Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just said about same problem; I just reverted to use 3.2 bin and it seems to work even with 3.3 bootNTR. There is no MAJOR features added in 3.3 that 3.2 does not have, language free plugin and CPU clock plugin for N3DS even if it is separate, that is my fix for it until Shadow or cell9 address the bug.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works. :)
Very simple, I'm trying to use this but not sure how plugins work at all. I just made the plugin folder and dropped the file in there is that it or is there more to it?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-randomize-a-pokemon-x-y-or-as-ntr-cfw-plugin.397096/

Create a plugins folder on the root of the SD card, then create a folder named as the title id of the game, then drop the cheat.plg in there. When the game loads up, if you see a green flash then it loaded the plugin successfully. I don't use the cheat plugin system because there are some issues with it. I prefer to do it a little more manually with the debugger.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create a plugins folder on the root of the SD card, then create a folder named as the title id of the game, then drop the cheat.plg in there. When the game loads up, if you see a green flash then it loaded the plugin successfully. I don't use the cheat plugin system because there are some issues with it. I prefer to do it a little more manually with the debugger.

Thats what I did, the screen will flash green? If so nothing happen it flashed and the Pokemon stayed the same. I deleted my neo x cia, backed up the save put stock x on it and still nothing. I'm curious though if maybe the rom hack neo x is the reason why maybe its a different ID? Not sure but nothing happen.

Last edited by Cha0tic,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've been using Shadowtrance's NTR CFW 3.3 build. For some odd reason, when I soft-reset or try to switch to another game, the 3DS freezes with a black screen or infinite 3DS logo loop.
First read previous two pages, then post.
I just said about same problem; I just reverted to use 3.2 bin and it seems to work even with 3.3 bootNTR. There is no MAJOR features added in 3.3 that 3.2 does not have, language free plugin and CPU clock plugin for N3DS even if it is separate, that is my fix for it until Shadow or cell9 address the bug.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... i can't address the bug as i only have the source to the BootNTR cia like everyone else who can use github and the issue seems to be with ntr.bin which is closed source so no way for anyone other than Cell9 and whoever else has access to its source to fix it.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah... i can't address the bug as i only have the source to the BootNTR cia like everyone else who can use github and the issue seems to be with ntr.bin which is closed source so no way for anyone other than Cell9 and whoever else has access to its source to fix it.
Yeah my confusion is with your own RELEASE on your github that includes 3.3 NTR.bin while Cell9's own github RELEASE does not have anything but 3.2 still.

My confusion was entirely for the inclusion of the bin in your RELEASE, though the bootNTR app itself is better, I still use that myself.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone provide some assistance? I just tried to install ntr but received the error current firmware not supported. I'm currently on 10.5 emunand.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah my confusion is with your own RELEASE on your github that includes 3.3 NTR.bin while Cell9's own github RELEASE does not have anything but 3.2 still.

My confusion was entirely for the inclusion of the bin in your RELEASE, though the bootNTR app itself is better, I still use that myself.

What do you mean? BootNTR is the application that loads the ntr.bin file. The source is available for the boot portion, and that's what needs to get changed everytime there's an update, and there's not any features that can be added to the actual firmware because those are locked down in the ntr.bin file which only cell9 has access to and is not willing to share the source for.

Can anyone provide some assistance? I just tried to install ntr but received the error current firmware not supported. I'm currently on 10.5 emunand.

What CFW are you running and have you tried opening it as soon as emunand boots up?

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? BootNTR is the application that loads the ntr.bin file. The source is available for the boot portion, and that's what needs to get changed everytime there's an update, and there's not any features that can be added to the actual firmware because those are locked down in the ntr.bin file which only cell9 has access to and is not willing to share the source for.

What CFW are you running and have you tried opening it as soon as emunand boots up?
I am using rxtools 3.0, and I have tried that. Would it have something to do with having a downgraded mset?

Edit: I was able to fix it by downgrading to 10.3. I will later upgrade again and make sure it still works

Last edited by rondoh70,
D

Deleted User

Edit:
Hehehe...
Funny story...
I actually had the title id off by one zero at the end.

Last edited by ,

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pedroemas

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A lot of the cheat plugins use key combos rather than a menu interface. If you're using one of those, you won't see anything additional in the IGM.

A good tell-tale sign is when your game is starting, the screen will flash green. That's your clue that the plugin has started.

For instance. The Fire Emblem: Awakening plugin I found uses the combo keys and not a menu, so I have to use these to activate cheats:

Fire Emblem

SELECT + Up money not less than 99999 777777 Reputation
SELECT + Down HP maximum limit is reached career holding the current value of the current 79 HP
SELECT + Left Unlimited Action
SELECT + Right EXP 99 will be able to gain experience to upgrade
START + Down durable goods value held not less than 77
START + Up transport a team full of props 77x99
Invulnerability value START + Left battle +8
START + Right Open full role effects mode full role in the special effects mode
X + Up Level 99
X + Down vocational upper reaches full capacity
X + Left full of weapons grade A
X + Right full skill acquisition
SELECT + START effects mode is turned hostile enemy effects mode
Y + Right enemy HP to 1

(Yeah, some of those are bad English, but that's because it's Google Translated. :P)

Can I ask where did you find this plugin? :)

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@Shadowtrance - NTR CTR stopped working on update that came out today 10.6.0-31. Someone know let me know when you're going out a new update for this new FW.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1