Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimisFul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What have you done before ? Step by step ?
I had an up to date 9.7 emuNAND.
Before launching it I decided to look around in the rxTools options and see what it could do. Then I saw the option to create a dump of the sysNAND or the emuNAND.I choose to dump the emuNAND (Correct me if I'm wrong but I think dping means making a backup (I'm french)). So I though I was making a backup. Then, when it was done, I hit laumch RXTools and saw that I was at my sysNAND version, 4.2.0. I went in the settings and seeing Rx - S in front of the version, though it was safe to update bwcause I though I was on emuNAND. Tahdahh

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I had an up to date 9.7 emuNAND.
Before launching it I decided to look around in the rxTools options and see what it could do. Then I saw the option to create a dump of the sysNAND or the emuNAND.I choose to dump the emuNAND (Correct me if I'm wrong but I think dping means making a backup (I'm french)). So I though I was making a backup. Then, when it was done, I hit laumch RXTools and saw that I was at my sysNAND version, 4.2.0. I went in the settings and seeing Rx - S in front of the version, though it was safe to update bwcause I though I was on emuNAND. Tahdahh

There is the thing. You should have knew rx-s is for sysnand.

SimisFul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess ill wait for an exploit. I got Cubic Ninja and Smealum is coming back with it. Maybe some cool stuff will be commung sooner than we think

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is that I simply though that the S had always been there so I didn't get any suspicions lol

Yeah, but if you were reading the OP throughly you would have seen that RX-S is for sysnand and RX-E is for emunand.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess ill wait for an exploit. I got Cubic Ninja and Smealum is coming back with it. Maybe some cool stuff will be commung sooner than we think

Soldering is quite easy but if you don't trust on you I don't blame you, this could be scary ^^
But if you have an XL version do it, this can be performed by a child.

SimisFul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soldering is quite easy but if you don't trust on you I don't blame you ^^
But if you have an XL version do it, this can be performed by a chid.
I don't have an XL and the last time I tried fixing a 3DS i broke it more and I was left with pieces I had no idea about. I'm not talented in that at all.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don't have an XL and the last time I tried fixing a 3DS i broke it more and I was left with pieces I had no idea about. I'm not talented in that at all.

Do you have Nand.bin or Emunand.bin or both? Because in order to get back into an exploitable version with a hardmod you would need a copy of your Nand.bin

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I uderstand, sorry... But yes perhaps a new exploit for gateway allow you to came back.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anybody know what sort of exploit it requiered to use the gateway menu ? I'm curious there is some soft working after 9.2 why downgrading not (or rxtools) ? What sort of exploit has been fixed in 9.3 ?

SimisFul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have Nand.bin or Emunand.bin or both? Because in order to get back into an exploitable version with a hardmod you would need a copy of your Nand.bin
I might have a NAND.bin somewhere but cant check right now. I have one that is like 6mb in size so it wont do it

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody know what sort of exploit it requiered to use the gateway menu ? I'm curious there is some soft working after 9.2 why downgrading not (or rxtools) ? What sort of exploit has been fixed in 9.3 ?

Most critical exploit were fixed in 9.3+

9.2 has: browser exploit, Ninjhax and Ocarina of time. all of them can make gateway working.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yes but 9.5 has a browser exploit to. And 9.7 regionfree by cubic ninja.

true. but escalated privileges access through other modules exploitation were fixed (for most) in 9.3, so the entrypoint still work, but couldn't have more than a very limited userland access. Unless someone find a new exploit, then entrypoints could be reused to homebrew launching, or gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: florida men just a different breed +1