Homebrew [Release] OpenSyobon3DS - Open Syobon Action (a.k.a CAT Mario) for 3DS

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, I completed the stage by the bridge, but now I completed it by the green fruit and the next world got unlocked! Thank you. If I get another bug I will report it :)

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do you think I have to change something or it's ok this way?
No, it's ok. The game has a lot of that kind of surprises. Maybe you should add in the end of the credits something like "the end?".

In the other hand, the start button is a little uncomfortable to return to the main menu. Sometimes, I pressed START thinking about pausing the game, and instead I return to the main menu, losing the checkpoint (if it was reached)

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, it's ok. The game has a lot of that kind of surprises. Maybe you should add in the end of the credits something like "the end?".

In the other hand, the start button is a little uncomfortable to return to the main menu. Sometimes, I pressed START thinking about pausing the game, and instead I return to the main menu, losing the checkpoint (if it was reached)

Ok, I think I'll add a pause screen activated by the START button and two options: 1) back to game menu 2) continue geme

I won't change the game as there are no game bug confirmed at the moment, but I'll add a message "The End." to the credits screen. I Already fixed the music not stoping after the credits screen.

Last thing, I could activate the touch screen to select levels, handle the pause dialog box and to close the game. But the weekend is over and I have to back to work, so you'll have to wait one or two weeks for the next release. The game is working fine so I have no hurry.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok, I think I'll add a pause screen activated by the START button and two options: 1) back to game menu 2) continue geme

I won't change the game as there are no game bug confirmed at the moment, but I'll add a message "The End." to the credits screen. I Already fixed the music not stoping after the credits screen.

Last thing, I could activate the touch screen to select levels, handle the pause dialog box and to close the game. But the weekend is over and I have to back to work, so you'll have to wait one or two weeks for the next release. The game is working fine so I have no hurry.
Yeah, dont worry! Have a nice week and thanks for your awesome work :D

Last edited by Intronaut,

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I released a new version, probably the last one if no one reports other bugs.

In this version I introduced touch controls to select the level in the menu screen and to retry/quit level in the game.

I also added the missing sprites for the ceiling spikes and fixed the font rendering.

At the moment I finished the first 7 levels and I'm in the middle of level 8, so I can confirm that the first 7 levels can be completed and I don't expect problems with the other two.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
(Sorry if i'm necroposting.)

On stage 1-1, I remember it was more easier to jump over the flag pole on an online version. Could you perhaps move the flagpole on square to the left or just somehow try to make it just a bit easier? I've beat this online and it was much easier than this. That's my only request. :)

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

On stage 1-1, I remember it was more easier to jump over the flag pole on an online version. Could you perhaps move the flagpole on square to the left or just somehow try to make it just a bit easier? I've beat this online and it was much easier than this. That's my only request. :)
I reckon that online version was made o be easier, this version is directly based off of the original Windows executable of the game.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Sprry, I spent a lot of time fixing things to make the game work as the original. It's designed to be hard, but it's possible to beat it. I didi it, so don't give up.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Sprry, I spent a lot of time fixing things to make the game work as the original. It's designed to be hard, but it's possible to beat it. I didi it, so don't give up.
Funny because right after I posted that, I beat it.
I reckon that online version was made o be easier, this version is directly based off of the original Windows executable of the game.
Huh, never knew.

Also would it be possible to create a level editor? It would be pretty dank to be able to create levels and be able to actually share them without streetpass or local (Super Mario Maker For 3DS. >:()

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Funny because right after I posted that, I beat it.

Huh, never knew.

Also would it be possible to create a level editor? It would be pretty dank to be able to create levels and be able to actually share them without streetpass or local (Super Mario Maker For 3DS. >:()
No i's not possible to make an editor, the levels are coded directly in c (it was a pain to reverse enginering some part of code to fix some things).

There isn't any kind of general purpose game engine below this game.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
No i's not possible to make an editor, the levels are coded directly in c (it was a pain to reverse enginering some part of code to fix some things).

There isn't any kind of general purpose game engine below this game.
Darn. I guess the best you could do is make an clone of the game and make a level editor for that.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Stumbled across this on FBI
Thought, "why not?"
Best Homebrew anything I've played in my life.
Awesome job.

It was only a port (the first I made for the 3ds if i remember well), but thank you.

if you like impossible platform games, try the Sqrxz series from Retroguru that I ported on 3ds.

Reactions: AdenTheThird

Machow8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users