Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, i'm really god damn confused right now. I was going to buy a sky3ds when i saw a reddit thread where someone posted that if you are on 9.2 (i am), you don't need a sky3ds/flashcart to play 3ds ROMs, you can install rxtools. Here i don't see any mention of how to do that besides the FAQ saying it supports it. I have no idea what i'm doing here, can anyone PM me or link me to a step-by-step guide on how i can get rxtools on my 3ds and play 3ds ROMs? Please and thanks! Would prefer not to brick my 3ds by trying it from my own methods >.>.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(It shows emunand 9.0 but it works up to 9.5)

kf2r86.jpg

Thanks @laramie ;)

The same that reiNAND have but several centuries later, and just when @Reisyukaku released the source code... Interesting.

Reactions: thaikhoa

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
The same that reiNAND have but several centuries later, and just when @Reisyukaku released the source code... Interesting.
What you're saying is completely false. Me and @AHP_person got firmlaunch to work on n3ds two days ago and we started to port emunand and mythread yesterday evening. I didn't had time to test anything, so @laramie did it for me and @AHP_person . Yesterday night i felt asleep at about 2 am, during a test phase, and when I woke up this morning, they told me that emunand booted. Sysnand doesn't instead and I'll work on it this night. We're using RXTOOLS CODE ONLY, adjusted with n3ds offsets got from ram dumps, not reinand code. @capito27 told me about reinand source code being uploaded when rxtools n3ds emunand was ALREADY done. Also, rxtools already had arm9 thread, otherwise it wouldn't have regionfree and Ver. String patch. I won't upload the source code untill we get firmware creation ready, and this needs @motezazer 's bug to be fixed.

If you don't believe me, ask @AHP_person , @laramie , @capito27 , @motezazer or even Roxas75 (yes I still talk with him on twitter, we were talking about emunand yesterday evening!

If you still don't believe me, check rxmode source code for n3ds (once we'll release it), you'll see it's rxtools code with n3ds offsets and some adjustment.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you're saying is completely false. Me and @AHP_person got firmlaunch to work on n3ds two days ago and we started to port emunand and mythread yesterday evening. I didn't had time to test anything, so @laramie did it for me and @AHP_person . Yesterday night i felt asleep at about 2 am, during a test phase, and when I woke up this morning, they told me that emunand booted. Sysnand doesn't instead and I'll work on it this night. We're using RXTOOLS CODE ONLY, adjusted with n3ds offsets got from ram dumps, not reinand code. @capito27 told me about reinand source code being uploaded when rxtools n3ds emunand was ALREADY done. Also, rxtools already had arm9 thread, otherwise it wouldn't have regionfree and Ver. String patch. I won't upload the source code untill we get firmware creation ready, and this needs @motezazer 's bug to be fixed.

If you don't believe me, ask @AHP_person , @laramie , @capito27 , @motezazer or even Roxas75 (yes I still talk with him on twitter, we were talking about emunand yesterday evening!

If you still don't believe me, check rxmode source code for n3ds (once we'll release it), you'll see it's rxtools code with n3ds offsets and some adjustment.

My apologies then. Good job to everyone!

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

liezryou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So put 2.6 rxtools on my 3ds or wait for 3.0? I'm like halfway through the steps when i found out 3.0 was about to be released.

liezryou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The numerotation is a big mess.
Technically, we're still in alpha stage.
I know I know, but this is how everybody called it... Is there a new code.bin compatible with lastest builds ?
Yeah i was going to say i don't want to get involved in an experimental stage, if something goes wrong i'm pretty much fcked since i'm not that savvy about this stuff. Sooo wait i guess for full 3.0 instead of going 2.6 now?
pre-3.0 already works great with o3DS and that way you will be accustomed to the new interface.
This is the same probleme with the 2.6, you can confuse the last official 2.6 with the "2.6b", the unofficial release with cakeHax support.

liezryou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I know, but this is how everybody called it... Is there a new code.bin compatible with lastest builds ?

pre-3.0 already works great with o3DS and that way you will be accustomed to the new interface.
This is the same probleme with the 2.6, you can confuse the last official 2.6 with the "2.6b", the unofficial release with cakeHax support.

Oh ok, so when the official 3.0 comes out will it be an easy upgrade from this to that?

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys, someting extremely weird happened to my o3ds console a few minutes ago, for some reason, when I launched rxMode in emunand, almost all the games were deleted (no Outrun or Shovel Knight or the Blargsnes emulator and GBA games). And, when I power up my console first, I realized that some games were delete it. Its that normal?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tittle manager is still there.

Oh, I installed Streets of Rage 2 a few days ago... I have to convert it to RF since was Europe 3ds file.

It could be that?

I know what it is! I opened data stuff in settings configuration from my sysnand by error and thats must deleted the stuff... Now my question is: do I lost the save files? I mean, if I install again the games, the saves would be there? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol