Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, trying to directly run the elf file. If you made a cia that executes the payload instead of loading the HBL, you could have the payload load the boot.3dsx off the SD card like Ninjhax.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, trying to directly run the elf file. If you made a cia that executes the payload instead of loading the HBL, you could have the payload load the boot.3dsx off the SD card like Ninjhax.
Then, that way, would be practically a "Home Menu" exploit or "HomeMenuHax", if you will!

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally really like the bar. Maybe once he gets folders sorted out it can come back and say "Home Screen" then when you click on a folder it changes to the name of that folder
I think folders should be handle the same way the home screen of the 3DS handles folder, having the name of the folder show up on the top screen. Folders should open up as overlays, not take you to a different screen. If they did take you to a separate screen with apps inside the folder, this would be confusing (again the same way the 3DS handles folders).

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I would prefer if they were optional! (At least I dont want those gray empty boxes)

One other thing: The previous file was like 824 kB. This version is only 585 kB.. You must have stripped a lot of things..

Last thing: This version seems to be a bit slower.. But I cant say for sure becuz I have this hbl on both my N3DS and O3DS. Has anyone else noticed longer loading times when entering and exiting this version?

Actually this is the same issue with the original HBL. On my O3DS I've notice that it the waves and menu move slower while on the N3DS the waves and scrolling through the apps is very snappy.

@mashers I think there should be an option to not necessarily turn off the waves all together, but rather an option to replace it with a static image of a wave or a non-animated version for those who have the O3DS or don't like the animation.

Reactions: SLiV3R

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For the final time, I KNOW that the target title selector doesn't work, YES I WILL add folder support, and YES I WILL release the source code, when it's done and not before. This has been answered several times before yet I'm still receiving posts in this thread and conversations started about these issues. I will not be answering these questions again as the answer is unchanged. Sorry if this comes across as argumentative but it's frustrating to be badgered with the same questions over and over again when they have already been answered. Asking again will not change the answer.

WRT the bar at the top - it is mostly for information but I now realise that this information could go on the top screen (e.g. A settings logo). I'll consider removing it or making it optional.

As for folders, I haven't got my head around how to code folders within the grid yet (I.e. how it works on the home menu). The initial implementation will probably involve tapping on the top bar and selecting which folder you want to view, and the whole grid will then change to display that folder. Folders as an icon within the main grid might come later but is not a priority.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys, I've just uploaded an update. This version adds folder support. You need to add the extension .hbfolder to any folders in the root of the SD card which you want to be scanned by the launcher (except /3ds/ - leave that as it is). Then put your 3dsx files or app folders into those folders just as you would if you put them in /3ds/. Then in the launcher tap the blue bar which says which folder you are in and you will be able to pick which folder you want to view.

I realise the UI for this needs quite a bit of work, but I know a few people have been very keen for the folders feature to be added so I thought I would release an update as-is so people can start using it.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok guys, I've just uploaded an update. This version adds folder support. You need to add the extension .hbfolder to any folders in the root of the SD card which you want to be scanned by the launcher (except /3ds/ - leave that as it is). Then put your 3dsx files or app folders into those folders just as you would if you put them in /3ds/. Then in the launcher tap the blue bar which says which folder you are in and you will be able to pick which folder you want to view.
Excuse me, but I have some questions:

1- When you said "add extension .hbfolder", do you mean rename folder adding this extension (i.e. "/Emulators.hbfolder/")?
2- And what about create and scan folders onto "/3ds/" path? Not possible?

Last edited by fmkid,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me, but I have some questions:
No problem :)

1- When you said "add extension .hbfolder", do you mean rename folder adding this extension (i.e. "/Emulators.hbfolder/")?
Yes, exactly. I may add a front end for adding folders in the future, but for now you have to add the .hbfolder to make the launcher scan it.

2- And what about create and scan folders onto "/3ds/" path? Not possible?
/3ds/ will be scanned as normal. Subfolders of /3ds/ which contain a .3dsx will be added as normal. Subfolders deeper than that won't be scanned as the scanning algorithm is not recursive - it just checks the top level folder and then and folders inside that.

Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Unless I'm just that good? But I honestly can't believe that for an instant