[Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by JK_, Feb 1, 2016.

1. cheuk18me94

cheuk18me94 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    Hong Kong
    That is strange, where is the CIA, just the 3dsx file

2. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    Help! I have problem with Pokemon Moon
    Seem like every time I use jksm ,I lost my ranking at pokemon global link .Is it happen to any one here ?

3. hiten

hiten GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2007
    Indonesia
    Hi all,

Does anyone here play Fire Emblem Echoes?

When I tried to export the save file, it generates hundreds of files (total= 320 files). Just want to know if this is normal. This is the first time I see so many files, I used JKSV on other games before and it doesn't create that many files.

Thanks!

Last edited by hiten, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Lord_Eigos

Lord_Eigos Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    United States
    So I have an o3ds running CFW, and it doesn't have save data for MHGen. I'm attempting to grab the save from my n3ds and put it onto the o3ds(they are using the same SD card) so that I can extract and edit it, then put it back onto the n3ds. could anyone walk me through what I should do for this? id rather not transfer over and overwrite the n3ds.

5. SoslanVanWieren

SoslanVanWieren GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    trying to import a save on mk7 and jksm locks up

6. XXXTORTELLINI

XXXTORTELLINI ╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    No Idea
    Trying to look for Pokemon X on my SD/CIA list and it's just a bunch of blank spaces and a couple of titles that aren't complete in spelling

7. The Sender

The Sender Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2007
    United States
    I'm trying to import savedata into a European install of Smash Bros from a USA install (both installed to SD), but I keep getting the "Unable to use save da
    ta as it is not the latest..." error. I thought JKSM automatically deleted Securevalue info. Am I missing something?

Have you tried "refresh games"?

Edit:

Okay, I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes in JKSM, but it's working now.

After reading on some random forum post that JKSM uses the securevalue from exported save files (don't know if this is true, or how it actually works) I loaded the game and allowed it to wipe the data, then exported the new save data from the EUR version into its own folder, and then freshly imported from USA to EUR, and everything seems to be working fine now. I was prepared to use a SecureValue Fixer app I found, guess I don't need to now. Apparently FBI also has the ability to import and export secure values.

BTW, JKSM uses the same folder for both regions of this title, because they have the same name. I expected it, but it still gave me pause for a moment.

Last edited by The Sender, Aug 4, 2017
  8. JasonDL

JasonDL Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2017
    United States
    Anyone know why JK Save Manager freezes on every exit? I've been using this for 3 days, and so far JKSM been working just fine, but whenever I click on "exit" it would stuck at this red screen of death. And the problem shows up every time without fail, and I'm tired of having to hold down the power button to shut off every time just deal with it.

my spec:
    Old 3DS XL (homebrew via soundhax)
    Latest JKSM version
    version 11.2.0-35 U
    30-ish GB SD Card

9. Ninja_Emmi

Ninja_Emmi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Was wondering if anyone could help. When trying to export from my Alpha Sapphire I get a message saying "Uh Oh! Something went wrong writing!" Does anyone have a way to fix this?

10. JohnTravolski

JohnTravolski GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Will there ever be support for NDS games? An error message when trying to export a save from Pokémon Black hinted at the possibility, but I don't know if it is actually being seriously considered.

11. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Works fine for me for omega ruby

12. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    Right now I want to get it switched over to citro3d since sf2d was depreciated.

Michierusama and hiten like this.
  13. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Use TWLSaveTool for nds games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. xxfliermiles

xxfliermiles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2017
    Armenia
    My jpn .cia of miitopia keeps crashing in The Travelers' Hub so is there anyway for me to use jksm (or a diff app) to import my jpn .sav to a eur or usa Miitopia .cia?

At the moment exporting my .jpn (and usa or eur) miitopia sav and extdata using jksm is not working for me.

For e.g., exporting my eur or usa .cia save then replacing my eur or usa .sav with the files of my .jpn save and importing the new contents made of the .jpn save and extdata into my Miitopia usa\eur copies Does not work....

15. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Does this no longer were on 11.5? I've been trying to import a Super Smash Bros save, but it just keeps not working, either Smash will start over as a brand new save, or when I start it, I'll get an error about the SD card and it will send me back to the menu. I mean JKSV seems to work fine, but the save itself doesn't actually seem to get applied. Any advice?

16. Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2014
    Australia
    Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
    I'd just like to report a problem with JKSM. It fails to find some system titles such as 0x00010022 (PTM Services).

If you need more information about how this service works, you can find it here: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/PTM_Services and here: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData

Activity Log utilises both 0x00010022 and 0x00020202 (JP)/0x00020212 (US)/0x00020222 (EU) save data. If you want to know what lurks in these files, here's what they are:

0x00020202/0x00020212/0x00020222: pld.dat
    0x00010022: Pedometer.dat and PlayHistory.dat

Both of these IDs tend to synchronise with each other, but however...

Pedometer.dat and PlayHistory.dat both encrypt their contents! So if you could implement some encryption and decryption mechanism into it, to decrypt the data in those files, please do! As well as exporting the files and importing the files. We really need to edit our Activity Log data, even if it means using a Hex Editor. But we can't while the main file data is encrypted.

17. IngeniousDefault

IngeniousDefault GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2009
    Germany
    I cannot extract the Monster Hunter Stories demo save file. I got an error mesage. "Error opening save archive: C8804478" and "Error opening ExtData: C8804464".

18. dodol

dodol GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2007
    United States
    If I have save/ext data in data management but I already uninstalled the title.
    Do I need to reinstall every uninstalled cia ?

19. spanner

spanner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2008
    thanks nice little app.just what i needed.

20. roflrabbit

roflrabbit Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2017
    Canada
    3DSX Version doesn't work as intended, I am unable to obtain the installed title info. Failed to open Save Archive. I'd like to have a 100% clean home menu, it'll free up space for when I go for the 300 title limit, and I don't want people to open any of my HB apps.