How can I install rxTools using 6.0 MSET

I'm using the original 3DS with this firmware: 6.3.0.12E

Thanks!

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you know what would be super awesome a Hybrid CFW mode thats boots 9.8 and keeps older exploits in place and unpatched. That's the dream

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@pakrett think you can help @SYNERGY6 out I don't use MSET so I couldn't help him when I suggested it to him.

Reactions: pakrett

Ryu Kenshin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Thanks!

I second this question, too. I don't have DS flashcard compatible with 3DS so I use boot.bin to hack MSET but still cannot boot to rxtools by Profile .

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

Thanks!
Literally just download either of these firmwares, your choice:

2.6b: https://github.com/ApacheThunder/rxTools/releases/download/2.6b/release.rar

3.0A0: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases/download/3.0-alpha.0/rxTools_2015-07-12.7z

From there, open the "mset" folder, and copy the "CakesROP.nds" and "ropCustom.txt" to your DS-Mode Flashcart. Make sure they're in the same folder.

You might want to open the "ropCustom.txt" and replace all the text with the following, to avoid garbled text:

rxTools.dat
Launcher.dat
MsetForBoss.dat

(no spaces by the way, just those three lines)

Install rxTools as per the usual instructions, and run CakesROP.nds from your DS-Mode Flashcart. Select "6.x ropCustom.txt", and then select "rxTools.dat".
Return home, and launch with System Settings as per the usual MSET launch steps.
Done.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally just download either of these firmwares, your choice:

2.6b: https://github.com/ApacheThunder/rxTools/releases/download/2.6b/release.rar

3.0A0: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases/download/3.0-alpha.0/rxTools_2015-07-12.7z

From there, open the "mset" folder, and copy the "CakesROP.nds" and "ropCustom.txt" to your DS-Mode Flashcart. Make sure they're in the same folder.

You might want to open the "ropCustom.txt" and replace all the text with the following, to avoid garbled text:

rxTools.dat
Launcher.dat
MsetForBoss.dat

(no spaces by the way, just those three lines)

Install rxTools as per the usual instructions, and run CakesROP.nds from your DS-Mode Flashcart. Select "6.x ropCustom.txt", and then select "rxTools.dat".
Return home, and launch with System Settings as per the usual MSET launch steps.
Done.
I thought MSET could be installed from the Browser hmmm :unsure: @SYNERGY6 if you absolutely need a DS flashcard don't fret they are very cheap like 10 USD max cheap.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I second this question, too. I don't have DS flashcard compatible with 3DS so I use boot.bin to hack MSET but still cannot boot to rxtools by Profile .
You might be interested in setting up the SudokuHax exploit then.
You can find it, along with a tutorial on how to install it, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-new-installing-sudokuhax-on-3ds-4-x-9-2.388621/

I thought MSET could be installed from the Browser hmmm :unsure: @SYNERGY6 if you absolutely need a DS flashcard don't fret they are very cheap like 10 USD max cheap.

There is a code.bin around here somewhere, but I've heard it doesn't always work, and it's not as convenient as a DS-Mode flashcart or SudokuHax.

Ryu Kenshin

Trophies
XP
Country
It's code.bin, not boot.bin, also, what is your exact firmware?
Yes, it's code.bin from 3.0a pakage, i have 2DS with firmware 6.0.0.12-U :P
I add code.bin to root of SDcard, scan the code for 6.X firmware, go to Profile>NDS... and nothing happen.
Then I tried enter URL with browser, everything went well, but when I go to Profile>NDS..., nothing happen again.

Last edited by Ryu Kenshin,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, it's code.bin from 3.0a pakage, i have 2DS with firmware 6.0.0.12-U :P
I add code.bin to root of SDcard, scan the code for 6.X firmware, go to Profile>NDS... and nothing happen.
Then I tried enter URL with browser, everything went well, but when I go to Profile>NDS..., nothing happen again.

You need the 7.X browser (v4096) to use the code bin on 6.X.

k8099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i heard maybe you want to add rxtools theme language select,so maybe you can add chinese language,a friend name bobzhaiyj have do some work to translate english to chinese,and he wish you can use it to add the chinese language selection,so i upload the doc for you,is ok?

and if credits need his name,just use bobzhaiyj is ok:lol:!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SPQQatW.gif

Work in progress

i heard maybe you want to add rxtools theme language select,so maybe you can add chinese language,a friend name bobzhaiyj have do some work to translate english to chinese,and he wish you can use it to add the chinese language selection,so i upload the doc for you,is ok?

and if credits need his name,just use bobzhaiyj is ok:lol:!

the doc link is send to your Profile Posts

Last edited by k8099,

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you find that the code.bin doesn't do anything: run it and wait a minute, exit and repeat. Should work then. (This is assuming you've met all the other requirements, like downgraded MSET and having the correct browser installed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: