[RELEASE] Fruit'Y port for Nintendo Switch - Retroguru Team

fruity.gif

Fruit'Y - Playing with edibles is heavily inspired by the Kaiko classic Gem'X, which has been seen on computers such as the Commodore Amiga 500, Commodore 64 and Atari ST.

Although tiger mum forbids little Sheran to play with edibles, there is simply no way to stop him from playing with fruits found inside the deep jungle. Being shiny, smelling wonderful and tasting even better Sheran can't be kept away. So let's do the best we could do: Support him!

The game consists of two boards of fruits. The left field belongs to Sheran who needs to reproduce the right field 1:1 being able to proceed to the next level. Sounds easy?!

There is a total of five fruits. Once you control Sheran's prank and activate a field, the fruit inside the activated field morphs two steps, while the other fields located above, below, to the left and to the right, morph the fruit located inside only once.

The order of fruits is shown in the middle of the playing field.
Mango -> Turns into an orange
Orange -> Turns into a banana
Banana -> Turns into a pear
Pear -> Turns into an apple
Apple -> Turns into nothing, the apple disappears.

Don't forget: Hit on the spot, the fruit morphs two steps, while the surrounding neighbour fruits only morph once. It's not difficult to understand, just play the first few levels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The code is closed source and copyright of Retroguru (www.retroguru.com)

Release link : http://www.retroguru.com/fruity/fruity-v.latest-nintendoswitch.zip
Check the Fruit'Y page www.retroguru.com/fruity for other platforms ports of this game.

This homebrew is based on libnx and uses the libSDL for Nintendo Switch

Fruity Trailer

Releases

v1.0 RC1 (17 march 2018)
- Added HW fullscreen scaling
- Aded sound

v0.2 alpha release (02 march 2018)
- Fixed keys issue
- Aded touch screen support

v0.1 alpha release (28 february 2018)
- No sound yet (audio not implemented in LibSDL for Switch)
- Tested only on RyujiNX emulator.
- On a real console could crash on exit (issue related to the alpha version of the libSDL port to Switch) - to be tested

Screenshots

Fruity.png

Installation

Put the content of the zip in the root of the Switch SD card (maintaining the directory structure) and launch it with the HB laucher.

You can run the game on RyujiNX too: extract the content of the zip in the %%appdata%%\RyuFs\sdmc folder and drag the nro file on Ryujinx.exe.

Note: on windows the %%appdata%% folder is \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming

Last edited by nop90,

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The latest nro works as one would expect (prints down when the button is pressed and up when the button is no longer pressed).

Regarding the files: I'm not sure about the purpose of .nso. The hblauncher only reads .nro files. The header is integrated into the nro.

Thanks, it's not easy to apply the same fix to the libSDL, but I'll try.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tryed a quick fix. Please test the attached version of fruity (you need the other files of the package linked in the OP) an let me know if the keys are handled correctly now. Thanks.

Attachments

• fruity.zip
    239 KB · Views: 145

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tryed a quick fix. Please test the attached version of fruity (you need the other files of the package linked in the OP) an let me know if the keys are handled correctly now. Thanks.
The button presses only get recognized when you release it. It would be more natural if it would get recognized as soon as the button is pressed.
Seems to work as expected apart from that.

/edit
I think that the framerate is pretty low.

/edit 2
Still crashes when you select "EXIT" in the menu. error code 2162-0002.

Last edited by Technicmaster0,

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The button presses only get recognized when you release it. It would be more natural if it would get recognized as soon as the button is pressed.
Seems to work as expected apart from that.

/edit
I think that the framerate is pretty low.

Thanks, I'll check it.

Anyway on RyujiNX discord two hours ago gdkChan said that the key repeat problem I reported has been fixed. So now i can test on my own.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

About the two Edits:

The fix I applied breaks the fps control, because vsync has to be called every time pumpevents is called, so skipping frames doesn't work. The way the hid is handled in libnx is very incompatile with SDL logic, and I can't do anything about it. I hope things will change in the future with a HID handling refactoring.

if this wont happen, having GPU blitting could speed up everything.

Try running the game at 640x480, this should help a little.

About the exit code error, I don't know the cause yet. My SDL port works fine under many aspects, but is in itìs aplha stage. I'll continue improving it.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This was a bug in libnx and we fixed it, recompile with latest and you'll see it works now
Thanks for your work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is how the game is coded. I's not a bug.

But I agree it's not natural. I'll talk about it with the other members of the team to see if there is a reason for this.

Last edited by nop90,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think that there is no probelm in pFBA. It's goal is that you can hold the button to scroll fast or that you can make fast presses to scroll only one option per press. It's pretty perfect for it's purpose.

EvilG31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a fun little game - I think I'd play more it if the controls weren't so frustrating. I still beat a couple of levels. Also - it did crash on exit.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a fun little game - I think I'd play more it if the controls weren't so frustrating. I still beat a couple of levels. Also - it did crash on exit.

I'm going to release today or tomorrow. Already fixed the key repeat issue (was fixed in libnx) but I want to better map the controls.

Any suggestion?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch