[Release] FBI - Open source CIA installer

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Steveice10, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Razor83

Razor83 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2009
    Thanks, I have managed to find the latest seeddb.bin, but i'm not sure how i'm meant to import it into NAND?

2. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Are you on B9S? I don't remember if the latest FBI has a function for that or not, but Decrypt9WIP surely does. https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP

EDIT: wait... Decrypt9WIP will update your seeddb.bin on your SD but I guess it doesn't add info to nand. Now I don't know either.

Last edited by urherenow, May 21, 2018
    GilgameshArcher likes this.
  3. key1340

key1340 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2015
    United States
    No the only ways are to use fbi's import seed option or go to the games page on the eshop.

4. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    Hi!

It could be possible, if someone was able to share a "full" seed database file. I googled for it and found nothing =/
    The only problem is that is has to be encrypted for your 3ds but I think Godmode9 can do this.

5. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    If you're having problems with CIAs that aren't working when launched, try using TIKdevil v0.8 and TIKsweep v1.1.2 to install missing tickets and remove ones that aren't used. These should solve your nonworking titles. Be advised that not every game will be fixed.

In case you have to redownload titles, check freeShop in case what you're looking for is available on that app.

6. toxic9

Dec 13, 2016
    When we install a game cia, FBI creates a folder called "data" where we can find the file 00000001.sav

I would like to create this file manually from the cia, because if we backup this file before launching the game the first time, this file can be used to restore the game to its default just like you never launched it before. Being able to create this file it's the perfect way to "delete game save data". The other way is corrupting the file which I don't like to do.

Can FBI creator, publish a script or portable tool to extract this from the cia? I think the tool need 3ds unique ID to encrypt it.
    Or at least include this option on another FBI release?

Thank you =)

7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    There's no easy way of restoring the 00000001.sav back to a clean, unplayed state unless you made a back up of that save when you first installed the CIA. You'll have to reinstall the CIA again if the game doesn't allow you to reset your saves or delete your player profiles in its title menu.

Don't delete that 00000001.sav file as your game will fail to launch without it nor will the 3DS recreate a new one. The only way you can produce a new .sav is if you reinstall the game.

8. key1340

key1340 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2015
    United States
    You can revert your saves to factory defaults with savedatefiler.

TurdPooCharger and toxic9 like this.
  9. toxic9

Dec 13, 2016
    Thanks =)

This program is a little harder to use. I'm afraid of doing something stupid!
    Let's suppose I want to rever Sonic2 save to its default. The file is on SD\Nintendo 3DS\XXX\YYY\000DB500\data\00000001.sav
    Should I just select SD tab to navigate to this directory?
    What's the difference between User/Ext/SD tabs?
    What is a secure value anyway?

Thanks!

10. key1340

key1340 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2015
    United States
    User is your saves. Ext is your extra data for your saves. SD is the saves you have backed up.

To delete the save for sonic 2 go to user then scroll down to were you can see DB5 code for the game and press x to delete the save.

Some games you need to delete the secure value before you can restore the save.

11. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2015
    France
    edit: answered to something previously answered (but the subsequent messages weren't displayed for me)

Last edited by AyanamiRei, May 27, 2018
  12. toxic9

Dec 13, 2016
    None of the programs I tried can revert the save to its original form.
    The only way I found was unninstall the game and install it again.
    Before launching the game for the first time, I must backup the generated save file.

If I restore this save later, it acts like the game was installed at that moment.

13. Crunky

Crunky Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Okay so i am having a little bit of trouble here.

So basically, i have modded many 3ds systems in the past, and this one is going wrong for some reason unknown. I have followed 3dsguide and i am up to 'Finalizing Setup' i am trying to install all the .cia files needed for the o3ds (such as hb loader, DSP1, lumaupdater) but FBI keeps failing to install anything, i have no idea what is going wrong.
    Whenever i try to install anything this message appears:

Failed to install CIA file.
    Result code: 0xC8804478
    Level: Status (25)
    Summary: Not Found (4)
    Module: FS (17)
    Desc: Doesn't exist / Failed to open (120)

14. urherenow

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    What format is the SD card? Did you try a different one?

15. Crunky

Crunky Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I have reformatted the SD cards to FAT32 and tried different SD cards, i still get the same result

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i believe it is an issue with the 3ds itself, i have used the 'not-working' sd card in another system and it worked.

16. urherenow

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    There could be a problem with the SD socket on that 3ds then.

17. Crunky

Crunky Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I managed to fix the issue, but i had to format the system memory, rip.

18. KuroTheBang

KuroTheBang GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Can someone help me?

I keep getting

„Bad Data (6)“ error when installing from QR

19. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    It means the QR is invalid or the CIA that you get from the QR is bad or corrupt.

20. KizoFCB

KizoFCB Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Egypt
    Hey , i'm having a huge problem , i was following the 3ds.guide for my old 3ds xl 9.4.0-10e using soundhax and so on , i reached finishing the setup and i'm stuck at fbi giving me this error whenever i try to install any cia (attached) then i thought maybe this was an unstable fbi so when i put an older fbi , the homebrew launcher showed it with a ? and unknown author so when i try to open it shows an exception occurred and shuts down the system , using luma 9 homebrew 2 fbi 2.5

Attached Files:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted