ROM Hack [Release] Pokémon SuMoCheatMenu [supports o3DS]

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I only have 'Autoboot SysNAND' and 'Show GBA boot screen' enabled.
I did delete the update data to go back to 1.0 to see if that would work, and now the crashes aren't happening so now I'm just even more confused.
But it's working so yay :P
Sounds like my plugin is not properly detecting which update you have installed and is thus defaulting to v1.0 codes, which is why only v1.0 works. Do me an experiment, update to v1.2 of Pokémon and try using the money or item codes only and tell me if they work. Those ones are version independent.

You forgot about us :sad:

Which discord should I be paying attention to?
None in particular, people sometimes ping me in the Discord that Red setup for SUMOHax and I ended up replying there and not here.

well, I've tested it with the shiny appearance, the 100% capture and the use box anywhere and it didn't work for me :/
Those codes are version specific and I have not yet updated the plugin for v1.2, though I'm working on it. The person who responded to you meant I'm still active in this product and that it is not abandoned, not that it was already updated for the new updates.

Tsuunho_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like my plugin is not properly detecting which update you have installed and is thus defaulting to v1.0 codes, which is why only v1.0 works. Do me an experiment, update to v1.2 of Pokémon and try using the money or item codes only and tell me if they work. Those ones are version independent.

None in particular, people sometimes ping me in the Discord that Red setup for SUMOHax and I ended up replying there and not here.

Those codes are version specific and I have not yet updated the plugin for v1.2, though I'm working on it. The person who responded to you meant I'm still active in this product and that it is not abandoned, not that it was already updated for the new updates.
glad to hear it... ^^ I'm waiting for the update!!

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently updated to the newest version of the plugin, deleted the old one entirely loaded it up and it worked. However once I leave the building I'm in it crashes/errors? I'm not sure whether it's possibly due to playing Nova sun 1.2 or not but I didn't have problems with nova sun's 1.1 version. (I was just using random modifier, instant text & No outlines.)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently updated to the newest version of the plugin, deleted the old one entirely loaded it up and it worked. However once I leave the building I'm in it crashes/errors? I'm not sure whether it's possibly due to playing Nova sun 1.2 or not but I didn't have problems with nova sun's 1.1 version. (I was just using random modifier, instant text & No outlines.)
I am actively working on this right now. About to push a quick 'work around'. More details soon.

Reactions: Skylinedeadline

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay sweet sorry if I was repeating what others already have I wasn't sure whether it was an actual bug or not. (love the plugin btw)
It's fine, it's been brought up a few times but I hadn't had a chance to actively test it myself to see if it's user error or not (hint; it's not). While I have identified what's causing it I don't know WHY it's causing it, so it'll just be disabled in the meantime until I do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

New release:
v0.6.1

• Prevents a crash when using the plugin in combo with NovaSun and UmbraMoon LayeredFS
  • Currently the EXP Multiplier cheat does not work with these mods and trying to use it will crash the game. When the cause is discovered the cheat will be updated. This only affects NovaSun and UmbraMoon LayeredFS mods.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine, it's been brought up a few times but I hadn't had a chance to actively test it myself to see if it's user error or not (hint; it's not). While I have identified what's causing it I don't know WHY it's causing it, so it'll just be disabled in the meantime until I do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

New release:
v0.6.1

• Prevents a crash when using the plugin in combo with NovaSun and UmbraMoon
  • Currently the EXP Multiplier cheat does not work with these mods and trying to use it will crash the game. When the cause is discovered the cheat will be updated. This only affects NovaSun and UmbraMoon mods.

It's not specifically a NovaSun/UmbraMoon issue, it was a LayeredFS issue. I had crashes on the original games after Luma 7.0 when using the plugin along with LayeredFS modifications, which for me were just music replacements. Nevertheless, this finally fixes the issue, thank you!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not specifically a NovaSun/UmbraMoon issue, it was a LayeredFS issue. I had crashes on the original games after Luma 7.0 when using the plugin along with LayeredFS modifications, which for me were just music replacements. Nevertheless, this finally fixes the issue, thank you!
Thank you, that lets me know this isn't anything to do with NovaSun or UmbraMoon and not to involve that dev. I have an idea what's going on but I'll need to do some more testing later.

havefeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Post a pic of your SD card.

Fixed the issue with the Sun/Moon hacks, at least. I had a 500+kb plugin file in the Sun plugin folder. That's what was stopping the damn thing from working. I think I might have an extra plugin in the HWL plugin folder too, which I'm actually about to check.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the issue with the Sun/Moon hacks, at least. I had a 500+kb plugin file in the Sun plugin folder. That's what was stopping the damn thing from working. I think I might have an extra plugin in the HWL plugin folder too, which I'm actually about to check.
Huh I completely forgot about this post. I figured it was something on your in but glad you got it working and Goodluck with the rest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill