Homebrew OpenArenaNX - OpenArena port for Nintendo Switch

Heat87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Huh, that's weird, I haven't run into anything like that in my testing but I'll play a match tonight to see if I can replicate it. Gyro can be enabled/disabled from the Setup -> Controls menu in the main menu of the game (not the in-game/in-match menu at the moment) . Unfortunately there's no options to adjust the joystick sensitivity in-game (this is an issue with the ioquake3 engine in general since the joystick code is quite hacky, I'm hoping to implement some custom sliders eventually when I better understand .QVM code) but you can use the console commands "/j_pitch VALUEHERE" and "j_yaw VALUEHERE" to adjust the right-stick sensitivity, the defaults for yaw being -0.008 and pitch 0.007, or you can modify those values in q3config.cfg.
Is it possible to invert the y-axis of the right analog stick ?

Synepcice

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello , I tried to launch the Game (R+Game methode) but , it's getting message "An error occurred , back to home menu".
There is no Crash Log in the folder. I had copy everything well (Baseq3 and not replacing anything).What Can I do now ? Thanks for replying.

faithvoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
virtual.dimensionless.space
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, sorry for the inactivity, my health hasn't been great recently on top of being super busy, but I finally had some time and energy to get my Switch set up again & recompile this after getting reports that both OpenArenaNX and Q3ArenaNX stopped working some firmware update ago. I released a hotfix that should solve everything, and VoyagerNX will also get a hotfix ASAP!

https://github.com/faithvoid/OpenArenaNX/releases/tag/0.7.8.1

If you have any issues or code modifications you want pushed to the source code, reach out on GitHub and I'll see what I can do. I'm still researching the ioquake3 source code to figure out how to add a settings toggle for the gyro controls as well as trying to debug the mystery sleep crash issue that's plagued all of my ioquake3 projects, so any help at all on either of those fronts is much appreciated!

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, sorry for the inactivity, my health hasn't been great recently on top of being super busy, but I finally had some time and energy to get my Switch set up again & recompile this after getting reports that both OpenArenaNX and Q3ArenaNX stopped working some firmware update ago. I released a hotfix that should solve everything, and VoyagerNX will also get a hotfix ASAP!
I feel for ya, hope you get better soon. <3

Reactions: faithvoid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1