mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys, I've just uploaded a small update which fixes the following:
  • The left arrow button now shows correctly if you are on > page 1
  • The option to hide the region free launcher is now only visible if the region free launcher is actually available. The option is forced ON if the region free launcher is not available to prevent the first icon being hidden or inaccessible should the region free launcher not be installed
  • I have drawn a new disabled wifi icon which I hope is clearer

My next priority will be to get the font changed as this is holding me back from improving the appearance further.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There should also be info on the OP on folders.
If you press the help (?) button on the folder select page then it provides the same information :)

I have also updated the screenshots on the first post.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What about adding some support for characters of other languages ?Such as Japanese or Chinese.
When using target selector or regionfree launcher,I often get odd titiles with japanese carts.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What about adding some support for characters of other languages ?Such as Japanese or Chinese.
When using target selector or regionfree launcher,I often get odd titiles with japanese carts.
That's probably because the built-in font does not contain those characters. Once the font has been changed this might improve.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I noticed that the launcher can take place of Ninjhax 1.1b launcher.However, it won't support kernel access then.
So has smealum changed the sourcecode since Ninjhax 2.0?

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uploading to github is not all too hard. Install the github application (just google). Though the application create a repo, this will create the repo (only) locally. Go to the path of the repo, copy your source and stuff. Now use the github app to publish this repo (or sync if you published it before adding any files).

I noticed that the launcher can take place of Ninjhax 1.1b launcher.However, it won't support kernel access then.
Yes.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
The menu has nothing to do with kernel access, the ninjhax payload that loads it does. So if you load it with ninjhax 1.1 it will be ninjhax 1.1 just with a new menu.

Reactions: SLiV3R

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's probably because the built-in font does not contain those characters. Once the font has been changed this might improve.
For that, you would need a font with alphabetic Latin script, Kana & Kanjii for Japanese and Hanzi for Chinese. I don't know if there are any free fonts supporting that many characters.

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For that, you would need a font with alphabetic Latin script, Kana & Kanjii for Japanese and Hanzi for Chinese. I don't know if there are any free fonts supporting that many characters.
Roboto supports all of that and it's free: https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Roboto

It's the same font I used in the concept which this launcher is based off of.

Reactions: Garcia98

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks @link6155. I have downloaded the Roboto font and intend to use it as the font for the launcher. The problem I am having is that sf2d (the graphics library needed for sftd (the TTF font library)) doesn't seem to play nicely with the graphics functions already used in the launcher. I think my only options will be to completely migrate the launcher to sf2d and rewrite all of the graphics functions. This will be a huge undertaking and I won't know if it will work properly until it's complete, so I'm just bracing myself to take it on!

Reactions: link6155

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know that lib, but it's a common one, so you should find a lot of examples online. You could also study the sources of sf2d.

I immagine that there is a function that, gived a string, a font, a font size and a buffer for storing the result image, draws a bitmap in rbga in the buffer that you can blit wherever you want.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know that lib, but it's a common one, so you should find a lot of examples online. You could also study the sources of sf2d.

I immagine that there is a function that, gived a string, a font, a font size and a buffer for storing the result image, draws a bitmap in rbga in the buffer that you can blit wherever you want.
That would be ideal. ctrulib can easily draw an RGBA bitmap. I'll look into the sources of sftd to see which Freetype functions it's using and then see if I can call the same functions to render the text but draw it with ctrulib. Thanks for the tip! :)

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks buddy I've been following that tutorial for the past hour or so and have been trying to figure out what the glyph slot buffer actually contains so I can attempt to draw it.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The new version is really good.

The thing that could be improved IMHO is the folder selection screen layout. But I uderstand that it's the last thing added.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii