Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Well well, this is getting to the point where I'll change into this XD
Does netloader work or did you disable it?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice but there are some problems scanning the programs.

After changing directory the first program is not shown. After some changes (I tryed both changing dirs and changing icon order) the program crashes.

Probably some bug with arrays filling and/or memory allocation.

Reactions: Deleted User

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well well, this is getting to the point where I'll change into this XD
Does netloader work or did you disable it?
AFAIK it should work. I haven't touched any of the code for it but also haven't tested it, so I have no idea TBH.

Nice but there are some problems scanning the programs.

After changing directory the first program is not shown. After some changes (I tryed both changing dirs and changing icon order) the program crashes.

Probably some bug with arrays filling and/or memory allocation.
Weird, I've not had that problem, though I did have some hanging up with empty folders and a problem with refreshing folders if the region free launcher icon was hidden. I thought I had fixed it, but might not have uploaded that version yet. I'm about to upload another update which seems stable for me. Stand by :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, just another little update:
  • Made the shadows around the toolbar buttons a bit more subtle
  • Added a separate button to open the folders list (tapping the bar at the top still does the same, but I thought an individual button was needed)
  • The animated water is now optional. If you disabled animated water in the settings then a still image of the water will be displayed

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Weird, I've not had that problem, though I did have some hanging up with empty folders and a problem with refreshing folders if the region free launcher icon was hidden. I thought I had fixed it, but might not have uploaded that version yet. I'm about to upload another update which seems stable for me. Stand by :)

I noticed another problem: the wifi icon now seems not responsive (always on), in the version without the animation it was working for me.

If you need info on my system, I'm on o3ds with nh1.1b

Last edited by nop90,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed another problem: the wifi icon now seems not responsive (always on), in the version without the animation it was working for me.

If you need info on my system, I'm on o3ds with nh1.1b
Oh actually the problem with the wifi icon is that it gets rendered in light grey if the wifi isn't active, but it's not sufficiently different to the white colour to notice. I need to draw a new icon so this is clearer. With regard to the stability, could you try disabling the animated water and see if this makes any difference?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The new version seems not to crash (tested both with animation on and off).

The problem with the first icon not being shown is related with the option to show Region Free Launcher.

I don't have the region free launcher installed, with "show Region Free Launcher" off the first icon is missing after the first change of directory. With the option On the icon reappears. For the moment i'll leave thr option on so to have all the icons.

This workaround solves also the problem i reported some day ago of not being able to navigate to the first icon using arrows key.

For the wifi, I can confirm that looking closely the icon turns from very light gray to white when the connection is on.

Thank you.

Edit: i like very much the folder icon in the bottom corner.

Last edited by nop90,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The new version seems not to crash (tested both with animation on and off).
That's great, thank you for reporting back on this.

The problem with the first icon not being shown is related with the option to show Region Free Launcher.

I don't have the region free launcher installed, with "show Region Free Launcher" off the first icon is missing after the first change of directory. With the option On the icon reappears. For the moment i'll leave thr option on so to have all the icons.

This workaround solves also the problem i reported some day ago of not being able to navigate to the first icon using arrows key.
Ahh, the browser assumes that the region free launcher is available as I didn't know it was possible not to have it in the launcher. How is it that you don't have it installed? If I can replicate this setup then I can fix the problem.

For the wifi, I can confirm that looking closely the icon turns from very light gray to white when the connection is on.

Thank you.
Great - I'll get a new icon drawn up soon. And you're welcome :)

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh ok. I'll try to find out how the launcher detects the NH version and specifies whether the region free launcher should be available. Then I can fake this situation temporarily to get it working for NH1.1. Basically the option to show the region free launcher needs to be forced on and the button not made available if the region free launcher is not actually available. That way the first icon will always show. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

When I'm on the second page of icons, there is no back arrow.
Does it go back if you press L?

Reactions: JJTapia19

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, I've just uploaded an update. This version adds folder support. You need to add the extension .hbfolder to any folders in the root of the SD card which you want to be scanned by the launcher (except /3ds/ - leave that as it is). Then put your 3dsx files or app folders into those folders just as you would if you put them in /3ds/. Then in the launcher tap the blue bar which says which folder you are in and you will be able to pick which folder you want to view.

I realize the UI for this needs quite a bit of work, but I know a few people have been very keen for the folders feature to be added so I thought I would release an update as-is so people can start using it.
I have been waiting for this. thank you sooo much :P

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Everything I need :)
20150925_010508.jpg

Reactions: JJTapia19

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I have tested this under NH2.0 and IH on a 9.9 UK New 3DS. I have no other hardware to test it on, so I would be really grateful if people could try this and post the following information only if it DOESN'T work:

3DS version
3DS region
FW version
HB entrypoint used
o3DS
North American
9.9.0-26
Ninjhax 2.0 worked, Tubehax worked, and Ironhax worked with this HBL
AjdNC.gif

Last edited by Jwiz33,
Reactions: SLiV3R

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh ok. I'll try to find out how the launcher detects the NH version and specifies whether the region free launcher should be available. Then I can fake this situation temporarily to get it working for NH1.1. Basically the option to show the region free launcher needs to be forced on and the button not made available if the region free launcher is not actually available. That way the first icon will always show. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

Does it go back if you press L?
I believe it uses hbInit for comparison there. If it doesn't init, then it's an alternate loader. You can also check for .cia by seeing if __service_ptr (it's an extern import) is 0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back