Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
no no no no, pls no! my L button is broken. using trigger buttons on the 3ds is a bad idea!
Have you tried with liquid contact cleaner? or is it literally destroyed? Mine started working again after applying it for a couple hours and haven't had to do anything else to it to date.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no no no no, pls no! my L button is broken. using trigger buttons on the 3ds is a bad idea!
Is your R button right? :P
I give you the provilege tu choose the button to press ahaha

Edit : i completely forgot to tell that i completely ported rxTools to work on ninjhax.
I'll now try to write a mset exploit installer for ninjhax, which will give more compatibility for the ones who do not own a DS flashcard.
I also decided to use 4.x version of mset for downgrading, for many reasons i'll not spend time telling.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country

Edit : i completely forgot to tell that i completely ported rxTools to work on ninjhax.
I'll now try to write a mset exploit installer for ninjhax, which will give more compatibility for the ones who do not own a DS flashcard.
I also decided to use 4.x version of mset for downgrading, for many reasons i'll not spend time telling.

*Screams like a Japanese school girl*

Reactions: NeoSlyde

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, wait. Would it function on a N3ds using ninja then?

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, wait. Would it function on a N3ds using ninja then?
Well, actually yes, it should boot.
Though it's not coded to run on new3ds, so many things will just not work, like rxMode and file dumping.
Probably you'll be able to do nand backups and use ctrdecryptor.
These are all theories, i haven't tested, you'll do this yourselves when i'll release :)

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still haven't fixed that? What kind of 3DS do you have? Normal 3DS or 3DS XL?
Have you tried with liquid contact cleaner? or is it literally destroyed? Mine started working again after applying it for a couple hours and haven't had to do anything else to it to date.

its a normal 3ds with a capture card installed. the L/R buttons was problematic for a very long time. i used to use the blow in the tiny cracks around the buttons trick for longest time. but one day a little one was trying to mimic what he saw to fix the button and got alot of spit into the button area. the 3ds wouldn't even power on for a while and then it did but the L button is completely dead and the cameras are broken, if the cameras are activated the system freezes. i want to open and check ribbon cables/connectors for corrosion and stuff, but since the capture card is installed, i don't want to open the system.

R button is ok, but if it was up to me, i would use one of the face buttons, or a combination of face buttons.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hey, roxas, since you are now using the 4.5 mset version, would it be possible to use the old Mset exploit setup with spider to boot RxTools (renamed to launcher.dat , OFC) ?

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
just a question:
how safe is to update to 9.6 having a 4.5.0-4E 3DS with the update nag in SYSNAND (im not downgraded, my 3DS come in 2.X.X-4E)

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With all the stuff on your SD, launch browser exploit it will redirect you on Rxtools menu.
On that menu there's a 'launch Rxmode", use it.

The 3DS will go back to home menu, and then go check in setting to see if your on RX-E version.
If RX-E appear in front of version number don't leave setting and update your emunand.

Is it like with Gateway, that you enter an URL in the browser? If so, what url?

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just a question:
how safe is to update to 9.6 having a 4.5.0-4E 3DS with the update nag in SYSNAND (im not downgraded, my 3DS come in 2.X.X-4E)

It´s Safe
Boot Rxtools
Go t System Settings.
When you Detect Rx-E x-x-x-xx You Can Update from System Update Site 4 in Settings (Done Quit the System Settings
When you Detect Rx-S x-x-x-xx You Can not Update

chil69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thanks to Roxas75 for making this wonderful tool you rock buddy!! keep up the awesome work!...i can now play MH4 with my cousins while staying on a low sysnand (i just made an account just to thank you man!)

Reactions: Roxas75

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
It´s Safe
Boot Rxtools
Go t System Settings.
When you Detect Rx-E x-x-x-xx You Can Update from System Update Site 4 in Settings (Done Quit the System Settings
When you Detect Rx-S x-x-x-xx You Can not Update

i know that but Chaldron say in his tutorial that some users here say that the update their real nand (sysnand) even with RX-E. most of them downgraded

chil69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-p...-without-gateway-mt-card-4-1-4-5-only.383990/

that's what i followed..it worked flawlessly for me, i was already on 4.2 sysnand to begin with...now i can play my legit MH4 cart without me getting tempted to update my sysnand...and with RXtools its completely safe to update your emunand to the latest version (just make sure that you're on emunand it should say RX-E not RX-S) just did all these today worked 100%

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-p...-without-gateway-mt-card-4-1-4-5-only.383990/

that's what i followed..it worked flawlessly for me, i was already on 4.2 sysnand to begin with...now i can play my legit MH4 cart without me getting tempted to update my sysnand...and with RXtools its completely safe to update your emunand to the latest version (just make sure that you're on emunand it should say RX-E not RX-S) just did all these today worked 100%

did u update using internet or using a retail cartridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily