Status
Not open for further replies.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@AlbertoSONIC , @nastys .. I'm sorry I don't know the whole team.

I just tried the latest compiled source posted a couple of posts above, and I will list some bugs here. Those were mostly introduced in 2.6 and have been confirmed by the community, and Roxas knew about them, but sadly he retired before doing anything about them.

Bug report:

CONFIRMED BUGS:

- Booting into sysnand "rxMode": Breaks notification and friends list (Friends list might work for a few seconds then it kicks you out). This bug does not exist in devmode or regular sysnand.
- Booting into emunand "rxMode": Breaks the ability to open manuals. Works fine in rxMode sysnand and other CFW like cakes.

UNCONFIRMED BUGS:
- This doesn't happen always, and it happens in cakes CFW as well, but I narrowed it down to WHERE it happens. It only happens in cakes where you pick the patch to run AGB/TWL. Since rxTools, has that by default, it happens in rxmode. Of course, before 2.6, AGB/TWL support didn't exist in rxTools, therefore this issue did not exist:
- I run pokemon shuffle, press menu, press on browser icon (to run the link for RAM hack). Most of the times it will freeze before the browser is opened (none-hack related).

- Graphical bug I guess: Generating Fat 16 Xorpads, when creating it will say:
Creating Pad 0: (insert actual percentage here) ad...
Creating Pad 0: 0%

After it finished, it says:
Press A to exit
100% d...

I am guessing the "ad..." and the "Creating Pad 0: 0%" are not supposed to be there?

- I run this exploit using spider. The code doesn't seem to be stable as it used to be. It crashes the browser like, 40% of the time. I wanted to see if this is normal, and tried cakes multiple times, and it didn't crash once.

- Note a bug, just an observation: Would it be possible to change the font to another color like white for example? Currently its the same shade as the theme, bad for the eyes lol

@Crusard: I still see the none triangular version of the theme is better than this. Any chance you can upload that one for those who prefer it? :)

Other than that, this latest build is awesome! Thanks guys :D

Crusard

Trophies
XP
Country
When rxTools out your final version, I will create a modification of the theme without the triangles for people who do not like.

And... sorry for my bad english. (complaints about my bad English to google XD)

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@AlbertoSONIC , @nastys .. I'm sorry I don't know the whole team.

I just tried the latest compiled source posted a couple of posts above, and I will list some bugs here. Those were mostly introduced in 2.6 and have been confirmed by the community, and Roxas knew about them, but sadly he retired before doing anything about them.

Bug report:

CONFIRMED BUGS:

- Booting into sysnand "rxMode": Breaks notification and friends list (Friends list might work for a few seconds then it kicks you out). This bug does not exist in devmode or regular sysnand.
- Booting into emunand "rxMode": Breaks the ability to open manuals. Works fine in rxMode sysnand and other CFW like cakes.

UNCONFIRMED BUGS:
- This doesn't happen always, and it happens in cakes CFW as well, but I narrowed it down to WHERE it happens. It only happens in cakes where you pick the patch to run AGB/TWL. Since rxTools, has that by default, it happens in rxmode. Of course, before 2.6, AGB/TWL support didn't exist in rxTools, therefore this issue did not exist:
- I run pokemon shuffle, press menu, press on browser icon (to run the link for RAM hack). Most of the times it will freeze before the browser is opened (none-hack related).

- Graphical bug I guess: Generating Fat 16 Xorpads, when creating it will say:
Creating Pad 0: (insert actual percentage here) ad...

After it finished, it says:
Press A to exit
100% d...

I am guessing the "ad..." and the "Creating Pad 0: 0%" are not supposed to be there?

- I run this exploit using spider. The code doesn't seem to be stable as it used to be. It crashes the browser like, 40% of the time. I wanted to see if this is normal, and tried cakes multiple times, and it didn't crash once.

- Note a bug, just an observation: Would it be possible to change the font to another color like white for example? Currently its the same shade as the theme, bad for the eyes lol

@Crusard: I still see the none triangular version of the theme is better than this. Any chance you can upload that one for those who prefer it? :)

Other than that, this latest build is awesome! Thanks guys :D

You should post those issues on the github page project for better visibility.

https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/issues

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You should post those issues on the github page project for better visibility.

https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/issues
Thanks, I'm new to github so kinda forgot that it's there :P

That being said, I would rather not post anything that isn't confirmed there. It would just be a waste of time for the developers. It would be better if the community check and see if they have the same issue. Once confirmed we can post it there.

As for the confirmed bugs, I see the first one is already posted by @Apache Thunder .. I would appreciate if someone can post the second one there as I am heading right now and I'll have to make an account to post

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'm new to github so kinda forgot that it's there :P

That being said, I would rather not post anything that isn't confirmed there. It would just be a waste of time for the developers. It would be better if the community check and see if they have the same issue. Once confirmed we can post it there.

As for the confirmed bugs, I see the first one is already posted by @Apache Thunder .. I would appreciate if someone can post the second one there as I am heading right now and I'll have to make an account to post
Actually the "creating pad 0 : 100%" bug occurs even in 2.6
EDIT: derp moment did not realize that you were actually talking about the bugs present in 2.6

Last edited by megazero1x1,
Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Actually the "creating pad 0 : 100%" bug occurs even in 2.6
EDIT: derp moment did not realize that you were actually talking about the bugs present in 2.6
Actually you are not far off. It is a list of bugs present in 2.6 + bugs I am noticing now (whether they existed in 2.6 or not, I cant be sure now) :)

SilverfalconLP

Trophies
XP
Country
My not finished first theme (not its awesome but its my first theme XD)

output_2dy_U06.gif

Stinkerbell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
many many pages ...
so
i have a 3ds (old) with systemnand 4.5
i dont ave ANY flashcards (like r4 ... )
so, why doesnt boot my 3ds into emuNAND with sd inserted?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a tool that pack the theme files into the rxtools.dat file so it be stand alone like the original rxtools was?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The current theme coding can't load bin files from file pack (data.bin stored inside rxTools.dat. It's where the old top screen logo used to be). I tried creating a separate splash screen function that does this. but didn't get very far. :(

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current theme coding can't load bin files from file pack (data.bin stored inside rxTools.dat. It's where the old top screen logo used to be). I tried creating a separate splash screen function that does this. but didn't get very far. :(

ell the ttemetool app in the compiled archive can convert .bin to .jpg

jaceyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I use the function of rxtools to do a nand dump. The generated nand.bin is 10mb or so smaller than gw did. Anyone know what's the problem?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I use the function of rxtools to do a nand dump. The generated nand.bin is 10mb or so smaller than gw did. Anyone know what's the problem?

Both dump NAND in a different form, Gateway reads the whole chip I think, so those missed MB are only junk data. RXTools reads only the usefull data.

jaceyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Both dump NAND in a different form, Gateway reads the whole chip I think, so those missed MB are only junk data. RXTools reads only the usefull data.
Thank you for your answer. I just wonder if i use the rxtools-dump nand.bin to restore my sysnand with gw launcher.dat, will it brick my 3ds?

Reactions: Madridi

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you for your answer. I just wonder if i use the rxtools-dump nand.bin to restore my sysnand with gw launcher.dat, will it brick my 3ds?

I highly recommend you to not use RXTools at this state since is being modified and some bugs are surfacing, there are no bugs regarding NAND dumping but better safe than sorry.

Use Gateway's in the meantime and RX when is officially released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh