[Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by JK_, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Sang Nguyen

Sang Nguyen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    Ok i got it fix i got another 3ds with luma custom firmware how do i used the data on that sd for another 3ds and keep my old data?

2. MO35AB

MO35AB Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2016
    Antigua and Barbuda
    cool tool, works across 3DS old to 2DS no problems.

3. solarising

solarising Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm very new to homebrew and am contemplating hacking my 3DS. I want to transfer my save data from Ever Oasis (cartridge) to another recently bought Ever Oasis cartridge. Would this be feasible using this software?

Kind regards, Solarising.

4. SaffronXL

SaffronXL Emulationer

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    New Mexico
    Yes

5. Sang Nguyen

Sang Nguyen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    I need help i cant get into godmode9 or hourlglass9 when i hold start to power on my ds

6. matt!

matt! GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2009
    Has anybody backup/restored saves from Game Gear VC?

Backup I get 2 files:
    save14.bin (90.21kB)
    save8.bin (32.46kB)

Any ideas what these are?

edit: save14.bin contains GG save game (and other stuff)
    8kB SRAM is located from 0x20E3 to 0x040E3

I used a Hex editor to overwrite this area with my real save, and then restored it using JKSM and I'm now playing my old save! :)

How-to: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-move-save-game-from-emulator-to-3ds-vc-game-gear.476473/

Last edited by matt!, Jul 4, 2017
    GizmoTheGreen likes this.
  7. jEEb

jEEb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2002
    Canada
    Anyone tried moving an animal crossing new leaf save from one 3ds to another 3ds? Even after changing the secure value it is saying the save is corrupt

8. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Yes, I do have 2 systems with animal crossing on them. I have used JKSM for getting the save from one ds to the other. If your save is saying its corrupt, its likely something within the garden_plus.dat and there is a high chance you may need to look at rebuilding with a clean save again.

9. jEEb

jEEb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2002
    Canada
    yeah, i went to boot the original save that i didnt edit and it's corrupted as well now, all I did was export it and it got corrupted...

Is there anyway to copy everything I had to a new save?

10. mylittlePWNy

mylittlePWNy Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2009
    United States
    California
    Sorry I'm new to this whole deal. If I'm following right this is impossible to do with an old 3DS XL that has no custom firmware installed, because it's not possible to run homebrew on it currently?

11. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Depends what firmware you are on.

12. mylittlePWNy

mylittlePWNy Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2009
    United States
    California
    Oh yeah I'm on current firmware, 11.4.0-37U

13. Jockel

Jockel Tagging yourself? This shit ain't NeoGAF.

Apr 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Ok so I dumped a few saves very important to me off my Old US 3DS. So I copied the JKSV folder to my new JP unit's SD card. But when I tried to import the saves, it won't find anything to import. Is that normal, or am I maybe doing something wrong?

14. Genesis_Rhapsodos

Genesis_Rhapsodos Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    United States
    I am having some trouble trying to restore my Animal Crossing New Leaf data. I am using homebrew through my Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time cartridge, with my old 3DS version 11.2. I have been using JKSM all this time and everything worked just fine. Suddenly, while editing my garden plus file and replacing it with my edited one, JKSM says it restored my data successfully, but when I load my game, instead of showing my edited file, it started a new game for me. I've tried deleting all the JKSM files and downloading it all back, and even deleting my homebrew and adding that back as well, but the problem still continues. I keep plenty of save back ups but none of them are restoring anymore. Can someone please help me understand what's going on?

15. MZ-4

MZ-4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Try an (dummy) export of the game on your JP device, and have a look at the directories.
    The directory names might be slightly different - I saw that on JP-ACNL compared to other ACNLs. In one version there was a ":" in the name, that is replaced by a blank.

Though you can "successfully" import a save of a US-game into a JP-game with JKSM, it might not work.
    But I only have experiences with different ACNLs. For example: a save of a EU-ACNL resulted for me in a corrupted game, when imported into a JP-ACNL.
    Both can be edited by the same editor though.

16. Kazuma77

Kazuma77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Actually the A: drive in Godmode9 makes the SD card encryption transparent (copy from it to decrypt, copy to it to encrypt). Of course, to backup your entire SD card's contents decrypted, you would need half of the space to be free. I've not messed with the 3DS emulator, but if it uses a folder on your hard drive to simulate the SD card, you could use that maybe. Or if GM9 added network connectivity and FTP functionality, you could transfer all installed content in decrypted form to your PC easily. That shouldn't be necessary though. Considering the fact that everything used for the encryption can now be dumped and transferred to a PC, it should be possible to write a PC app that can decrypt and re-encrypt SD card content. Though you would still need to run a mass ticket installer to get it all to show up (and then use tiksweep or FBI to remove unused tickets).

EDIT: I've been thinking, GM9's new scripting features might provide a solution if all you wanted were the saves. If it can do the equivalent of something like "xcopy /s *.sav" then writing a script that can backup all saves decrypted would be a cakewalk.

Well, you could do a CTRNAND transfer if you truly want to transfer everything over. In Godmode9 you just go to the S: drive and copy ctrnand_full.bin to your SD card (either manually copying and pasting or using the context menu to copy it to gm9/out will work). When you select the backup copy on your second device, you will have an option to transfer. In Decrypt9, you would select "CTRNAND transfer" and "Dump transferable CTRNAND" to dump a transferable image, then use the auto transfer option to restore it (if it fails, you may have to use the forced one, tends to happen if the regions aren't the same). It's like an unofficial system transfer. Of course, if you do that, you would not want to have both online at the same time, since they would have the same NNID (unless you format the one you're transferring from afterward, but if I'm understanding you correctly, you want them on both).

Of course, if you have half of your space free on your SD cards, see my reply to godreborn's post.

Last edited by Kazuma77, Jul 14, 2017
    Claros likes this.
  17. RapdElzo

RapdElzo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2015
    Thanks for the clear answer :1 I'll try that, although not now, I can't use my 3DS for some time :/

18. Claros

Claros Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2008
    France
    Nice explanations! But I have another question: can I use transferable CTRNAND to transfer all my saves (even system titles like mii plaza) from an old 3DS to a new 2DS XL?

19. Kazuma77

Kazuma77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Unless I missed it or something, the "new" hardware does not run a different copy of Mii Plaza, so, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you've got a spare microSD card laying around, you could throw an EmuNAND on it and test with that first. Get a preview of the results. Though using an old image on new hardware should not be an issue. Plaillect had people do it in his last A9LH guide, after all. But it never hurts to see what you're getting. Oh, and as an extra precaution, you might want to unlink your NNID first. Having it already linked could look suspicious, since you're not doing this transfer through Nintendo.

Last edited by Kazuma77, Jul 17, 2017
  20. Claros

Claros Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2008
    France
    Ok thanks I will try it. I do not have a NNID linked so I am fine. ^^