my DS Mode is Still bricked!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CodyWGamer, Jan 17, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  3. yes but it's fixed

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. no i have a different ds mode problem...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CodyWGamer
    OP

CodyWGamer GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    So I Installed CFW before using frogminer and after that everything was normal and then a couple weeks later i had some problems with FBI and so i uninstalled CFW bla bla bla and my ds mode got bricked so i got a flashcart and used the multisystem method to install CFW it worked and now i'm currently trying to unbrick my ds mode and nothing works i used this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting.html and i installed the cias and it STILL didnt work ds mode was still bricked and so i used google to see if anyone else had the same problem and solved it but nothing so it seems that im the only one right now so can somebody please help me?

3DSCFWROX likes this.
  2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Buddy, you gotta work on your punctuation. While readable, those run-on sentences cries of desperation.

Okay, first thing first, check your SD card.
    1. Copy everything off the card onto a computer.
    2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if it's bigger than 32 GB).
    3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. Don't skip this step.
    Report back your results after the scan is complete.

dpad_5678 and MythicalData like this.
  3. Hayato213
    This message by Hayato213 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Feb 4, 2019, Reason: Empty.
    Jan 17, 2019
  4. CodyWGamer
    OP

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    sorry about the grammar lol anyways i tried this and it says it's completly fine and my sd card has 4GB of storage

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i dont need that step i already have CFW

3DSCFWROX likes this.
  5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Yea I notice, ignore that. Good idea to check your card with H2testw that @TurdPooCharger mentioned, problem might be the card.

6. CodyWGamer
    OP

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    also then again i also cant restore the flash on my flashcart either but i dont care about that at the moment

3DSCFWROX likes this.
  7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    When did you scan the card with H2testw? You have to run the test on an empty card. Also, if nothing is written to the card, or the test finishes in an instant stating there isn't any errors, I failed to mentioned that too is also a failure mode.

8. CodyWGamer
    OP

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    i checked it yesterday, i formatted my sd card to fat32 and 32KB cluster size after copying the files and it took 15 to 30 minutes to say there are no problems

3DSCFWROX likes this.
  9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It doesn't mean the card full size is what it is advertised to be, there are a lot of fake card out there, that why @TurdPooCharger asks you to run a H2testw scan.

10. CodyWGamer
    OP

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    i know and i tested it in the scan and it says it was fine

3DSCFWROX likes this.
  11. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Have you tried installing any DSiWare *.cia games? None of them work, right?

Or is your DS mode that's broken in terms of using DS cart games?

12. CodyWGamer
    OP

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    i cant load ds download play or ds internet settings or play a ds cart game nor dsiware games it all turns to a black screen

3DSCFWROX likes this.
  13. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  14. CodyWGamer
    OP

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    3DSCFWROX likes this.
  15. CodyWGamer
    OP

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    alright so i finally got to it and did the transfer but the weird thing is i THINK ds mode is still bricked... the difference is my ds mode doesnt immedidatly go to sleep mode instead it just goes to a black screen so..... progress maybe?

3DSCFWROX likes this.
  16. LowEndC
    This message by LowEndC has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Feb 4, 2019, Reason: One-word post.
    Feb 4, 2019
  17. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Have you restored the ds mode after using the frogtool? Or was this issue before modding the console?

18. LowEndC
    This message by LowEndC has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Feb 5, 2019.
    Feb 5, 2019
  19. AmandaRose
    This message by AmandaRose has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Feb 5, 2019.
    Feb 5, 2019
  20. LowEndC
    This message by LowEndC has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Feb 5, 2019.
    Feb 5, 2019
  21. AmandaRose
    This message by AmandaRose has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Feb 5, 2019.
    Feb 5, 2019
  22. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    btw on another note if in the USA.....make SURE you use a vpn for those files can't stress enough I got a strike just for dling the files to fix my ds mode a while back

23. LowEndC
    Feb 5, 2019
  24. BaamAlex
    This message by BaamAlex has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Feb 5, 2019.
    Feb 5, 2019
  25. LowEndC
    Feb 5, 2019
  26. BaamAlex
    This message by BaamAlex has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Feb 5, 2019.
    Feb 5, 2019
  27. LowEndC
    Feb 5, 2019
  28. BaamAlex
    Feb 5, 2019
  29. LowEndC
    Feb 5, 2019
  30. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    just go to fbi and delete all the purple titles and try again. it worked for me. i also deleted the last red title and reinstalled it. i dont know if its necessary.

LowEndC likes this.
  31. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    Guys, let's stay on topic.

32. LowEndC
    Feb 5, 2019
  33. CodyWGamer
    OP

Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    i did that and it didnt work

3DSCFWROX likes this.
  34. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Have you restored the ds download Play? I mean the unpatched one?