Same goes for @Ripper00420 and @Shadow#1 for liking your post.
I can like what I want kid, so keep my name out your mouth. I'm just leaving proper installation links so as to not confuse the masses over personal install methods, which generally conflict and cause user- end errors.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yours SEEMS to work because you put reinand's decrypted firm in the data folder. That doesn't mean it's the same as rxtools PROPERLY decrypting the PROPER firmware file and using the proper patches. So later on when you find a bug, it's your own fault. But then it's not only you, when you spread false information and others follow suit.

So IDGAF who you're talking to, I'm stopping them from being as stupid as you are.

Grow up and learn how to follow directions. You're doing it wrong.

Last edited by urherenow,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone got gba games working.

I have them installed to sysnand and emunand even though they are unlinked and they wont load in emunand

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone got gba games working.

I have them installed to sysnand and emunand even though they are unlinked and they wont load in emunand
GBA VC is no longer working on new3ds.
If you want to get it working, try using cakesfw/2nd Oct. rxTools nightly with patched agb_firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone