Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
With the upcoming 2.5 with CIA and homebrew, can you install a legit CIA to emuNAND? I only use emuNAND, I don't see the reason why you want to install on sysNAND...

Do this :
-Make emunand backup
-Extract emunand ticket.db
-Inject it into sysnand
-Install tha games to sysnand
-Restore emunand backup
-Extract sysnand ticket.db
-Inject it into emunand

You'll have the CIAs installed into sysnand AND emunand that way in theory.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He said he couldn't block legit CIA's from being played, but you won't be able to install them from inside rxTools
That's great news. It sounds like .cia installation will be done through the rxTools menu and not from within rxMode itself. It'd certainly be the best way of controlling what can and cannot be installed.

good, naturally i want to be able to play the games i have paid for
I think once a legit .cia is installed there's no way of identifying whether it was installed via the eShop, or by way of a .cia installer.

SimisFul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess who went on emuNAND, clicked on update and got his sysNAND updated? Meeeeee.
Well now I have a useless 64 gb sd card, great.
Version said RX - S 4.2.0 blah blah and it updated the sysNAND.
I think I have a backup of my nand, I have a 960 mb file called emuNAND.bin on my SD card, any chance it can be used with the soldering method?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guess who went on emuNAND, clicked on update and got his sysNAND updated? Meeeeee.
Well now I have a useless 64 gb sd card, great.
Version said RX - S 4.2.0 blah blah and it updated the sysNAND.

RX - S is for sysnand...
RX - E is for emunand...

Logical, no ? Don't blame the soft !

I think I have a backup of my nand, I have a 960 mb file called emuNAND.bin on my SD card, any chance it can be used with the soldering method?

And yes it will work.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SimisFul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RX - S is for sysnand...
Why would it even put me on sysNAND when I clicked rxMode? I had just created an emuNAND dump and apparently it deleted my emuNAND and redirected it to my sysNAND? I updated it thinking that I made a mistake and simply copied the sysNAND over but no. Its a pretty bad annoyance. Is there any chance that this dump, whatever it did, can be used to downgrade?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would it even put me on sysNAND when I clicked rxMode? I had just created an emuNAND dump and apparently it deleted my emuNAND and redirected it to my sysNAND? I updated it thinking that I made a mistake and simply copied the sysNAND over but no. Its a pretty bad annoyance. Is there any chance that thos dump, whatever it did, can be used to downgrade?

You don't create an emuNAND dump, you let the GateWay menu create an emuNAND partition on your SD card

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what did I do then...

I dunno?... You tell me?

Yes, but gateway copy the sysnand into that partition too.
Well, right, it sticks a sysNAND dump into a new partition on the SD card. Regardless, it doesn't just produce a file, that's just straight-up dumping the NAND

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry guys for the way I sound, I'm just really mad/sad and I know its entirely my fault.

Don't worry I have bricked my 3ds few months ago and if you realy have a file called emunand.bin created before your update this is good for you, but you have to install a nandmod.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never mentionned Gateway, this entirely happened using rxTools with the web browser exploit, in the menu where you would normally click "Launch RXTools"

That's where the issue lies, then. rxTools doesn't create an emuNAND partition, you need to use either the GateWay or MTCard launcher to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign