• Likes 61

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Curious question! Why did you change name to RedNAND than emuNAND? I know it's the same thing but just curious.

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the use of otp0x108? It doesn't seem to be used by anything atm.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issues/1

0x108 includes the TWL ID, which isn't currently used for anything but may be in the future

@d0k3, how does ExpandOtp work? I've digging through the src at moment. Can any version exploited 9.x firm get it? What about those on 10.x Al9h installed, will it be valid or do they need to restore back to 9.x?

Oh I see, it checks you have otp.bin and amends it into new file.

Last edited by Glix,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issues/1

@d0k3, how does ExpandOtp work? I've digging through the src at moment. Can any version exploited 9.x firm get it? What about those on 10.x Al9h installed, will it be valid or do they need to restore back to 9.x?

Oh I see, it checks you have otp.bin and amends it into new file.
The expanded OTP should be valid as long as you have ARM9 access (which is always if you are able to run OTPHelper.

Reactions: Conn0r

Jmcito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a small v0.82 update, fulfilling some users wishes, this is new:
  • Minimum size RedNANDs (as created by EmuNAND9) are now handled by this
  • You can't shutdown / reboot while the SD is out anymore
  • Regular shutdown requires [START + RIGHT]
Just thought I'd say hi. This is actually my first post here on GBATemp but my brother and I were able to get the OTP files for 2 N3DS, 1 O3DSXL and 2 O3DS (one of which I somehow managed to do with a top screen that does not work) with this program and the OTP guide. Awesome job with this program and the others you've made so far. It was cool to see the progression of the program and how it became better with more feedback. I didn't have any issues with it but I like that you added the Decrypt9 functions to it as well. I'm currently trying to learn more about the coding itself but there is a lot of information regarding that and I am not too sure where exactly to start. I'm also trying to see how to find checksums as well for save files, such as the Mii Plaza save, although I know there is now an editor for that. But just wanted to say thank you for that program. It was and still is useful for me.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just thought I'd say hi. This is actually my first post here on GBATemp but my brother and I were able to get the OTP files for 2 N3DS, 1 O3DSXL and 2 O3DS (one of which I somehow managed to do with a top screen that does not work) with this program and the OTP guide. Awesome job with this program and the others you've made so far. It was cool to see the progression of the program and how it became better with more feedback. I didn't have any issues with it but I like that you added the Decrypt9 functions to it as well. I'm currently trying to learn more about the coding itself but there is a lot of information regarding that and I am not too sure where exactly to start. I'm also trying to see how to find checksums as well for save files, such as the Mii Plaza save, although I know there is now an editor for that. But just wanted to say thank you for that program. It was and still is useful for me.
If you want to get a start, check for the easier projects (like HelloEntryPoint in my GitHub repo), then work from there.

Everyone, there's again, a small update, OTPHelper v0.83. This is new:
  • Fixed minimum size RedNAND restore & backup (restore to it would cause problems on the SD in some cases earlier)
  • Display current version on top of menu instead of build date
No April fools, promised, but if you're already traumatized following my other cruel joke, you can also wait until tomorrow with downloading this (there is no prank in here, though). Also, today might be a bad day to update your tools and get the OTP, cause basically everyone and their momma is out to prank you now :P.

pscytheology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm using the latest OTPHelper, and so far followed most of the guide from Plailect, except one minor part. For the sysNAND backup, I made the backup using EMUNAND9 instead of OTPHelper (since the backup size matches, I thought it would be fine).

The redNAND setup seems to be producing a minimum size redNAND by default, so the redNAND backup is smaller. I thought it is normal.

I managed to boot into 2.1 and dumped otp.bin, but whenever I'm trying to restore my original sysNAND now, it says:

Small EmuNAND, using minimum size...
No usable file found
SysNAND Restore: failed!​

My NAND is Toshiba, so it is 1.8GB NAND backup. Is there anything wrong here?

EDIT: looking at the changelog, it seems that the small redNAND support is the one causing the issue; now I'm using 0.81 to restore.

Last edited by pscytheology,

Schwimmer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on step 4, section IV of the guide, on O3DS XL. Everything went down successfully up until now, all of my backups match the sizes stated in the wiki (my original backup size matches Samsung's, the updates I downloaded from the guide match Toshiba's).

After dumping my OTP I'm now trying to restore my sysnand_original.bin (988,807,168 bytes). Getting this error (from the log):

"Small EmuNAND, using minimum size... Use arrow keys and <A> to choose a file sysNAND_original.bin Opening sysNAND_original.bin ... NAND backup has the wrong size! SysNAND Restore: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot."

Please tell me what's the best course of action from this point. I tried, as the guide said, to redownload and replace the OTPHelper files (v0.83), and verify the integrity of my SD card.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I'm using the latest OTPHelper, and so far followed most of the guide from Plailect, except one minor part. For the sysNAND backup, I made the backup using EMUNAND9 instead of OTPHelper (since the backup size matches, I thought it would be fine).

The redNAND setup seems to be producing a minimum size redNAND by default, so the redNAND backup is smaller. I thought it is normal.

I managed to boot into 2.1 and dumped otp.bin, but whenever I'm trying to restore my original sysNAND now, it says:

Small EmuNAND, using minimum size...
No usable file found
SysNAND Restore: failed!​

My NAND is Toshiba, so it is 1.8GB NAND backup. Is there anything wrong here?

EDIT: looking at the changelog, it seems that the small redNAND support is the one causing the issue; now I'm using 0.81 to restore.
I'm on step 4, section IV of the guide, on O3DS XL. Everything went down successfully up until now, all of my backups match the sizes stated in the wiki (my original backup size matches Samsung's, the updates I downloaded from the guide match Toshiba's).

After dumping my OTP I'm now trying to restore my sysnand_original.bin (988,807,168 bytes). Getting this error (from the log):

"Small EmuNAND, using minimum size... Use arrow keys and <A> to choose a file sysNAND_original.bin Opening sysNAND_original.bin ... NAND backup has the wrong size! SysNAND Restore: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot."

Please tell me what's the best course of action from this point. I tried, as the guide said, to redownload and replace the OTPHelper files (v0.83), and verify the integrity of my SD card.

The last release introduced some (non-critical!) trouble with RedNANDs. Get OTPHelper v0.84 from here.

Reactions: pscytheology

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk