Homebrew [Release] GodMode9 Scripts Megathread

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be clear, the script is technically an add-on to the actual software, GodMode9. Because you already attempted a specialized form of (CTR+TWL)Transfer that's closely related to D9 CTRTransfer, this script won't fix your very strange DS(i) mode brick. As was explained in PM, MCU bricks (if assuming yours is MCU related) is for all intents and purposes, permanent and not fixable.
good to know lol. i was also happy to help inspire you to make this lol.
tho to be clear i already KNEW that the S:/ drive shouldnt be messed with. (thankfully lol)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also as stated above in your thread prior to this release that this is for SOFT brick repairs correct?

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good to know lol. i was also happy to help inspire you to make this lol.
tho to be clear i already KNEW that the S:/ drive shouldnt be messed with. (thankfully lol)

also as stated above in your thread prior to this release that this is for SOFT brick repairs correct?
Yes, softbrick only. Not hardbrick, although this script can't account for all softbricks. I'm not sure if it has caught your attention, but there's someone in this thread who has a weird DS(i) touchscreen issue where it works perfectly fine in 3DS mode. He is perhaps the first person (not including me) who has used that CTRTransfer script. Results did not turn out positive in regards to the touchscreen which is still screwy or bricked.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, softbrick only. Not hardbrick, although this script can't account for all softbricks. I'm not sure if it has caught your attention, but there's someone in this thread who has a weird DS(i) touchscreen issue where it works perfectly fine in 3DS mode. He is perhaps the first person (not including me) who has used that CTRTransfer script. Results did not turn out positive in regards to the touchscreen which is still screwy or bricked.
interesting so im guessing the script might have some bugs maybe? i never had a soft brick so i dont know...
tho asking these dumb questions make me wonder how i couldve helped in anyway on this project XD

EDIT: scratch the first comment i didnt read it thoroughly lol again im questioning whether or not i helped in anyway XD

Last edited by CodyWGamer,

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just had a huge breakthrough from my past with frogminer CFW and maybe a thought. i just remembered that one day when my ds mode still worked i installed this game called ultimate NES Remix. I played it for a while and i didnt really enjoy it. so i needed some space and so i deleted the app and after that i noticed that terrible "?" file with 0 blocks. since it was my first CFW experience i didn't bother to mess with it. (I think my ds mode was still working) one day I was hanging out with some friends and got a little bored so i went inside and played some WarioWare: Touched! (DS Mode still worked) and i got bored so I decided to go into my system management to delete another game to get another game I had saved on my computer. (I only had a 4 GB SD Card that day) and after I deleted a file i didn't need The "?" was still there from the ultimate NEX Remix delete. So decided to delete it (for whatever reason) and after i deleted it, it said delete failed but the it was gone after pressing ok. I was a little confused but shrugged it off like it was nothing but then when i went to the home menu, EVERYTHING was gone except for my system titles AND WarioWare: Touched! I was a little terrified and i was so worried because The Homebrew Launcher AND FBI was gone too. I decided to launch WarioWare: Touched! and that is when it went straight to the dreaded ds white screen for a split second and then to sleep mode... I was even more worried. Which was then i hooked up the next day to see wtf was going on and after none of my questions were answered at all, I decided to come here to GBATemp. (The date below my stats is when i was looking for answers about my problem by the way.) Of course No one answered at all... except for a couple people who didnt know what to do... but then i remembered that i can simply launch the rosalina menu and injected the homebrew menu to another app and the homebrew launcher launched thankfully and i still had FBI in it. so i launched FBI to reinstall my titles and it said "FAT Operation Denied" (those exact words by the way.) I was even MORE worried and hoped there was answers on GBATemp and no one answered still... However i could STILL launch the titles WITHIN FBI itself and they did boot thankfully. but i still couldnt download the apps and cant even launch some of them. So that is when i came up with the most dumbest idea i ever had... and that was uninstalling CFW... the next day that is what i did and it did uninstall and after that i was gonna try to redo the Frogminer setup and when trying to launch the JPN Flipnote Studio it went to the DS White screen for a split second and then sleep mode... I was just dreading in tears and fear that i can no longer install CFW and unfortunately that was when TurdPooCharger had an idea to restore the FBI files bla bla bla not important but that was when my CFW was already uninstalled... and then i got a flashcart from a great guy on GBATemp and thinking i had nothing to lose i managed to get NTRBoothax injected to the flash cart and then reinstalled CFW again. That was when i KNEW i had to get down to business and try to fix my DS Mode. That was how this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-ds-mode-is-still-bricked.529108/ was born...

sorry for a VERY long thread i just thought i might as well put in a possible reason my ds mode got bricked...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CTRTransfer (Type D9) script has been updated to version 1.3. I'm not sure if the name description is appropriate anymore as the script now does several stuff not related to CTRTransfer.

You can read the finer details about these in the release page.
  • [improved] DSiWare CIAs & Saves
  • [improved] Fix movable.sed KeyY
  • [new] Remap Rosalina combo
  • [new] Rebuild 3DS Database

There was an idea that didn't make the cut...
  • [rejected] Rosalina HBL injection
I decided against implementing this because I don't want noobies not learning how to manually Rosalina inject Homebrew Launcher to the various system titles or HBL wrapper.
There is still the Inject HBL to Camera, but this is only really meant to be used for this script's CTRTransfer region changing & reinstalling system tickets, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CTRTransfer (Type D9) script has been updated to version 1.3. I'm not sure if the name description is appropriate anymore as the script now does several stuff not related to CTRTransfer.

You can read the finer details about these in the release page.
  • [improved] DSiWare CIAs & Saves
  • [improved] Fix movable.sed KeyY
  • [new] Remap Rosalina combo
  • [new] Rebuild 3DS Database

There was an idea that didn't make the cut...
  • [rejected] Rosalina HBL injection
I decided against implementing this because I don't want noobies not learning how to manually Rosalina inject Homebrew Launcher to the various system titles or HBL wrapper.
There is still the Inject HBL to Camera, but this is only really meant to be used for this script's CTRTransfer region changing & reinstalling system tickets, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yea that's true XD but then again u can literally just go to any app and just do that lol

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How you can do that??
Maybe is a way to compile with autobrightness disabled ??
I disabled the boot splash by commenting it out or removing it entirely and compiling it.
(it's been a while, can't remember which I did)

There are instructions on the godmode9 github page that describe how to compile it with a fixed brightness:
https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9

Pagnea

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I disabled the boot splash by commenting it out or removing it entirely and compiling it.
(it's been a while, can't remember which I did)

I can’t compile with “make SCRIPT_RUNNER=1“ and “make FIXED_BRIGHTNESS=x” (i know x is a between 0 and 15) booth once, Is this possible to do??, thank you for your help.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t compile with “make SCRIPT_RUNNER=1“ and “make FIXED_BRIGHTNESS=x” (i know x is a between 0 and 15) booth once, Is this possible to do??, thank you for your help.
Seems to be compiling with both of those options just fine on my end.

Are you sure you have autorun.gm9 in your data folder, and the correct dependencies installed for compiling Godmode9?

Pagnea

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Seems to be compiling with both of those options just fine on my end.

Are you sure you have autorun.gm9 in your data folder, and the correct dependencies installed for compiling Godmode9?
Yes and “aeskeydb.bin” too, if I compile only with “make SCRIPT_RUNNER=1” works perfectly, but I want to make a “.firm” to show the system version directly from nand, the code is correct but I want without splash screen and with maximum screen brightness, when I see your compilation I feel really impressed because I think the splash was unable to disable.

D

Deleted User

sysDSi
I'm a beginner of wrighting gm9 script.(and English)
This is my first gm9 script^_^
Using this script, you can install DSiWare system titles on HomeMenu easily.
(DSiWare system titles mean "DS Download Play" and "DS Internet Settings".)
It may not be essential, but it can be useful in some cases.
Download:https://github.com/HIDE810/MyGM9Script/releases/download/1.0/sysDSi.gm9

CleanGM9Out
You can remove unnecessary files in gm9/out/.
Download:https://github.com/HIDE810/MyGM9Script/releases/download/1.0/CleanGM9Out.gm9

Credit: @TurdPooCharger - teaching me DSiWare system and some help

If I make a new script, I'll release here.
https://github.com/HIDE810/MyGM9Script

Thanks.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysDSi

I'm a beginner of wrighting gm9 script.(and English)
This is my first gm9 script^_^
Using this script, you can install system DSiWare on HomeMenu easily.
(e.g. DSi Camera, DS Download Play, ...)
And this script has a few useful options to do it.
It may not be essential, but it can be useful in some cases.

Credit: @TurdPooCharger - teaching me DSiWare system

Thanks.

I'm peer reviewing your code. Please standby.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm still unfamiliar with writing code, so I would appreciate any advice.
Sadly I'm also not really familiar with coding. Nevertheless I found a type in the script (twice)

find 2:/title/00030004/484e4441/content/*.tmd TITLEPATH
find 2:/title/00030004/42383841/content/*.tmd TITLEPATH

These titles (with 4) do no exist by default – this is probably the reason for the dump options in the first place. I guess the 4 has to be a 5 in both cases (after changing this the script worked for me). Built standard .CIA files, changed the values inside the files and after installing them with FBI both appeared on the Home Screen. All good.

Edit
One question: Why did you include an option delete everything in SD:/gm9/out ?
Okay it asks one time "Do you want to delete everything…" It's just that many users are quick with pressing buttons and realize later what they have done. The equivalent of rm -rf within a script is pretty dangerous in my opinion. I tried it and it destroyed my complete gm9/out folder in seconds (don't worry it was on purpose after making a backup). Although people are repeatedly asked to back up their stuff, many simply do not follow this advise. Such an option could delete a very important NAND backup. ("Clean up my SD? Sounds good. More space for games!")

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
D

Deleted User

Okay it asks one time "Do you want to delete everything…" It's just that many users are quick with pressing buttons and realize later what they have done. The equivalent of rm -rf within a script is pretty dangerous in my opinion. I tried it and it destroyed my complete gm9/out folder in seconds (don't worry it was on purpose after making a backup). Although people are repeatedly asked to back up their stuff, many simply do not follow this advise. Such an option could delete a very important NAND backup. ("Clean up my SD? Sounds good. More space for games!")
That's exactly right. I completely forgot to erase the script I made for testing. I'll remove this option and fix some points. Please wait.

GBAVCSM - TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAVCSM - Main Menu.png

GBAVCSM - Save Options.png

GBAVCSM (Game Boy Advance Virtual Console Save Manager)

Credit

@Aurora Wright - Research in AGB_FIRM save types and sizes.
@d0k3 - Research in GBA VC *.sav and agbsave.bin CMACs.
@Wolfvak - Peer reviewed the initial rough draft code for CMAC handling the GBA VC saves on the SD card.
@CheatFreak47 - Research in EEPROM saves 0x8 bytes flipping.
@KleinesSinchen - Very thorough safety, critical functions, validation, and stress testings.
@EventAssistant (Bernardo Giordano) - Save manager ideas of cache and naming conventions borrowed from Checkpoint.
@JK_ - Save manager ideas of a bare minimum user interference appropriate for gm9 script borrowed from JKSM.
Nintendo - Box icon's simple style inspired from CTR SDK dev tools.

Release Page
Description
A gm9 script dedicated to handling GBA VC saves.

Features

• Automatically mass dump all the GBA VC saves in one go. Caching the titles list is not required.
    • :!: Carefully read the top screen's ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.
  • Extract the *.gba roms from the individual injections.
  • User customizable script icon, title box art, and save folder's name & directory.
    • See further details in the option, About the script.
    • Edit the settings with a text editor like Notepad or Programmer's Notepad.
Box Arts, Banners, Screenshots, Rom Info Lookup

Notes

1.This initial v1.0 release does not support direct injection. The user is required to manually select their save file copied to the [9:] RAMDRIVE and then inject it to the agbsave.bin found in [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL.
  • Update edit (January-17-2020): The v1.2 release supports direct injection.
2. The [9:] RAMDRIVE was chosen for its availability on both o3DS and n3DS series systems, close proximity to the [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL, and no need for post cleanup as the file erases itself after closing GodMode9.
  • Update edit (January-17-2020): For the v1.2 release, this only applies for EEPROM 64k saves when the EEPROM 64k Mode is set to manual.
3. Unlike the method found below, you can inject saves for multiple titles in a single session. The process of going back and forth exiting GodMode9, launching the GBA VC title, and going back to GodMode9 is eliminated.
4. A newly installed GBA VC title needs to be launched at least once in order to initialized its save. If the save isn't initialized, the script will fail to find the title in a cache search.

5. Rebuild Cache (Auto) - :!: Carefully read the top screen's ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.

6. Update Cache (Manual) - To find newly installed games so that they can be added,
  1. [A:] SYSNAND SD/title/00040000 → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) → Search for titles.
  2. Use pen(cil) and paper to write down their TitleIDs.

7. A title's folder name and NAME_* cache are adjustable. However, changing the NAME_* affect its save folder's name.

8. For faster performance and until the next stable release, you may use the experimental build GodMode9 v1.8.0-77-g65c605f5 found here.
  • GodMode9 v1.9.1 (or newer) is available here.

9. To quickly switch from HOME Menu / NATIVE_FIRM to GodMode9, press (L)-shoulder + (DOWN) d-pad + (SELECT) to open Rosalina menu, press (UP) d-pad twice, Reboot, and then quickly press & hold (START) button to access Luma3DS chainloader.

10. Early in its development, this script was internally known as project TOTO. The code name was adopted in jest to the person who helped out the most, and it stems from this individual's game character. However, the actual meaning or backstory of the name and how it came to be was never divulged; whoever this original TOTO refers to remains a mystery.​

Attachments

• Inject HBL to game cart.png
    Inject HBL to game cart.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 4,001
  • soundhax.png
    soundhax.png
    308.9 KB · Views: 3,872
  • Option (A) - Description & Instructions.png
    Option (A) - Description & Instructions.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,268
  • Option (B) - Description & Instructions.png
    Option (B) - Description & Instructions.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 3,249
  • Option (C) - Description & Instructions.png
    Option (C) - Description & Instructions.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 3,192
  • signs_damaged_database.png
    signs_damaged_database.png
    309.9 KB · Views: 637
  • H2testw_menu.png
    H2testw_menu.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 6,481
  • Restore_nonlegit_titles_tickets.png
    Restore_nonlegit_titles_tickets.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 3,168
  • H2testw_results.png
    H2testw_results.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 6,473
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 179458 View attachment 179459

GBAVCSM (Game Boy Advance Virtual Console Save Manager)

Credit

@Aurora Wright - Research in AGB_FIRM save types and sizes.
@d0k3 - Research in GBA VC *.sav and agbsave.bin CMACs.
@CheatFreak47 - Research in EEPROM saves 0x8 bytes flipping.
@KleinesSinchen - Very thorough safety, critical functions, validation. and stress testings.
@EventAssistant (Bernardo Giordano) - Save manager ideas of cache and naming conventions borrowed from Checkpoint.
@JK_ - Save manager ideas of a bare minimum user interference appropriate for gm9 script borrowed from JKSM.
Nintendo - Box icon's simple style inspired from CTR SDK dev tools.

Release Page
Description
A gm9 script dedicated to handling GBA VC saves.

Features

• Automatically mass dump all the GBA VC saves in one go. Caching the titles list is not required.
    • :!: Carefully read the top screen's ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.
  • Extract the *.gba roms from the individual injections.
  • User customizable script icon, title box art, and save folder's name & directory.
    • See further details in the option, About the script.
    • Edit the settings with a text editor like Notepad or Programmer's Notepad.
Box Arts, Banners, Screenshots, Rom Info Lookup

Notes

1.This initial v1.0 release does not support direct injection. The user is required to manually select their save file copied to the [9:] RAMDRIVE and then inject it to the agbsave.bin found in [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL.​

2. The [9:] RAMDRIVE was chosen for its availability on both o3DS and n3DS series systems, close proximity to the [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL, and no need for post cleanup as the file erases itself after closing GodMode9.​

3. Unlike the method found below, you can inject saves for multiple titles in a single session. The process of going back and forth exiting GodMode9, launching the GBA VC title, and going back to GodMode9 is eliminated.
4. A newly installed GBA VC title needs to be launched at least once in order to initialized its save. If the save isn't initialized, the script will fail to find the title in a cache search.

5. Rebuild Cache (Auto) - :!: Carefully read the top screen's ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.

6. Update Cache (Manual) - To find newly installed games so that they can be added,
  1. [A:] SYSNAND SD/title/00040000 → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) → Search for titles.
  2. Use pen(cil) and paper to write down their TitleIDs.

7. A title's folder name and NAME_* cache are adjustable. However, changing the NAME_* affect its save folder's name.

8. For faster performance and until the next stable release, you may use the experimental build GodMode9 v1.8.0-77-g65c605f5 found here.

9. Early in its development, this script was internally known as project TOTO. The code name was adopted in jest to the person who helped out the most, and it stems from this individual's game character. However, the actual meaning or backstory of the name and how it came to be was never divulged; whoever this original TOTO refers to remains a mystery even to me.​
neat

Update to 1.1
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who downloaded and is using the v1.0 of GBAVCSM, please update to v1.1.

Apologies to those who may have been negatively affected by these late discovered bugs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1