ROM Hack [Release] FE: Fates Playable Bosses DLC Collection

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emblem crossing, if you want a fun challenge to keep you up while you are pulling an all nighter, here is a challenge: beat all HoF levels on lunatic, without any of the children dying, and the same for hidden truths 1 and 2

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Emblem crossing, if you want a fun challenge to keep you up while you are pulling an all nighter, here is a challenge: beat all HoF levels on lunatic, without any of the children dying, and the same for hidden truths 1 and 2
With one hand ;)

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've done Hidden Truths before, wasn't too bad.

I'm going to keep playing Radiant Dawn until my head turns to mush.

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If/When importing models from awakening becomes a thing, I vote the first character we make is Oscar from the Tellius games.

Picture it, we just recolor Stahl, give him Azama''s face textures, and boom, semi legit Oscar.

I'm on a huge Oscar kick rn. He's so good for me.

Reactions: Thunder Kai

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If/When importing models from awakening becomes a thing, I vote the first character we make is Oscar from the Tellius games.

Picture it, we just recolor Stahl, give him Azama''s face textures, and boom, semi legit Oscar.

I'm on a huge Oscar kick rn. He's so good for me.

I would love that. Oscar saved my ass a few times in path of radiance

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love that. Oscar saved my ass a few times in path of radiance

On Chapter 10 I think, (the one with the boats?) Titania got herself Critted by the boss, and managed to die (She had 20 health, he got a crit for 7x3 damage) on the last turn, and she died. I had already been playing that chapter for at least a few days, said goodbye and moved on. Oscar proceeded to be a god, and destroyed everything in his path. Somehow he also was a dodge tank.

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Chapter 10 I think, (the one with the boats?) Titania got herself Critted by the boss, and managed to die (She had 20 health, he got a crit for 7x3 damage) on the last turn, and she died. I had already been playing that chapter for at least a few days, said goodbye and moved on. Oscar proceeded to be a god, and destroyed everything in his path. Somehow he also was a dodge tank.
Holy shit. Losing titania is a shame. Her Axe paladin, and 60% str and 50% spd growth make her a valuable unit. She's kinda but not really like jeagan, but with growths that don't suck ass. But however, A god like oscar is worth the trade off. There are just some chapters in FE games where if a unit dies, you just say, fuck it, let's move on. For example in Battle before dawn (FE7), i was playing on HHM. On Turn 9, Canas died. On turn 13, kent died. And to finish the shit show, on turn 14, hawkeye got doubled by ursula's bolting. Was a shame to lose those guys, but i just had to move on

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here is a question for all of the FE Fates players in this thread. Would you rather play the japanese version of fates in english, but poorly translated (Like, babelfish levels of terrible translation) and with midi sound files, or the regular USA version of fates

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here is a question for all of the FE Fates players in this thread. Would you rather play the japanese version of fates in english, but poorly translated (Like, babelfish levels of terrible translation) and with midi sound files, or the regular USA version of fates

Eh, I would prefer the localized version. I've finally gotten used to it, so I don't know if I could go back at this point..

Omegablu, I miss you

Reactions: Thunder Kai

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, to illustrate how bad the translation would be, here are some hypothetical lines from the end of paralogues 2 and chapter 2 or 3, translated by babel fish and google

Terrible translations
Japanese to english

Original line:I do not have to hold back from now on, right ? . We will always be together, Right? I am so happy!

Babel fish:To come back from now, hold no rights? We are always together, right? I am very happy!

Google:
Now in order to hold back from now , or do not have the right . We are always together , right? I am very happy!

Round 2
Original line :The divine dragon, our ancient god, has had its blood passed down from our ancestors to this royal family.
We can destroy the enemy with its power.

babel fish: Divine Dragon, ancient gods and their blood to this Royal family have received successive Kate from our ancestors.
You can in its power to destroy the enemy.

Google: Dongfeng Kami , the ancient god, has been handed down the blood to the royal family from our ancestors.
You can destroy the enemy with the force.

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, to illustrate how bad the translation would be, here are some hypothetical lines from the end of paralogues 2 and chapter 2 or 3, translated by babel fish and google

Terrible translations
Japanese to english

Original line:I do not have to hold back from now on, right ? . We will always be together, Right? I am so happy!

Babel fish:To come back from now, hold no rights? We are always together, right? I am very happy!

Google:
Now in order to hold back from now , or do not have the right . We are always together , right? I am very happy!

Round 2
Original line :The divine dragon, our ancient god, has had its blood passed down from our ancestors to this royal family.
We can destroy the enemy with its power.

babel fish: Divine Dragon, ancient gods and their blood to this Royal family have received successive Kate from our ancestors.
You can in its power to destroy the enemy.

Google: Dongfeng Kami , the ancient god, has been handed down the blood to the royal family from our ancestors.
You can destroy the enemy with the force.
There already is a translated version

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There already is a translated version
I know, but it was for the would you rather i wrote earlier
Edit: Now i know the confusion. I proposed the japanese version earlier because there are some benefits to playing it, such as early access to hoshido festival, amie/face rubbing still in, and the swimsuits. Sorry for any confusion

Last edited by Laith K,

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but it was for the would you rather i wrote earlier
Edit: Now i know the confusion. I proposed the japanese version earlier because there are some benefits to playing it, such as early access to hoshido festival, amie/face rubbing still in, and the swimsuits. Sorry for any confusion

I do miss face rubbing in public.

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...I don't see why I'd want to go with a broken translation unless it was the only thing there was, I'd much rather stumble my way through the Japanese game.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.