Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Columbo2811 @Xenosaiga
Thanks guys. It's easy to get disheartened after putting in so much work.

@shoemaker
Good idea. I'll consider this if I can't get page-by-page loading to work (which is looking likely).

I've just uploaded beta 61:
  • Various fixes merged from @Garcia98 including New3DS speedup on hax 2.5
  • Added loading screen to folder opening
  • Removed tid.bin saving for title launching
  • Fixed duplicate cart icon in title menu

@suloku
I'm looking at the XML titles issue and can't figure out what I've actually done differently. I've just committed a change which uses your regionFreeRun2() method but it still doesn't work. I'm testing using the WiFi toggle app and it boots but doesn't actually toggle the WiFi, which I've been told is an issue relating to incorrectly booting the XML title. I can't figure out what I'm doing differently to your launcher. Do you have any ideas?
I think *Hax 2.5 introduced that hardcore mode I was talking about... Lol. But seriously, you churn out a new beta just about every day. That's dedication.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if you've moved on to hax 2.5, my wifi toggle app doesn't work at all, period (on either launcher, nwm::EXT access is completely broken), so that may be why.
Ohhhh... Could somebody point me in the direction of a different XML title I could use for testing? I don't use them so don't really know anything about them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OMG this is amazing! now the animations and water are really smooth! :yay:
I'm glad it's working better for you :)

I think *Hax 2.5 introduced that hardcore mode I was talking about... Lol. But seriously, you churn out a new beta just about every day. That's dedication.
Thanks buddy :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ohhhh... Could somebody point me in the direction of a different XML title I could use for testing? I don't use them so don't really know anything about them.

I'm glad it's working better for you :)

Thanks buddy :)

I only know of the ironhax installer, the oot3dhax installers (both online and offline), and the save managers, aside from my wifi toggle.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I only know of the ironhax installer, the oot3dhax installers (both online and offline), and the save managers, aside from my wifi toggle.
Oh, in that case I think it's working! The save managers seem to work perfectly as they were already using @suloku's RegionFreeRun2() method. I tried to install Ironhax yesterday using gridlauncher and it wouldn't install correctly. This morning I changed title launching to also use RegionFreeRun2() and I've just tested tie Ironhax installer using gridlauncher and it's working now. So I think the XML titles are ok now!

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, in that case I think it's working! The save managers seem to work perfectly as they were already using @suloku's RegionFreeRun2() method. I tried to install Ironhax yesterday using gridlauncher and it wouldn't install correctly. This morning I changed title launching to also use RegionFreeRun2() and I've just tested tie Ironhax installer using gridlauncher and it's working now. So I think the XML titles are ok now!

Oh, I forgot HANS. HANS (when you don't use a shortcut to start it) also uses an XML.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed: I went back to beta 60 and Ironhax installer does not work. On beta 61, which uses @suloku's RegionFreeRun2(), it works perfectly. So I think XML title launching works now.

Oh, I forgot HANS. HANS (when you don't use a shortcut to start it) also uses an XML.
@suloku also has a solution for that :) I'll be implementing HANS launching shortly.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Confirmed: I went back to beta 60 and Ironhax installer does not work. On beta 61, which uses @suloku's RegionFreeRun2(), it works perfectly. So I think XML title launching works now.

@suloku also has a solution for that :) I'll be implementing HANS launching shortly.

I'll give it a try with my wifi toggle app (regardless of the fact that it doesn't work with hax 2.5). If it is booting, then I shouldn't get the missing titles message. :)

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll give it a try with my wifi toggle app (regardless of the fact that it doesn't work with hax 2.5). If it is booting, then I shouldn't get the missing titles message. :)
It does boot (though the missing title message seems to flash up on the screen - I need to fix that). The problem is that it doesn't actually toggle.

Shit, IH installer only worked once. I'm testing it again and it fails every time. Looks like the XML title launching isn't fixed after all :(

Reactions: daxtsu

merle alvers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, first time posting, made an account just for this;;
for some reason the eshop from the new homebrew update doesnt show up on the grid
i cant load the eshop now D:

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hello, first time posting, made an account just for this;;
for some reason the eshop from the new homebrew update doesnt show up on the grid
i cant load the eshop now D:

It's a feature that's not yet implemented in the grid launcher. You should be work around it by launching HANS and picking the eShop as the title to launch.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thank you!!

You're welcome.

It seems that although the XML titles boot, they don't work under the gridlauncher. I'm really struggling to work out why that is :(

Hm..on my 9.0 N3DS with themehax, I did manage to get beta 61 to boot my offline oot3dhax installer, and it did install the payload successfully.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please link to a pre2.5 version? I'm having a hell of a time finding an older version of HBL from which to install themehax.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@mashers, you have my compliments as well. I'm liking the new little page switching animations you added recently. A lot more pleasant than the instant switching (I'm usually a minimalist, but the transition is quick enough that I have no complaints).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!