Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work!
I have a question. If I install the theme CIA via BBM but create a new one later on with more themes in it, would installing the new CIA cause any unsavory glitches or would it just replace all the old themes that were previously installed?

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi. I would like to uninstall the cia i have on my 3DS and install a new one. What is the titleid for the cia? thanks!

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi. I would like to uninstall the cia i have on my 3DS and install a new one. What is the titleid for the cia? thanks!
It's unique for each region:
For people in other regions having the save question
For US: CTR-M-HMME-00 (Unique ID 008F)
For EU: CTR-M-HMMP-00 (Unique ID 0098)
For JP: CTR-M-HMMJ-00 (Unique ID 0082)
in other words: For EU: CTR-M-HMM?-00
By the way, old DevMenu can overwrite previously installed cia, you can use that instead.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Great work!
I have a question. If I install the theme CIA via BBM but create a new one later on with more themes in it, would installing the new CIA cause any unsavory glitches or would it just replace all the old themes that were previously installed?

I recommend you to do this steps every time you want to install a new theme package:
1- Delete your actual theme package.
2- Now, select some basic colors (Red and Blue by example) as shuffle favorites (this is necessary or when you install a new package the favorite loaded themes will not properly works).
3- Install your new theme package
4- Done! No bugs if you do this!

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you to do this steps every time you want to install a new theme package:
1- Delete your actual theme package.
2- Now, select some basic colors (Red and Blue by example) as shuffle favorites (this is necessary or when you install a new package the favorite loaded themes will not properly works).
3- Install your new theme package
4- Done! No bugs if you do this!
i did that, but when i installed a new package with more themes, only half of them installed (the same number i used to have, but including a few new ones, and excluding some old ones)

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Why i check my theme and "Checker" say me "Invalid Structure...". Examples themes same...
Theme Folder You Selected
Theme Folder You Selected/Oficiales
Theme Folder You Selected/Custom
Theme Folder You Selected/Custom NSFW

read the OP and fellow the instructions step by step

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
seems like i did something wrong and i can no longer install the cia i create with the tool. I think i uninstall my cia thru system settings (was an icon with an empty text). After i did that, when went to change my theme, got an error and all my themes disappeared. now when i try to install the cia again i'm getting the following error:

2hn2lww.jpg
[/IMG]
2hn2lww.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE: found the problem. this is not supported in Gateway.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I really like this program, and it's working great with RxTools! I was wondering about a couple of things, though:

- Is there a way to select all themes at once? EDIT: Nevermind, shift+left click works
- Can the program save the directory where it's loading themes from?
- Can you change the directory search from this to this? I think it's much faster for me to copy/paste the directory URL at the top than browsing the entire folder structure to get to my Themes Folder.

Regardless, thank you for the wonderful program!

@Previous poster: Gateway won't let you install them, but installing them with RXTools will let you view them in Gateway (You can't change them though, but you can set it to shuffle!)

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@CrispyYoshi
- Can the program save the directory where it's loading themes from?
The path is saved in the app's settings. Just change your default theme location there and done.

- Can you change the directory search from this to this? I think it's much faster for me to copy/paste the directory URL at the top than browsing the entire folder structure to get to my Themes Folder.
I have a better solution that works with the actual public version of H.T.T.:
yGJU2kS.png

Regardless, thank you for the wonderful program!

@royant1 @CrispyYoshi
Gateway won't let you install them, but installing them with RXTools will let you view them in Gateway (You can't change them though, but you can set it to shuffle!)
Sorry, but that will not work.
Once you enter in gateway mode the themes will apear, but once you enter a game and then press "HOME" you will lose all your themes (the same will happenif you enter an applet or simply close and open the 3DS lid)
Sorry @royant1 and all GW users. You will have to use CHMM2 or use an alternative way created by @redunka on that iso site to create a cia theme package with ONLY official themes via Command Line with a lot of effort.

Reactions: Sliter

Drogonite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot figure out how to use this. I'm following the guide I can't even get out of step 0. It just says "This folder has a wrong structure."

You have to make a another folder, don't use the sample one. I think you can just rename it or just copy the entire folder and rename the copy.

PrinceofFairies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to make a another folder, don't use the sample one. I think you can just rename it or just copy the entire folder and rename the copy.

Unfortunately that doesn't work either.

Made a new folder called "Themes," and I put the custom theme I want into it. Tried again and I get the same message.

Raîzex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a problem. if i want 2 start the programm i get the error: failed to create empty document.
what can i do :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc