ROM Hack [Release] Pokémon SuMoCheatMenu [supports o3DS]

AxeEon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll look into it. In the mean time, SciresM's code.bin patch removes the QR code scan limit. With the latest nightly update of Luma3DS you can use it by just downloading this IPS file and putting it in SD:\luma\titles\<title id for sun or moon>\

Then your QR codes won't have a limit.
It is still not working. I did update my luma and still nothing..

rphlfjrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New release:

v0.2.1
  • Updated form names for Pikachu to match in-game names.
  • Added version number to bottom center of menu to make it easier to notice if updates are released.
  • Removed some un-obtainable items such as Safari Ball, Sport Ball, Cherish Ball, Dream Ball and the rogue Greeting Mail.
  • Changed All Items code to group all Poké Balls at top of item list.
No new features added.
Are those the only unobtainable items as of now?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing it does is make previously caught Pokémon act like traded Pokémon. I've added a lot of safety code to ensure nothing messes up. If you're worried though, make a backup save with JKSM just in case. As for these royal screw ups, I wouldn't mind having some links to them so I can more thoroughly test my code out. As far as I know my plugin and an older gateshark code are the only way to change gender at the moment.

Thanks for the reply!

I've read a few posts from the X and Y hacking threads that swapping genders screws up the game's story, and can cause glitches etc (something which a lot of people said (well, assumed) would be the case with Sun/Moon which is what I'm basing my assumption on [that it'll screw the game up somehow] as have others since this is the first mod as it were which allows us to swap trainer genders (after PKHex removed the option from the save editor).

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply!

I've read a few posts from the X and Y hacking threads that swapping genders screws up the game's story, and can cause glitches etc (something which a lot of people said (well, assumed) would be the case with Sun/Moon which is what I'm basing my assumption on [that it'll screw the game up somehow] as have others since this is the first mod as it were which allows us to swap trainer genders (after PKHex removed the option from the save editor).
In X and Y the gender you didn't choose became one of your rivals, which does not happen in Sun and Moon. The clothing boutique gives options based on your set gender and the inventory for males and females seems shared and uses the same values for both. Dialog adjusts as well. I think gender in X and Y was based on an event flag set at the start of the game while in Sun and Moon it's a value that's a part of your appearance data. So far I've played through the whole game switching genders after each completed trial and haven't hit any issues yet.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

AxeEon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot one step. Hold SELECT while booting Luma3DS and make sure the option "Enable game patching" is on.
Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have the latest hourly build of Luma have the patch located in luma titles etc.. Even made sure luma wws configured to load game patches. Also is there a code to only encounter pokemon not caught?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have the latest hourly build of Luma have the patch located in luma titles etc.. Even made sure luma wws configured to load game patches. Also is there a code to only encounter pokemon not caught?
So you have SD:\luma\titles\0004000000175E00\code.ips (this is for Moon) on your SD card and you have Luma3DS v6.6-1eb18c17 according to the configuration screen as well as "Enable Game patching" you still don't have unlimited QR scans?

Also, there is not a code or patch to only encounter Pokémon you've never caught before that I know of for Sun and Moon.

EDIT: Shoot, I never renamed it to code.ips before I attached it to the post. I'm sorry, please rename the file to code.ips when putting it on your SD card.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,
Reactions: lonewolf08

Oakmontowls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love what you have done with this plug in and was wondering if rudimentary pokemon editing would be possible to add to the plug in. An example of this would be options to set the nature of the pokemon that is first in your party. Other useful applications would be the ability to set evs/ivs (with or without a check to make sure you don't exceed the 508 ev cap). Is this kind of editing even possible with ntr or is this doomed to be a pipe dream of the old action replay hacks.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love what you have done with this plug in and was wondering if rudimentary pokemon editing would be possible to add to the plug in. An example of this would be options to set the nature of the pokemon that is first in your party. Other useful applications would be the ability to set evs/ivs (with or without a check to make sure you don't exceed the 508 ev cap). Is this kind of editing even possible with ntr or is this doomed to be a pipe dream of the old action replay hacks.
Doing this would require a keyboard, which while not impossible to do, is already better done with homebrew like PKSM. I don't see a need to re-invent the wheel with additional limits that NTR sets when there's already a very feature rich homebrew already made.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny