Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@MichMaster
The solution for your issue it's in this thread from the bottom to the top. I will just copy/paste it:
Before installing a new package, you should delete the previous one.
I also recommend you to choose two simple themes (red and blue) as shuffle to clear the theme's extdata cache before installing the new package (to avoid audio and body issues).
People just don't want to read. :P
Maybe you should put link to my post with tips from bottom of main post to very top and make it look like * THIS *:rofl:

But I'm sure that there still will be questions…

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@MichMaster
The solution for your issue it's in this thread from the bottom to the top. I will just copy/paste it:
Before installing a new package, you should delete the previous one.
I also recommend you to choose two simple themes (red and blue) as shuffle to clear the theme's extdata cache before installing the new package (to avoid audio and body issues).

And I did exactly that but it still won't work for me

Maybe you should put link to my post with tips from bottom of main post to very top and make it look like * THIS *:rofl:

Before assuming stuff make sure I did actually read it first

Last edited by MichMaster,

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba

I don't know why people do not read.
I should take your advise, girl

And I did exactly that but it still won't work for me
are you sure you did the shufle stuff I said?
one more time: choose two simple themes (red and blue) as shuffle to clear the theme's extdata cache before installing the new package

Reactions: redunka

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I don't know why people do not read.
I should take your advise, girl

are you sure you did the shufle stuff I said?
one more time: choose two simple themes (red and blue) as shuffle to clear the theme's extdata cache before installing the new package

I am sure, I even deleted it from system settings and also deleted the folder on the SD card... theme sound keeps overlapping

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry, I was talking in general, there was a lot of people who actually asked same
questions over and over, even when answer was literally in previous message.
I didn't mean to insult you. :)

Your problem is pretty common, actually, I remember it happening with some users of CHMM.
I'm not sure what's the exact reason of that bug, most likely it's faulty custom themes.
But I never encountered that problem myself, so…

Maybe you should try to fill shuffle with ten official themes,
to make sure themes are well made. Choose those that have BGM,
because system simple themes have no music and can't help too much here.

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
If we set the version to be high, would it prevent the theme shop from overwriting this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am sure, I even deleted it from system settings and also deleted the folder on the SD card... theme sound keeps overlapping
Try deleting the themes from system settings, picking a basic, shuffling basics then removing them.

ImInDaShAdOwZz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to run this without administration rights, that'd be preferred.

Also how would one package a custom theme in this? Do you have to create one and import it or something, an explanation would be appreciated

Last edited by ImInDaShAdOwZz,

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
ImInDaShAdOwZz said:
Is it possible to run this without administration rights, that'd be preferred.
sadly I can't, sorry about this
this application uses some functions that requires the Windows' API, if I run this without admin privileges I will not be able to use the Windows' API

ImInDaShAdOwZz said:
Also how would one package a custom theme in this?
I guess it is quite well explained in the OP. Anyway, just take the example folder and place your Custom Themes in "Custom", the Officials in "Oficiales" and the NSFW or Adult Only in "Custom NSFW". Then run the application, load the example folder, select what you want to pack, pack it and you are ready to go.

gudenaurock said:
If we set the version to be high, would it prevent the theme shop from overwriting this?
eShop will always overwrite this because they are not "original" and "legaly purchased"
if you buy a theme, you will see the theme it's injected over it will not dissapear when entering the eShop.

Prince Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
hey uhm.. I just wanna ask something about the official themes. I have the official themes .cia files, but Theme checker wont recognize it, nor add it on the list so that I can make 1 package of the theme. What should I do to be able to make a package from .cia files?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, all of my .cia themes are separated

Last edited by Prince Frost,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hey uhm.. I just wanna ask something about the official themes. I have the official themes .cia files, but Theme checker wont recognize it, nor add it on the list so that I can make 1 package of the theme. What should I do to be able to make a package from .cia files?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, all of my .cia themes are separated
the themes need to be extracted, this tool works with the data from within the cia (cia is just an installer)
you either need to decrypt your cia (little bit tricky and takes a little time), or, find the already decrypted files on .. that 3ds iso site.

k8099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@Chelsea_Fantasy

i have a problem,i find the tool make the cia id is always 0004008c00008200(o3ds a9lh 10.7J),so the themes pack the most is 100,can you make the cia can also choose the id 0004008c00008201 and 0004008c00008202,the two id also is theme pack(jan themes now 1013,have 3 theme pack),and each of them can also contain 100 themes.

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@Chelsea_Fantasy

i have a problem,i find the tool make the cia id is always 0004008c00008200(o3ds a9lh 10.7J),so the themes pack the most is 100,can you make the cia can also choose the id 0004008c00008201 and 0004008c00008202,the two id also is theme pack(jan themes now 1013,have 3 theme pack),and each of them can also contain 100 themes.
well, I now have a question
are you able to have 300 themes in your home menu?

@redunka if it is possible could you send me a control file for packages 2 and 3?

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
well, I now have a question
are you able to have 300 themes in your home menu?

@redunka if it is possible could you send me a control file for packages 2 and 3?
It's not possible to have more than 100 themes in total. It's the limit of console itself.
Packs 2 and 3 (and also 4) just won't overwrite each other when installed, but they won't let you have more themes.

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it's not recommended to install more than 100 anyway, the system forces you to delete the extras one by one... it can be so boring. it's a slow process
maybe in recent fw they improved it, but yeah be careful...

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks so much for this tool.
I always avoided custom themes because I didn't want to load CHMM all the time. But now I can use the default theme switcher, with shuffle and everything!
*manically downloads 99% of 3dsthem.es*
Thanks again! :D

wzrdbenny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not see it mentioned in the OP but I am running 10.7 aureinand sysnand and in order for the cia I made with your tool to install and not error and fail, i had to download the free sonic theme BEFORE trying to install the cia. And it would cause an error if you try downloading an eshop theme after installing the cia. I had to go in BBM and delete ctr-m-hmme-00 in order to download a legit theme in order to install my cia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1