Homebrew [RELEASE] NASA - Universal Cia Manager for fw 4.1 - 10.7

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've got a N3DS XL ver 10.3.0-28E and all im getting is black screen when trying to launch NASA.
Using Menuhax, but tried with browserhax too. Ironhax is not possible for me due to the fact that im unable to download Ironfall from any eShop

I've tried these things:
  • just launching it
  • launching after went in to ftBRONY
  • using gridlauncher
  • having it on all night with black screen
  • turning wifi on and off
  • launching NASA without any CIAs on the SD
And I've updated to 1.1, but still doesn't work
Batteries full and charger on
2,6gb free out of 4gb

Have you seen page 17 .... :glare:

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dunno if its asked already, while NASA is still installing a legit cia, can you put it to sleep mode like sleep mode downloading in eshop or will that just kill the process

SMRTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
NASA V.1.1

NASA is a CIA Manager, based on an heavy modified version of latest source of Big Red Menu, which is compatible with ANY firmware >= 4.1.
It uses libSu to get access to required services for LEGIT CIAs installation on fw >= 9.3.

It also have network installation feature which doesn't need double free space cause it will perform a full network installation.

CONTROLS:

Imported Contents:
Digital Pad = Navigate through titles
A = Uninstall a title
Select = Go to Filebrowser

Filebrowser:
Digital Pad = Navigate through folders
A = Install a CIA / Open a Directory
Y = Install a CIA and delete the CIA file after installation
L = Enable / Disable Security Mode
R = Swap between SDMC/NAND installation
Select = Go to Imported Contents

HOW TO USE NETWORK INSTALLATION

To use network installation feature, you need to start NASA and check the IP showed on top screen.
Then you can open a terminal (Linux/Mac) / command-line prompt (Windows) and launch houston with the IP showed on 3DS and the CIA filename as arguments. Example:
Code:
houston 192.168.1.60 file.cia

FAQ

Q) Free Space reported by NASA is wrong and i can't install a CIA file, what can i do?
A) Disable Security Mode.

Q) Can i install any CIA file on fw >= 9.3?
A) No, you can install only LEGIT cias, here you can find a list of available ones with MD5, SHA1 and CRC hases ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-above-9-3.407854/page-52#post-5921202 ).

Q) What's the best way to boot it on fw >= 9.3?
A) I suggest you to use MenuHax as entrypoint with WiFi ENABLED when you launch NASA (NOTE: If you start NASA with Wifi DISABLED on fw >= 9.3, you'll not be able to use Network Installer).

Q) When i use Houston, it asks for a cygwin1.dll file. Where i can find it?
A) https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-3ds/blob/master/JPGV/cygwin1.dll

CREDITS

@Baoulettes and @ihaveamac for testing it during creation
Anyone involved in libSu creation ( https://github.com/delebile/SuperUserLib3DS )
@Myria for libkhax used to perform memchunkhax1.

DOWNLOAD

http://rinnegatamante.it
I have installed nasa on the gridlauncher (also had on the homebrew launcher) and in both launchers it opens normally, I select the .CIA file that I want to install, it says install selected CIA I press yes, it says then importing and loads for example 500 MBs then it stops and that's it, also when I press start to go to the launcher it crashes and I can't find my installed .CIAs anywhere. I have New 3DS with the last firmware. Please help.

Zimpery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to use the network installer but the 3DS freezes after the message "Magic received, starting transfer" appears and nothing more happens in houston.

It worked once and "successfully sent" but the game was not on the home screen nor in data management and the available space was unchanged. I'm trying on a 10.3 o3ds with a legit cia.

Edit: Kept trying was able to start the transfer again but still nothing. Using a region free iso.

Edit 2: Must have had a bad iso because I downloaded a new one and it worked great.

Last edited by Zimpery,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I have installed nasa on the gridlauncher (also had on the homebrew launcher) and in both launchers it opens normally, I select the .CIA file that I want to install, it says install selected CIA I press yes, it says then importing and loads for example 500 MBs then it stops and that's it, also when I press start to go to the launcher it crashes and I can't find my installed .CIAs anywhere. I have New 3DS with the last firmware. Please help.

NASA doesn't work on fw 10.4

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Heya
for those who want I made a tiny UI for Houston.
That minimalist but it work as I wanted so maybe it will be good for you too :)
Also in case something goes wrong just update houston.exe that is in ressources folder :P

Readme :
Hello.

.::Info::.

This software is a UI that goes with Houston to make things easier to all.
It save IP and selected folder in separate file (options.ini in Ressources folder.)
I wanted something easy and flexible and made it at first for me but maybe someone will be interested so here you go :)

.::Install::.

Extract this rar somewhere you want!

.::Update::.

Just download/compile lastest Houston from Rinnegatamante.
And place it in "Ressources" folder next to HoustonUi.exe.

.::Usage::.

Click Browse button and select a folder that contain CIA files.
Change the IP to the one NASA show you on your 3DS console.
Click "Send an S.O.S" to make ask gently Houston to install
E.V.E.R.Y CIA files it found in the folder you pointed.

.::Suggestion::.

To make it fine only put CIA you have not installed in separated folder
And choice that folder with only CIA to install and not your entire collection...
Never Interrupt Houston & HoustonUI when it work !
No no it will not brick but it isn't fun to lose time isn't it?
Cause you will have to start back from ZERO :D

.::FAQ::.
Q: In ip input it show ERROR
A: Put your 3ds Console IP

Q: Doesn't work !!!!
A: Such explanation, so hardcore, wow.

Q: My CIA didn't installed ?
A: Make sure it wasn't installed already and/or a legit CIA if 3ds 9.2+

Q: Ui won't start it's work when I click "Send an S.O.S" ?
A: Could be due the fact Houston was already launched. or you CIA files were moved during process.

Q: What and where can I find a legit CIA ?
A: A legit CIA is a CIA that come pre-installed on 3DS console, System Titles and certains games. To find it there is a thing called Google just try "CIA Legit" or "3DS Legit CIA DL" ?

Q: Houston say "Connection Estabilished" and stuck there?
A: Patience sometime that instant but some other it take like 30 secondes to continue :)

Q: Houston is stuck on Magic received, starting transfer...
A: Ahah Have a bit of patience it depend on computer but for me (crappy computer) it required 30 seconde ~

Q: Can this brick my 3ds ?
A: Does installing game from Eshop brick 3ds?

Q: HELP I HAVE UN-installed system title!!!
A: Why were you NAND part with NASA ? I suggest you to go in "that iso" site and download "update pack" from your version and recover the title you deleted.

Q: I'm on 10.4 can...
A: No not at for today (January 2016.)

Q: What is that HoustonUi_src.ahk ?
A: As name suggest this the source of HoustonUI for those who are curious.

Q: OSX or Linux version?
A: Sorry as I didn't own it I can't really make it and Autohotkey doesn't seem to support it :/

You any question about this ui feel free to inbox me (Baoulettes) over GBA temp :)

pictures :
Preview_3.png
Pictures old:
Preview_1.png
Preview_2.png

EDIT Reuploading .rar I attached wrong rar ...
EDIT2 Sorry for delay had tiny problem in wifi ahah

Attachments

• HoustonUI.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 278
Last edited by Baoulettes, , Reason: updated that .rar and new picture

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still have no successful install on my o3DS on 9.2 with NASA 1.1 even after I properly formated my SD card. And I still have no launch success of NASA 1.1 on my n3DS on 10.3
I guess I'm just unlucky with the hack on my n3DS but I run out of idea to solve my issue for my o3DS...

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? Don't i need to get into NASA to get into Houston?

Correct me if I am wrong on this but .....

NASA is upgraded to v1.1 which includes the new Houston functionality of wireless transfer.

I am still using NASA v1.0 and manual PC to SD card transfers of legit .cia files.

This feature should still be the same as in NASA v1.1 although I haven't used it.

Page 17 describes the nearly 100% booting setup for NASA v1.0.

Reactions: Laseredvin

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
too bad, do you or anyone know what have i got to do to make fbi working? it loads until cleaning up.. and then does nothing
Once it has cleaned up you just have to press A. Anyway, I would recommend using this rather than the buggy version of FBI, it has a better chance of opening.

SMRTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the problem is that it never finishes cleaning up and there aren't any other 3ds games that i want right now, but do you know where i can find legit europe cias?

julian2908

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don´t work. i got blackscreen with wifi on/of or other tricks... one time, i can started NASA and install Animal Crossing New Leaf. After that i would install other games and don´t work again...

50 trys, 1 work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you