Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
- Problem with selecting empty items/icons persists (cursor out of boundaries)... Apparently, HBL freeze/crash issue solves deactivating "D-Pad navigation on corner icons" option, then should be some problem directly related with that.
Yeah that's on the todo list to fix. Not sure why it's doing it since the same function draws all of the grids, but I'm looking into it.

- Check sign on "Folders option" screen always stays on "3ds" icon, in despite of selecting another folder.
- About folders too: Re-selecting a open folder is possible again, and this is unnecesary.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the tick and the re-selection when I migrated the folders list to the grid. I'll re-add that to the todo list.

- Changing between 2 and 3 rows view (in both ways) produces some unexpected visual effects on "Settings" screen, like icons dissapearing or out of their normal boundaries.
That's also on the todo list ;)

- And a very minimal bug: On "Help" and "Settings" screens, "les" word is shown on top screen selecting some icons.
Oh yeah! I hadn't noticed that! I probably just need to zero out the author on those menu entries rather than assuming they will be blank. Also on the todo list.

Thanks for your feeback :)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Those are already on the todo list.
Wow, fast reply! Sorry then!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And is it possible for theme makers to optionally include all settings / some mire than hbltheme.cfg? It would really help themes with those 2-rows / 3-rows variants.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, fast reply! Sorry then!

And is it possible for theme makers to optionally include all settings / some mire than hbltheme.cfg? It would really help themes with those 2-rows / 3-rows variants.
No worries! And could you give an example of what you mean with hbltheme.cfg? Not sure I understand what you're asking for :)

Beta 45 is now on the first post, and incorporates the following commits:
  • Prevents theme names from being truncated, meaning that theme names which are longer than the available space on the line can still be selected.
  • Improves the colour mixer pages in settings by adding a preview of the colour being adjusted.

Reactions: JJTapia19

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
No worries! And could you give an example of what you mean with hbltheme.cfg? Not sure I understand what you're asking for :)
Basically, I think that in the hbltheme.cfg file should be possible (not necessary) to specify every setting of this HBL. When applying the theme, settings specified in hbltheme.cfg should be changed (merged to HBL.cfg), while leaving non-specified settings intact.
This way, theme makers could change whatever their theme requires (like HBL logo, water type, number of rows, etc.) but also keep the part of users' customizations that will look good with that theme.
Or, better yet, select which settings to change when appting a theme! :D

Last edited by SomeGamer,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mashers I know it's been awhile since i had a suggestion :P But how about C-stick control we can use everything to control the bottom but the c-stick. I feel bad for it.

@mashers take a look at the inactive color tab on theming. The color preview overlaps it. I tried taking a screen shot but i couldn't download it through ftp for some reason.

@mashers i have another bug. When you deselect display third row of icons. It's still three rows but it moves down so it thinks its two when it it not.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Aha!!! I've fixed the bug which allowed selecting empty positions on the grid. Basically, I was incrementing the variable which holds the number of items in the menu as I added entries to them, but I didn't realise that addMenuEntry() does this for you. So the menus had double the number of (reported) entries, meaning that the code which keeps the selector in bounds thought there were more entries than there really were. This bug didn't affect the original menu because I didn't write the code which adds the menu entries to it :P I've committed the updates to GitHub and attached a new binary to the first post here.

Basically, I think that in the hbltheme.cfg file should be possible (not necessary) to specify every setting of this HBL. When applying the theme, settings specified in hbltheme.cfg should be changed (merged to HBL.cfg), while leaving non-specified settings intact.
This way, theme makers could change whatever their theme requires (like HBL logo, water type, number of rows, etc.) but also keep the part of users' customizations that will look good with that theme.
Or, better yet, select which settings to change when appting a theme! :D
Oh I see. that would take some thinking about, as you would essentially need two variables instead of one for each setting (one for the hbl.cfg and one for hbltheme.cfg) and then decide which should take priority. It's possible, but tricky.

@mashers I know it's been awhile since i had a suggestion :P But how about C-stick control we can use everything to control the bottom but the c-stick. I feel bad for it.
I don't think ctrulib can read the c stick.

@mashers take a look at the inactive color tab on theming. The color preview overlaps it. I tried taking a screen shot but i couldn't download it through ftp for some reason.
Oh yeah I see what you mean. I'll right justify the colour preview.

@mashers i have another bug. When you deselect display third row of icons. It's still three rows but it moves down so it thinks its two when it it not.
Yep, that's been reported a few times and is already on the todo list.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh ok. What's the advantage of this over the D-Pad and left analogue stick? I mean for the purpose of a launcher, not gaming.

I personally probably wouldn't use it in a launcher, but you could also use it as a way to get an extra four "buttons" for free for N3DS users, if you end up needing more for some reason, if you don't use it for some sort of scrolling.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Oh ok. What's the advantage of this over the D-Pad and left analogue stick? I mean for the purpose of a launcher, not gaming.
About that, I just wonder if enabling C-stick use wouldn't generate any conflict with O3DS consoles?

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Beta 47 is uploaded and incorporates the following bugfixes which I have committed to GH:
  • Icons on the settings now draw correctly when toggling the third row
  • Folders and themes grids now show a tick on the currently selected item, and prevent re-selection of the currently selected item
  • Strange text appearing in the 'author' position when selecting some settings or help items has been fixed
  • The colour preview on colour mixer screens is now right justified to prevent it overlapping the text

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
~fyi : i know a bunch of people want a button in their hbmenu to toggle wifi. this can be done with nwm::EXT. *hax 2.1 doesn't have that but 2.5 will. so you should be able to add support for that if you want.
(same is true for gsp::Lcd if that's in any way useful to you)

also in hax 2.5 you'll be able to pick whether or not to use the n3ds's higher clockrate. to use this you should update to latest ctrulib (master branch is fine, so is great-refactor if you're feeling adventurous) and use osSetSpeedupEnable(bool enable). might be nice for people who want to save battery life, idk.

tagging @mashers to make sure he sees this.

btw great job, i havent tried your menu myself but i've been hearing great things from people so keep it up !

If you launch a title under MSET (6.0+) you actually can get rights to nwm::EXT right now in 2.1. Once 2.5 rolls out though, I'll change my wifi app so it doesn't do that, heh.
of course, but that's not exactly a good way to integrate the switch into the menu imo.

Last edited by smealum,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
~fyi : i know a bunch of people want a button in their hbmenu to toggle wifi. this can be done with nwm::EXT. *hax 2.1 doesn't have that but 2.5 will. so you should be able to add support for that if you want.
(same is true for gsp::Lcd if that's in any way useful to you)

If you launch a title under MSET (6.0+) you actually can get rights to nwm::EXT right now in 2.1. Once 2.5 rolls out though, I'll change my wifi app so it doesn't do that, heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak: k