Hacking [RELEASE] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha - official thread

rez78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, thanks for the support :) I do not have the time to "work" on it these days, but this is my "baby" so I'll go back to it someday !
Please don't forget your baby and our Ps Vita! Add rapid fire button,steering in racing games and more! Thanks

Winklepicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love this emulator, the fact that its standalone emulator is much more desirable to me as I am really not a fan of the Retroarch gui. I find Retroarch very clunky and not very user friendly at all. I really prefer the standalone emulators and wish we could get some standalone emulators for the megadrive, master system etc that work 100%.

In regards to PFBA it’s a fantastic emulator, I love the gui with the game info and the option for screenshots. I really appreciate the dev doing this emulator and hopefully in time it will get better and better. I would love to see perfect arcade emulation for some of the older games such as the konami driver, data east taito and sega system 16 games etc.

Some PFBA Bugs I’ve noticed in the neogeo games is that sometimes the sound will completely stop in a game and then this will affect every other game that you try and boot. The only way around it is to exit and restart PFBA. Some games the sound will just not play or cut off, an example of that would be “Fatal fury 1”. When you boot the game the sound works ok but as soon as it starts the first round the sound cuts off and dosent come back. Also in "real bout fatal fury 2" no music or sounds on character select screen.

Also I would love to see in the future an option of a rapid fire button, (holding down a button instead of tapping it) would be excellent for the vertical shooters. Also becxause I use the first edition of the vita I would love to see customization for the menu buttons. Currently to bring up the menu its “Start + Select” However because of the small indented buttons on the first gen model vita its very awkward to press them, so it would be awesome to have an option to assign them to something else like for eg (L1, R1 + select) for menu instead.

Hopefully we get more updates to other game performance, as currently cps1, cps2 and neogeo stuff works perfect (except for the occasional cutoff sound issues in certain games) Also a note to the dev, have you considered contacting the guys over at emuxtras? They are constantly updating FBA drivers to work on the original xbox console and the emulation is perfect. Is it something that would be of use to you, maybe porting over some of those modded drivers to the vita version? Or would they not be compatible?

Keep up the great work

Last edited by Winklepicker,

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought that it still not support vita tv by usb.
ec4700e343af8bb35bd3e5b5716570de.jpg

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, thanks for your hard work, I voted pfba, shared with my friends this link and my experience with it.
Good luck dude!!!

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

Reactions: cpasjuste

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's working fine for me. I'm running Bomb Jack on my Playstation TV even as we speak. Do you have the games in the right folder?

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
It's working fine for me. I'm running Bomb Jack on my Playstation TV even as we speak. Do you have the games in the right folder?

Are you running from a USB Stick (after "mount USB ux0:") successfully? Or are you running from memory card?

It works fine from memory card on PSTV (even with multiplayer support) but I think it is not working from USB thumb stick (games are not found).

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using it with a flash drive (USB stick), yes. It's a 32GB Onn I bought for cheap at a Wal-Mart. I didn't do anything special to use the games; I just put them in the usual folder (ux0:data/pfba/roms/).

Reactions: pauloedsonjk

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm using it with a flash drive (USB stick), yes. It's a 32GB Onn I bought for cheap at a Wal-Mart. I didn't do anything special to use the games; I just put them in the usual folder (ux0:data/pfba/roms/).

Good to hear so it seems like it DOES work with USB after all.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait! Are you porting this into the 3ds?
Yes, the emulator is working in citra already (without sound), but the ui was not designed for such a low resolution. Don't wait for a release anytime soon as I do not own the device anymore it's not my priority (current priority is Zelda on switch :) ).

Last edited by cpasjuste,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, the emulator is working in citra already (without sound), but the ui was not designed for such a low resolution. Don't wait for a release anytime soon as I do not own the device anymore it's not my priority (current priority is Zelda on switch :) ).
Nice! Is good to have more options of emulation than retroarch or the DS mode's ones on 3DS. You probably want to co-work with @bubble2k16 on this port for 3DS, he is doing a great job with NES/SNES emulation on 3DS, specially on o3DS.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm PFBA works fine from USB drive (after "mount USB ux0:"), at least when using the default rom path ux0:/data/pfba/roms.

At first I couldn't get it to work, but then I deleted and re-transferred my roms using ftp and now it works.

I think the problem why it didn't work at first was that I tried to save time and I used windows explorer to directly copy the roms to the USB stick. Somehow all the rom filenames became UPPERCASE that way and they were not detected by pfba.

After deleting all roms from the stick and re-transferring them onto the stick with vitashell via ftp, it now works.

Last edited by rsn8887,

Will88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, I'm having problems loading Sega master system and SG 1000 games on portable final burn alpha, they show up on the list as green but don't load saying the file is missing even though it's in the zip file. What am I missing? I've put the files in the pfba/roms folder on the vita and they're from the latest romset as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017