Hacking my DS Mode is Still bricked!

are you having the same problem?

• Yes

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • yes but it's fixed

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • no i have a different ds mode problem...

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I Installed CFW before using frogminer and after that everything was normal and then a couple weeks later i had some problems with FBI and so i uninstalled CFW bla bla bla and my ds mode got bricked so i got a flashcart and used the multisystem method to install CFW it worked and now i'm currently trying to unbrick my ds mode and nothing works i used this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting.html and i installed the cias and it STILL didnt work ds mode was still bricked and so i used google to see if anyone else had the same problem and solved it but nothing so it seems that im the only one right now so can somebody please help me?

Reactions: 3DSCFWROX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buddy, you gotta work on your punctuation. While readable, those run-on sentences cries of desperation.

Okay, first thing first, check your SD card.
  1. Copy everything off the card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if it's bigger than 32 GB).
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. Don't skip this step.
Report back your results after the scan is complete.

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buddy, you gotta work on your punctuation. While readable, those run-on sentences cries of desperation.

Okay, first thing first, check your SD card.
  1. Copy everything off the card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if it's bigger than 32 GB).
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. Don't skip this step.
Report back your results after the scan is complete.
sorry about the grammar lol anyways i tried this and it says it's completly fine and my sd card has 4GB of storage

-snip-

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed reply to deleted post
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry about the grammar lol anyways i tried this and it says it's completly fine and my sd card has 4GB of storage

-snip-
When did you scan the card with H2testw? You have to run the test on an empty card. Also, if nothing is written to the card, or the test finishes in an instant stating there isn't any errors, I failed to mentioned that too is also a failure mode.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did you scan the card with H2testw? You have to run the test on an empty card. Also, if nothing is written to the card, or the test finishes in an instant stating there isn't any errors, I failed to mentioned that too is also a failure mode.
i checked it yesterday, i formatted my sd card to fat32 and 32KB cluster size after copying the files and it took 15 to 30 minutes to say there are no problems

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i checked it yesterday, i formatted my sd card to fat32 and 32KB cluster size after copying the files and it took 15 to 30 minutes to say there are no problems

It doesn't mean the card full size is what it is advertised to be, there are a lot of fake card out there, that why @TurdPooCharger asks you to run a H2testw scan.

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried installing any DSiWare *.cia games? None of them work, right?

Or is your DS mode that's broken in terms of using DS cart games?
i cant load ds download play or ds internet settings or play a ds cart game nor dsiware games it all turns to a black screen

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your help so far. I will take a look for now and i will keep you posted.
alright so i finally got to it and did the transfer but the weird thing is i THINK ds mode is still bricked... the difference is my ds mode doesnt immedidatly go to sleep mode instead it just goes to a black screen so..... progress maybe?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw on another note if in the USA.....make SURE you use a vpn for those files can't stress enough I got a strike just for dling the files to fix my ds mode a while back

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
just go to fbi and delete all the purple titles and try again. it worked for me. i also deleted the last red title and reinstalled it. i dont know if its necessary.

Reactions: LowEndC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1