• Views 1,492,782
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@suzsuzuki is correct. Titledb option shows all version you installed and not only the last one like the previous version of FBI. I attached a pic.
View attachment 115927
Yeah annoying issue, I gonna put a suggestion on github for a option to mark all homebred installed as the latest one so I don't need to download then all again.

Reactions: Giodude

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

Why some cias I get from wiiu usb helper or ciangel install correctly with FBI but then the games crashes with error on launch?
This doesn't happen with all titles. Only some of them.
I noticed the cias that fail to launch, also can't be decrypted with godmode9. It says "decryption failed".
Am I missing some files for installing/decrypting all titles?
THanks

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone build the latest version (nightly)? I used to get it here but it's dead:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/automatic-builds-of-popular-3ds-cfw-tools.455003/
You should learn to do this yourself. It's not hard. After I set up a dev environment, I made a batchfile (and a Linux script, since I've taken a liking to building things in a Ubuntu VM), so I literally just have to open a terminal (or command prompt in Windows), jump into the FBI tree, and type "update". That's it. Latest is built.

Attachments

• FBI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 235
Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: suzsuzuki

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should learn to do this yourself. It's not hard. After I set up a dev environment, I made a batchfile (and a Linux script, since I've taken a liking to building things in a Ubuntu VM), so I literally just have to open a terminal (or command prompt in Windows), jump into the FBI tree, and type "update". That's it. Latest is built.
Thank you! I had a setup to do this, then I updated to the latest version of devkitarm and messed everything. Now I can't compIle without errors

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Why some cias I get from wiiu usb helper or ciangel install correctly with FBI but then the games crashes with error on launch?
This doesn't happen with all titles. Only some of them.
I noticed the cias that fail to launch, also can't be decrypted with godmode9. It says "decryption failed".
Am I missing some files for installing/decrypting all titles?
THanks
Being unable to decrypt them means that the CIAs are bad. You’ve got some problem with the actual CIA, or perhaps the way they downloaded. First of all, go to the broken CIA file(s) in GM9, and go to CIA Image Options.... -> Verify File. If this fails, then the CIA is corrupted. If it succeeds, well....I don’t really know the problem if that happens. Then, redownload the same CIAs. Try to verify those, and also check the SHA-256 (or MD5 if it’s easier) of both CIAs. If it’s the same, you have some problem with your downloader likely. If they are different, try to verify the new CIA file, and try installing it.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Being unable to decrypt them means that the CIAs are bad. You’ve got some problem with the actual CIA, or perhaps the way they downloaded. First of all, go to the broken CIA file(s) in GM9, and go to CIA Image Options.... -> Verify File. If this fails, then the CIA is corrupted. If it succeeds, well....I don’t really know the problem if that happens. Then, redownload the same CIAs. Try to verify those, and also check the SHA-256 (or MD5 if it’s easier) of both CIAs. If it’s the same, you have some problem with your downloader likely. If they are different, try to verify the new CIA file, and try installing it.

I realized the problem cias are OK!
They are only more encripted than the others.. with a more secure encription scheme.

I had to download a file called "aeskeydb.bin" and decrypt them with gm9 before installing them with FBI. Without this file the decription proccess fails.
I found this weired because I googled for this problem and no one seems to find a cia like this before!

I never installed a game from freeshop because I would like to keep the cia file for offline install on the future if needed.
I wonder if freeshop decrypts the content on the fly while installing.
This could be the reason why nobody have this problem.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal, that FBI can't decrypt the content while installing?
Maybe FBI needs also a file like "aeskeydb.bin" in some folder??

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized the problem cias are OK!
They are only more encripted than the others.. with a more secure encription scheme.

I had to download a file called "aeskeydb.bin" and decrypt them with gm9 before installing them with FBI. Without this file the decription proccess fails.
I found this weired because I googled for this problem and no one seems to find a cia like this before!

I never installed a game from freeshop because I would like to keep the cia file for offline install on the future if needed.
I wonder if freeshop decrypts the content on the fly while installing.
This could be the reason why nobody have this problem.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal, that FBI can't decrypt the content while installing?
Maybe FBI needs also a file like "aeskeydb.bin" in some folder??
Yes, freeShop decrypts the CIAs as they are downloaded. Now, someone may want to correct me kn this, but iirc certain keys found in an aeskeydb are needed to decrypt certain CIAs. I think these CIAs are uncommon however. Either way, you should always have a perfect aeskeydb.bin on hand somewhere since it comes in handy for decryption of various things (otp, firm, ncch, and others, it’s documented in GM9 README).

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
After lots of searching I discovered that an encrypted cia that didn't work for me in the past, suddenly started workink (that confused me), was because at some point I connected the console to the internet and FBI installed a seed on the background.
I deleted the seed database and guess what! The game stopped working again!

With that seed I was able to decrypt the cia. Now I don't need that seed anymore and I can keep the cia for a standalone offline install!

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, captain obvious. Should we start with numbers and colors next or jump right in to punctuation?

You don't know my "story".
I was "studying" this seed stuff because there's not too much info about how to tell if a cia will need a seed or not.
If FBI installed everything needed on the background, Yeah.... the game works, who cares??
But how do you know if the game you are playing is dependent on a seed or not? You will never know. That's why I deleted the seed database. So I can find the dependent cias.
What about when Big N shutts down their servers? Where FBI is going to donwnload the seeds?? You can install them manually but it's anoying.
I'm creating a cia offline database that does not depend on seed anymore to work. So you no long need an internet connection or a seed to install a game.

When the 3ds become obsolete I can still delete and install a game simply as that! I'm a retro fan and I think on the future, so I can play games of the past!!

Last edited by toxic9,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know my "story".
I was "studying" this seed stuff because there's not too much info about how to tell if a cia will need a seed or not.
If FBI installed everything needed on the background. Yeah.... the game works, who cares??
But how do you know if the game you are playing is dependent on a seed or not? You will never know. That's why I deleted the seed database. So I can find the dependent cias.
What about when Big N shutts down their servers? Where will FBI is going to donwnload the seeds??
I'm creating a cia offline database that does not depend on seed to work. So you no long need an internet connection to install a game.

When the 3ds become obsolete I can still delete and install a game I'm a retro fan!!
umm... why don't you try actually reading the forums? You can already download a single, small file that has every seed in it already. It won't matter in the slightest when 3ds games are taken offline. And yes, we do know which games require a seed. There already IS a database, and it's been around for years.

What else you got? I'm here all night. lol

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
umm... why don't you try actually reading the forums? You can already download a single, small file that has every seed in it already. It won't matter in the slightest when 3ds games are taken offline. And yes, we do know which games require a seed. There already IS a database, and it's been around for years.

What else you got? I'm here all night. lol

I want all my cias completely decrypted ( no protection, no seed needed, no seeddb.bin needed. Nothing!). Is this so weird?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want all my cias completely decrypted ( no protection, no seed needed, no seeddb.bin needed. Nothing!). Is this so weird?
Nope. Not at all, and more power to you. What's weird is you posting about a game not working after deleting your seeddb, as if you discovered this new thing...

You might want to read through the 3ds wiki. It will take a whole lot of time to read it all, but you'll find that none of this is new, and you'll learn a whole lot more about how the system works.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Not at all, and more power to you. What's weird is you posting about a game not working after deleting your seeddb, as if you discovered this new thing...

It's a new thing for me. Because I'm giving my first steps on 3ds scene and after installing lots of cias i just found that some work and some not.
I hope it will help some new people before reporting cias as "Bad" cias.
After all I don't understand why people release a cia on the internet without beying all "cracked" (decrypted). On my understanding, a game release should always be "clean". I never noticed protected game releases on any platform before 3ds.

Last edited by toxic9,

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed a number of CIA's using FBI without realising that the 3DS didnt have an internet connection, so no seeds were downloaded.
Is there any way to install all the missing seeds in one go, without having to select 'import seed' on every title individually?

Last edited by Razor83,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a number of CIA's using FBI without realising that the 3DS didnt have an internet connection, so no seeds were downloaded.
Is there anyway to install all the missing seeds in one go, without having to select 'import seed' on every title individually?
hard to answer that question without breaking the rules. All I can say is to search for and import a seeddb.bin

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I have managed to find the latest seeddb.bin, but i'm not sure how i'm meant to import it into NAND?
Are you on B9S? I don't remember if the latest FBI has a function for that or not, but Decrypt9WIP surely does. https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP

EDIT: wait... Decrypt9WIP will update your seeddb.bin on your SD but I guess it doesn't add info to nand. Now I don't know either.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to install all the missing seeds in one go, without having to select 'import seed' on every title individually?

No the only ways are to use fbi's import seed option or go to the games page on the eshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there