Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JK_
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,959,125
  • Replies Replies 3,697
  • Likes Likes 245
Ok so I dumped a few saves very important to me off my Old US 3DS. So I copied the JKSV folder to my new JP unit's SD card. But when I tried to import the saves, it won't find anything to import. Is that normal, or am I maybe doing something wrong?
 
I am having some trouble trying to restore my Animal Crossing New Leaf data. I am using homebrew through my Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time cartridge, with my old 3DS version 11.2. I have been using JKSM all this time and everything worked just fine. Suddenly, while editing my garden plus file and replacing it with my edited one, JKSM says it restored my data successfully, but when I load my game, instead of showing my edited file, it started a new game for me. I've tried deleting all the JKSM files and downloading it all back, and even deleting my homebrew and adding that back as well, but the problem still continues. I keep plenty of save back ups but none of them are restoring anymore. Can someone please help me understand what's going on?
 
Ok so I dumped a few saves very important to me off my Old US 3DS. So I copied the JKSV folder to my new JP unit's SD card. But when I tried to import the saves, it won't find anything to import. Is that normal, or am I maybe doing something wrong?
Try an (dummy) export of the game on your JP device, and have a look at the directories.
The directory names might be slightly different - I saw that on JP-ACNL compared to other ACNLs. In one version there was a ":" in the name, that is replaced by a blank.

Though you can "successfully" import a save of a US-game into a JP-game with JKSM, it might not work.
But I only have experiences with different ACNLs. For example: a save of a EU-ACNL resulted for me in a corrupted game, when imported into a JP-ACNL.
Both can be edited by the same editor though.
 
afaik, u can't do that. the content is encrypted on the sd card.

Actually the A: drive in Godmode9 makes the SD card encryption transparent (copy from it to decrypt, copy to it to encrypt). Of course, to backup your entire SD card's contents decrypted, you would need half of the space to be free. I've not messed with the 3DS emulator, but if it uses a folder on your hard drive to simulate the SD card, you could use that maybe. Or if GM9 added network connectivity and FTP functionality, you could transfer all installed content in decrypted form to your PC easily. That shouldn't be necessary though. Considering the fact that everything used for the encryption can now be dumped and transferred to a PC, it should be possible to write a PC app that can decrypt and re-encrypt SD card content. Though you would still need to run a mass ticket installer to get it all to show up (and then use tiksweep or FBI to remove unused tickets).

EDIT: I've been thinking, GM9's new scripting features might provide a solution if all you wanted were the saves. If it can do the equivalent of something like "xcopy /s *.sav" then writing a script that can backup all saves decrypted would be a cakewalk.

That's was i thought... I guess I'll have to backup them one by one u.u

Well, you could do a CTRNAND transfer if you truly want to transfer everything over. In Godmode9 you just go to the S: drive and copy ctrnand_full.bin to your SD card (either manually copying and pasting or using the context menu to copy it to gm9/out will work). When you select the backup copy on your second device, you will have an option to transfer. In Decrypt9, you would select "CTRNAND transfer" and "Dump transferable CTRNAND" to dump a transferable image, then use the auto transfer option to restore it (if it fails, you may have to use the forced one, tends to happen if the regions aren't the same). It's like an unofficial system transfer. Of course, if you do that, you would not want to have both online at the same time, since they would have the same NNID (unless you format the one you're transferring from afterward, but if I'm understanding you correctly, you want them on both).

Of course, if you have half of your space free on your SD cards, see my reply to godreborn's post.
 
Last edited by Kazuma77,
  • Like
Reactions: Claros
Well, you could do a CTRNAND transfer if you truly want to transfer everything over. In Godmode9 you just go to the S: drive and copy ctrnand_full.bin to your SD card (either manually copying and pasting or using the context menu to copy it to gm9/out will work). When you select the backup copy on your second device, you will have an option to transfer. In Decrypt9, you would select "CTRNAND transfer" and "Dump transferable CTRNAND" to dump a transferable image, then use the auto transfer option to restore it (if it fails, you may have to use the forced one, tends to happen if the regions aren't the same). It's like an unofficial system transfer. Of course, if you do that, you would not want to have both online at the same time, since they would have the same NNID (unless you format the one you're transferring from afterward, but if I'm understanding you correctly, you want them on both).

Of course, if you have half of your space free on your SD cards, see my reply to godreborn's post.
Nice explanations! But I have another question: can I use transferable CTRNAND to transfer all my saves (even system titles like mii plaza) from an old 3DS to a new 2DS XL?
 
Nice explanations! But I have another question: can I use transferable CTRNAND to transfer all my saves (even system titles like mii plaza) from an old 3DS to a new 2DS XL?

Unless I missed it or something, the "new" hardware does not run a different copy of Mii Plaza, so, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you've got a spare microSD card laying around, you could throw an EmuNAND on it and test with that first. Get a preview of the results. Though using an old image on new hardware should not be an issue. Plaillect had people do it in his last A9LH guide, after all. But it never hurts to see what you're getting. Oh, and as an extra precaution, you might want to unlink your NNID first. Having it already linked could look suspicious, since you're not doing this transfer through Nintendo.
 
Last edited by Kazuma77,
Unless I missed it or something, the "new" hardware does not run a different copy of Mii Plaza, so, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you've got a spare microSD card laying around, you could throw an EmuNAND on it and test with that first. Get a preview of the results. Though using an old image on new hardware should not be an issue. Plaillect had people do it in his last A9LH guide, after all. But it never hurts to see what you're getting. Oh, and as an extra precaution, you might want to unlink your NNID first. Having it already linked could look suspicious, since you're not doing this transfer through Nintendo.
Ok thanks I will try it. I do not have a NNID linked so I am fine. ^^
 
Help! I have problem with Pokemon Moon
Seem like every time I use jksm ,I lost my ranking at pokemon global link .Is it happen to any one here ?
 
Hi all,

Does anyone here play Fire Emblem Echoes?

When I tried to export the save file, it generates hundreds of files (total= 320 files). Just want to know if this is normal. This is the first time I see so many files, I used JKSV on other games before and it doesn't create that many files.

Thanks!
 
Last edited by hiten,
So I have an o3ds running CFW, and it doesn't have save data for MHGen. I'm attempting to grab the save from my n3ds and put it onto the o3ds(they are using the same SD card) so that I can extract and edit it, then put it back onto the n3ds. could anyone walk me through what I should do for this? id rather not transfer over and overwrite the n3ds.
 
I'm trying to import savedata into a European install of Smash Bros from a USA install (both installed to SD), but I keep getting the "Unable to use save da
ta as it is not the latest..." error. I thought JKSM automatically deleted Securevalue info. Am I missing something?

Trying to look for Pokemon X on my SD/CIA list and it's just a bunch of blank spaces and a couple of titles that aren't complete in spelling

Have you tried "refresh games"?

Edit:

Okay, I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes in JKSM, but it's working now.

After reading on some random forum post that JKSM uses the securevalue from exported save files (don't know if this is true, or how it actually works) I loaded the game and allowed it to wipe the data, then exported the new save data from the EUR version into its own folder, and then freshly imported from USA to EUR, and everything seems to be working fine now. I was prepared to use a SecureValue Fixer app I found, guess I don't need to now. Apparently FBI also has the ability to import and export secure values.

BTW, JKSM uses the same folder for both regions of this title, because they have the same name. I expected it, but it still gave me pause for a moment.
 
Last edited by The Sender,
Anyone know why JK Save Manager freezes on every exit? I've been using this for 3 days, and so far JKSM been working just fine, but whenever I click on "exit" it would stuck at this red screen of death. And the problem shows up every time without fail, and I'm tired of having to hold down the power button to shut off every time just deal with it.

my spec:
Old 3DS XL (homebrew via soundhax)
Latest JKSM version
version 11.2.0-35 U
30-ish GB SD Card
 
Was wondering if anyone could help. When trying to export from my Alpha Sapphire I get a message saying "Uh Oh! Something went wrong writing!" Does anyone have a way to fix this?
 
Will there ever be support for NDS games? An error message when trying to export a save from Pokémon Black hinted at the possibility, but I don't know if it is actually being seriously considered.
 

Site & Scene News