XP
Country
United States

MannCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regionFOUR (or r5, or whatever it's called now) doesn't work for me in the latest beta.

Edit: Whoops, nvm. I think it's a known problem.

Last edited by MannCo,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@mashers, you have my compliments as well. I'm liking the new little page switching animations you added recently. A lot more pleasant than the instant switching (I'm usually a minimalist, but the transition is quick enough that I have no complaints).
Thanks mate! Yeah I'm a minimalist too, but the quick "swish" is quite pleasing to me :)

The animation transitions are a hell of alot smoother now on n3ds too with the latest version. :)
Thanks to @Garcia98 adding the cpu speedup code :)

Are we forced to upgrade to hax 2.5 to use this launcher now? Or can it still be used on older hax versions?
You can use it with *hax 2.1,tested on my OOT3D
Thanks mate. I wonder how *hax 2.1 deals with the call to set the CPU speed higher. Hopefully it just ignores it. Even more hopefully it actually somehow works ;)

regionFOUR (or r5, or whatever it's called now) doesn't work for me in the latest beta.

Edit: Whoops, nvm. I think it's a known problem.
Title launching should work through RegionFour. Region Five AKA HANS works if you run HANS first, but direct HANS launching does not work yet.

MannCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I mean launch a cartridge through the Regionfour, not HANS. I just tried it again and my 3DS just freezes.

I don't have this problem with beta 59.

Edit: If I launch the cartridge through regionfour in title menu, it works.

Last edited by MannCo,

wezck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This question is asked and answered on every page for the last ~10 pages, hehe. That is not yet implemented on this launcher. If you want to use it launch HANS and select the eShop from there.

Ohhhh, sorry for repeat the question and thanks for your reply ;)

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I mean launch a cartridge through the Regionfour, not HANS. I just tried it again and my 3DS just freezes.

I don't have this problem with beta 59.

Edit: If I launch the cartridge through regionfour in title menu, it works.
Hmm same problem here. Launching the cart does not work. For now please launch the cart through the title menu. I will look into this issue ASAP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How change the Name of the Apps? There are the Names who made the App. Is there some
Switch option?
Use the online SMDH editor to change the title, author and description text. Then re-save the SMDH and copy to the SD card overwriting the original.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I love this! Much better than the original HBL! ^_^
I have a bug report though: Pretty much all the time the water and all the animations are about 50-75% slower than they are supposed to be. This can be fixed by opening an app, returning to the Launcher, and using touch input. If I switch back to the D-Pad, the animations slow down again.
I do not (yet) use custom backgrounds. The Launcher version is the latest, the System Version is New3DS 10.1.0-27 EUR.

Also, just a suggestion: It would be cool if I could make folders inside the Launcher and without a PC, and inside the "HB Apps View." Also if I could rearrange the apps, that would be awesome! :D

D

Deleted-236924

Um... one of the later betas broke something :/
If you have panels enabled, they show up on top of the text now rather than under the text, which defeats the purpose.

Talking about the panels you can add to top/bottom screen behind the text to make it easier to read it on wallpapers. That broke somehow.
That would be easy to miss during testing if you weren't using panels, but I have top screen panel set to 125 so I can still see my wallpaper while being able to read the text. If you remove the panel (setting it to 0), works as normal, text is normal, except I have a hard time reading it properly against my wallpaper. Set it to 255, and it just covers up everything and you don't see the text at all :P

At first I thought it was a bug with the text appearing lighter than it should; I was playing around with text color settings and the color changed properly except it was always several shades lighter for no apparent reason. Figured out the problem came from the panels.

They worked fine in Beta 59. I went straight from 59 to 61, so I don't know if the issue appeared during beta 60 or beta 61.

All these animations are also very laggy for me on O3DS with my theme, but that's probably just limitations of the O3DS having trouble handling the pictures on top of everything else. :P so I'm glad all the animations are optional.
They're pretty smooth on default theme.

Last edited by ,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I love this! Much better than the original HBL! ^_^
I have a bug report though: Pretty much all the time the water and all the animations are about 50-75% slower than they are supposed to be. This can be fixed by opening an app, returning to the Launcher, and using touch input. If I switch back to the D-Pad, the animations slow down again.
I do not (yet) use custom backgrounds. The Launcher version is the latest, the System Version is New3DS 10.1.0-27 EUR.

Also, just a suggestion: It would be cool if I could make folders inside the Launcher and without a PC, and inside the "HB Apps View." Also if I could rearrange the apps, that would be awesome! :D
Thanks! I can't reproduce the bug of the water being slow until returning to the launcher. What hax are you using? Drag and drop rearranging has been discussed before, and I don't want to implement managing folders on the device for the same reason I don't want to implement drag and drop (far too complicated for too little gain IMO).

Um... one of the later betas broke something :/
If you have panels enabled, they show up on top of the text now rather than under the text, which defeats the purpose.

Talking about the panels you can add to top/bottom screen behind the text to make it easier to read it on wallpapers. That broke somehow.
That would be easy to miss during testing if you weren't using panels, but I have top screen panel set to 125 so I can still see my wallpaper while being able to read the text. If you remove the panel (setting it to 0), works as normal, text is normal, except I have a hard time reading it properly against my wallpaper. Set it to 255, and it just covers up everything and you don't see the text at all :P

At first I thought it was a bug with the text appearing lighter than it should; I was playing around with text color settings and the color changed properly except it was always several shades lighter for no apparent reason. Figured out the problem came from the panels.

They worked fine in Beta 59. I went straight from 59 to 61, so I don't know if the issue appeared during beta 60 or beta 61.

All these animations are also very laggy for me on O3DS with my theme, but that's probably just limitations of the O3DS having trouble handling the pictures on top of everything else. :P so I'm glad all the animations are optional.
They're pretty smooth on default theme.
Oops, sorry about that. I made a mistake when I was rearranging the grid drawing code for the animations. I've just fixed it and attached beta 62 :)

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks! I can't reproduce the bug of the water being slow until returning to the launcher. What hax are you using?
I'm using both Ironhax and HomeMenuHax/Themehax. The glitch appears on both entrypoints.
I can upload a video to YouTube if you want footage of it.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using both Ironhax and HomeMenuHax/Themehax. The glitch appears on both entrypoints.
I can upload a video to YouTube if you want footage of it.
That would be helpful. Also, do you have title preload enabled? If so, try disabling it.

I have just uploaded another quick beta which solves the problem booting the cart from the main grid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1