Status
Not open for further replies.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try install browserhax on EMUNAND -> Boot Browserhax -> HBL -> FBI.3dsx -> Install FBI.CIA

If that does not work, then I am afraid you have to go back to the Create EMUNAND step.

Before you create EMUNADN, back up (copy all the files and folders on the SD card to your PC). After the EMUNAND is created, copy back the files and folders form PC to the SD card.

I've thought about trying that, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. The problem I'm facing is that I need my boot.3dsx to be CtrBootManager in order to access the emuNAND, so if I load Browserhax on it, I'll go back to CtrBootManager. I will be able to select the HBL from there, but will I still be on emuNAND? Or will have I "jumped" back to sysNAND?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've thought about trying that, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. The problem I'm facing is that I need my boot.3dsx to be CtrBootManager in order to access the emuNAND, so if I load Browserhax on it, I'll go back to CtrBootManager. I will be able to select the HBL from there, but will I still be on emuNAND? Or will have I "jumped" back to sysNAND?
You just leave the CtrBootManager Boot.3dsx out of this now. Use the HBL boot.3dsx

In the rxTools zip, go to ninjhax folder. Copy the rxTools folder into 3DS folder on the SD card. (Patch should look like this: Root of SD Card:\3ds\rxTools\rxtools.smdh and rxtools.3dsx). Now you can boot into Rxtools EMUNAND through SYSNAND browserhax. Set up browserhax on EMUNAND then try what I suggested in my previous post.

Last edited by tivu100,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just leave the CtrBootManager Boot.3dsx out of this now. Use the HBL boot.3dsx

In the rxTools zip, go to ninjhax folder. Copy the rxTools folder into 3DS folder on the SD card. (Patch should look like this: Root of SD Card:\3ds\rxTools\rxtools.smdh and rxtools.3dsx). Now you can boot into Rxtools EMUNAND through SYSNAND browserhax. Set up browserhax on EMUNAND then try what I suggested in my previous post.

I managed to get to FBI on emuNAND, but I can't install any CIA at all. I guess I'll just start all over again tomorrow.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm trying to inject FBI into the Health and Safety app, but I get this error message:
"Error opening 0:fbi_inject.tmd!"

Did I need to place files on my SD besides the rxTools folder and firmware.bin to install FBI?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm trying to inject FBI into the Health and Safety app, but I get this error message:
"Error opening 0:fbi_inject.tmd!"

Did I need to place files on my SD besides the rxTools folder and firmware.bin to install FBI?
"
1. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

2. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "check TMD version".
If you want to install GBA/DSi games in the future:
Choose sysnand the second time you go over this section (Step 4a)​
3. Take note of the console region and the TMD version, and turn off your 3DS.

4. Open the rxtools download and open the "Tools/fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir."

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"
1. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

2. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "check TMD version".
If you want to install GBA/DSi games in the future:
Choose sysnand the second time you go over this section (Step 4a)​
3. Take note of the console region and the TMD version, and turn off your 3DS.

4. Open the rxtools download and open the "Tools/fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir."

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

I should have read around more then, the guide I read didn't tell me to bring over that! Thanks.

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to still boot into homebrew with this?
I have RXtool installed now but since i put it to boot with L i cant boot homebrew.
To boot to Homebrew i have to rename the Homebrew 3dsx to Boot and Hold L at start up.
If i try using that Homebrew Loader.cia the screen flashes the colors but gets stuck on red and keeps blinking red.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have RXtool installed now but since i put it to boot with L i cant boot homebrew.
To boot to Homebrew i have to rename the Homebrew 3dsx to Boot and Hold L at start up.
If i try using that Homebrew Loader.cia the screen flashes the colors but gets stuck on red and keeps blinking red.

Do the CTR Manager thing in that guide I linked or get the cia for the homebrew launcher.

Reactions: Akshuls

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/

It allows you to use MenuHax to boot into a boot manager, which will then allow you to choose what you want to boot into. Just set the .CFG file correctly though.

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
my config for O3DS
Code:
// Boot menu configuration

boot_config =
{
    // Default timeout in secondes
    // If timeout = -1, disable autoboot
    timeout = 3;

// Some devices (n3ds?) seems to have
    // some timing problems when using timeout=0 (autoboot).
    // You may increase this value to improve boot success rate.
    // Default delay (8) should be good for o3ds, 2 seems good for n3ds
    autobootfix = 8;

// if timeout = 0 (autoboot),
    // hold this key to enter the menu
    // keycode list : https://goo.gl/4XLDIL
    recovery = 2; // SELECT

// Default boot entry
    default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (11 max)
    entries =
    (
        {
            title  = "rxTools";
            path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
            offset = "0x12000";
        },       
        {
            title  = "HomeBrewMenu";
            path = "/bhbl.3dsx";
        }
    );
};

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it