Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could you test the clock plugin on Pokemon on 10.6 emuNAND? I would enable it to 804 MHz, L2 cache enabled but it doesn't seem to affect the fps in 3d (at least in my eyes). I'm running Gateway 3.7.1 using Shadowtrance NTR 3.3.
For me it makes a huge difference, only some battles lag or stuff where people use like raindance and other weather effects but avarage battles work flawless near to 50/60 fps, that's what i mainly use this plugin for because all other games run pretty fine, i have a new 3ds XL, using AuReiNAND and NTR 3.3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think maybe the new nativefirm 10.2 or 10.4 whatever has something to do with it. Hopefully they can fix it. It is interesting though that 3.3 shadowtrance has the clock plugin built-in which was made to make 10.2 work but the plugin doesn't work. 3.2 doesn't have it built-in.
i use the firmware i provided in my link (that one works perfect for 10.6t and NTR) for the new 3ds, the clock tweak only works on NEW 3ds'es

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it makes a huge difference, only some battles lag or stuff where people use like raindance and other weather effects but avarage battles work flawless near to 50/60 fps, that's what i mainly use this plugin for because all other games run pretty fine, i have a new 3ds XL, using AuReiNAND and NTR 3.3

i use the firmware i provided in my link (that one works perfect for 10.6t and NTR) for the new 3ds, the clock tweak only works on NEW 3ds'es
Ok, I moved to a different route and it seems to be working. It dips in and out of 60fps a lot. I guess those Pancham take a lot of CPU where Poliwhirl doesn't?
Oh well, it works "fine-ish" for now. Thank you.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq

i use a n3dsXL and the thing is i am using the NTR within my GW emuNAND 10.6 (i have reiNAND cfw as well, maybe i should try NTR within reiNAND and see if it works there) but mate, does it do anything if you press A on the CPU clock speed options? like disabling enabling do they change or are they static for you too?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is that from the 3.2 3D?
It has has nothing to do with the version of NTR you're using, it's the firmware.bin your CFW uses.

I downloaded and installed that exact CIA and it doesn't work...
It isn't distributed as a .cia, it's the firmware.bin your CFW uses.
-snip- just made that one, it includes NTR (Auto and manual exit) including a folder with the firmware.bin that you'd have to place in the Rei folder, the sub folders are based on if you have a old or new 3ds.

Plugin goes to root of sd
just as the NTR file,
the cia's should be clear where they go,
the firmware of your choice (based on ds) should go in to the Rei or RxTools rolder
You can't post that link here, it contains Nintendo proprietary code (firmware.bin). Unless I'm misunderstanding your post? It's a little unclear to me.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It has has nothing to do with the version of NTR you're using, it's the firmware.bin your CFW uses.

It isn't distributed as a .cia, it's the firmware.bin your CFW uses.

You can't post that link here, it contains Nintendo proprietary code (firmware.bin). Unless I'm misunderstanding your post? It's a little unclear to me.
Should i take it down?

i use a n3dsXL and the thing is i am using the NTR within my GW emuNAND 10.6 (i have reiNAND cfw as well, maybe i should try NTR within reiNAND and see if it works there) but mate, does it do anything if you press A on the CPU clock speed options? like disabling enabling do they change or are they static for you too?
When you press on 804mhz in the ntr menu it should return to the main menu of ntr that's the only feedback you'll get, in the emunand it self everything will stay the same but when you launch a game title it will just run as if the game is made for the NEW 3ds, so on 804 mhz quad core instead of the stock old 3ds frequenties

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes. Ntr 3.3 use a correct firmware file for your cfw and it will run fine, firm 10.2 to be exact

Just to quote: on N3DS at least, did not test on my O3DS yet, just use NTR 3.2, 3.3 launcher works with it. 3.3 has at least on N3DS a bug where the software launch will hang and never go on for 2nd time. That is, you launch NTR, launch a game, all good, exit and go to launch other one, you are shutting down your console and rebooting it every time you wanna play something else. Just get 3.2 and get the separate clocking plugin for now until the bugs are addressed, good work but a bug little too fatal for normal usage.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just to quote: on N3DS at least, did not test on my O3DS yet, just use NTR 3.2, 3.3 launcher works with it. 3.3 has at least on N3DS a bug where the software launch will hang and never go on for 2nd time. That is, you launch NTR, launch a game, all good, exit and go to launch other one, you are shutting down your console and rebooting it every time you wanna play something else. Just get 3.2 and get the separate clocking plugin for now until the bugs are addressed, good work but a bug little too fatal for normal usage.
i Don't have that on my New 3ds XL or regular new 3ds. both can launch as many things as possible without reboots or any

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i Don't have that on my New 3ds XL or regular new 3ds. both can launch as many things as possible without reboots or any
Yeah I am not sure what causes it, there is other people reporting same, it may be just EUR console problem, firmware, or whatever else not sure. I have not been only one with the same problem though,

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I am not sure what causes it, there is other people reporting same, it may be just EUR console problem, firmware, or whatever else not sure. I have not been only one with the same problem though,
Both my consoles are EU consoles, so i doubt that. scroll a little back or a couple pages back i posted a rar with all the files that will work perfect on your device i'll probally take the link down soon so grab as long it's still ther.
instructions are also included ther

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Both my consoles are EU consoles, so i doubt that. scroll a little back or a couple pages back i posted a rar with all the files that will work perfect on your device i'll probally take the link down soon so grab as long it's still ther.
instructions are also included ther
The reason is because you are using 3.2 and not 3.3. I hashed it against my 3.2 BIN myself. That is why you do not have the 3.3 bug.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
b0BLWgw.jpg

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't find NTR 3.3 any where... may i ask for link or is that vs the rules?

mille

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to get this to work on cakes? im on a n3ds emunand 10.6 and i keep getting the "uknown firmware" all the time, I've tried both 3.3 and 3.2

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes, you are using BootNTR 3.3 but 3.2bin, the actual NTR you use is 3.2, just press your Y and X buttons at same time after booting and check it out now, funk soul brother. Just FYI: BootNTR!= NTR the CFW, bootNTR by name, is NTR booter. You are not using NTR 3.3 you are using 3.2 I already checked this hard. Just go and download 3.2 from OP and compare the BIN there to yours, I will wait.

Is there anyway to get this to work on cakes? im on a n3ds emunand 10.6 and i keep getting the "uknown firmware" all the time, I've tried both 3.3 and 3.2
You need to make sure you are using 10.2 FIRM, if you are using 10.4 FIRM NTR will not work. 10.2 FIRM works fine with 10.6

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you are using BootNTR 3.3 but 3.2bin, the actual NTR you use is 3.2, just press your Y and X buttons at same time after booting and check it out now, funk soul brother. Just FYI: BootNTR!= NTR the CFW, bootNTR by name, is NTR booter. You are not using NTR 3.3 you are using 3.2 I already checked this hard. Just go and download 3.2 from OP and compare the BIN there to yours, I will wait.

You need to make sure you are using 10.2 FIRM, if you are using 10.4 FIRM NTR will not work. 10.2 FIRM works fine with 10.6
might be that it's 3.2 but even with X and Y press it shows NTR CFW 3.3

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
might be that it's 3.2 but even with X and Y press it shows NTR CFW 3.3
I dunno, it shouldn't as your NTR.BIN is IDENTICAL to 3.2 down to SHA-1 as well as you packing cpuclock.plg separatedly in your files when NTR 3.3 build included it in the BIN itself, in which case you'd have the CPUclock option twice on your main menu if you were on 3.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong