• Poll closed .

Mr Mario Mario

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well actually if you get the source for an older version and put in the correct edits for it to load roms from romfs, yeah it's pretty possible since the CIA builder takes the blargSNES.elf file from the tools folder.
I never said it wasn't possible just meant that with this tool you cant u gotta do it urelf

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wouldn't be enough since the version of blargSNES we're using has been changed to load the rom from the CIA's romfs
@Ryuzaki_MrL managed to patch the US rom to be able to load with the current version though so he might have the answer to getting TLoZ:LTTP

Domukuro Wolfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, here again. I come with a problem and maybe an odd question. I am fast becoming my OLD several titles for 3DS and spent the CIAs to a friend. My friend has the New 3DS and tells me that do not work. So ... CIAS created are not compatible with the N3DS? I know it's silly because the New has its own official virtual console and there is another tool to make Custom VC but my question is that if these created must be compatible.

I have not mentioned that I totally love this tool? :wub:

Last edited by Domukuro Wolfield,

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, here again. I come with a problem and maybe an odd question. I am fast becoming my OLD several titles for 3DS and spent the CIAs to a friend. My friend has the New 3DS and tells me that do not work. So ... CIAS created are not compatible with the N3DS? I know it's silly because the New has its own official virtual console and there is another tool to make Custom VC but my question is that if these created must be compatible.

I have not mentioned that I totally love this tool? :wub:

It's supposed to work on a N3DS. What was the issue exactly?

euamotubaina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just to confirm

I edit the blargSnes.ini to

HardwareRenderer=1
ScaleMode=1
DirPath=/
Mode7=0
Borders=1

Then I'll have a bordered full scaled cia, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nope. It won't.
what am I doing wrong?

Domukuro Wolfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can confirm they work on the N3DS but I also downloaded some from that iso site that did not work and crashed the console and what I had to do was change the unique id of the CIAs.

How to change the Unique ID and what are exactly the working IDs?

It's supposed to work on a N3DS. What was the issue exactly?

When launchs the game appear the tipic black screen error

Last edited by Domukuro Wolfield,

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How to change the Unique ID and what are exactly the working IDs?
Use the ctrtool program from the tools folder to unpack the cias and then use the makerom program to rebuild the cias with a different unique ID or if you built the cias yourself you should already have all the files ready to just make them again using new IDs with just the make program.
I am not sure but for mine I used IDs like: 9AXX where XX goes from 01 to 0F right now, and the next ones will be between 10 and 1F.

EDIT: Note that after I fixed the downloaded ones I actually ended up remaking them from 0 (although they did work) just to use my old SNES personal dumps

Also @Ryuzaki_MrL are there linux alternatives to these programs as I would like to attempt to make a script for myself and other linux users out there?

Last edited by Ranomez,

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Ryuzaki_MrL
After created the icon in make.bat it says an error about banner.bin that was not found. What does it mean?
Anyway I found this file then when I put in the same folder with make.bat it does not give me error but when the process is completed it deletes the file. can you explain me about this?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Ryuzaki_MrL
After created the icon in make.bat it says an error about banner.bin that was not found. What does it mean?
Anyway I found this file then when I put in the same folder with make.bat it does not give me error but when the process is completed it deletes the file. can you explain me about this?

banner.bin is the final banner file, built from the banner folder.
On the latest blargVC version, banner.bat generates this file after you're finished with Ohana3DS, and saves it on output\<game's title>\banner.bin.
If not found during the CIA making proccess, a "blank" banner.bin will be generated by make.bat.
This file used to be deleted once the CIA was created, but now it remains intact on the game's output folder.

Looks like you're using an older version of blargVC.

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
  • wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol:
    hey anyone here?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wii experts at your service we can Abracadaba anything made by Nintendo for your piracy needs
    +1
    Now your playing with power!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guys five unmarked black vans with red letters just pulled up at my house :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ancientboi called FBI on you. You better flush your stash.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, been lazy. Been inside playing games for last few days, too hot outside, was 97 degrees F today. It was so hot outside, I seen a dog chasing a cat, and they both were walking.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fallout4, pubg, Starfield, Forza, Still wakes the Deep, just to name a few
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's just ancientboi left me his laptop
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Who are/ were they?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some Nintendo execs wanted to give him a promotion
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    party van
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: party van