ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

dabetax91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just keep chugging gold coins at the statue. The order in which you get stuff is for some reason fixed, so just give yourself 999 coins using the editor and throw at the statue till you finally got it all.

I can't edit the game as i don't have the software. That's why i needed help. Do you think you can help me?

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah that's what you mean. Nah I don't play online at all, plus it took me like 200 coins till I finally had it complete (talking about bad luck with the order of items the game determined for me). Maybe someone else can help you.

This reminds me, I don't know how far the editor is still being developed but aside the obvious item editor (also useful for the case of dabetax91) it would be great to be able to edit the stats in a way that makes you unlock bliss for meeting other players (butterfly task).

dabetax91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ah that's what you mean. Nah I don't play online at all, plus it took me like 200 coins till I finally had it complete (talking about bad luck with the order of items the game determined for me). Maybe someone else can help you.

This reminds me, I don't know how far the editor is still being developed but aside the obvious item editor (also useful for the case of dabetax91) it would be great to be able to edit the stats in a way that makes you unlock bliss for meeting other players (butterfly task).

Could you edit the 999 lunares coins? If yes, would you please help me to get some stuffs from the goddess and trade them to me?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I don't have a third party software. I only have the 3ds and the game. :(

Was hoping someone here would be kind enough to help.
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but this thread was made for those who CAN do it. For everything else there's always gamefaq or something for it. You can always use tubehax or cube ninja and just purchase a gateway/sky3ds. Consider it an investment.

dabetax91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but this thread was made for those who CAN do it. For everything else there's always gamefaq or something for it. You can always use tubehax or cube ninja and just purchase a gateway/sky3ds. Consider it an investment.

Thanks. Never mind then.

dabetax91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Don't get me wrong. The whole process is pretty easy, if you already have the game then just use the tubehax or ironhax to get ninjhax and use that to run the fltool, edit with the save editor and push it back into the system.

Hi Misledz, I don't think i can get a 3ds gateway due to shipping issue and some finance commitment. I was just hoping someone here could help. If not, I'll try to figure another way. Thanks again.

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Misledz, I don't think i can get a 3ds gateway due to shipping issue and some finance commitment
What makes you think you need a gateway? You should read up on what tubehax and ironhax really are. If you can read and follow instructions, you can do it. No need to purchase anything at all.

dabetax91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
What makes you think you need a gateway? You should read up on what tubehax and ironhax really are. If you can read and follow instructions, you can do it. No need to purchase anything at all.

Ok, i just got tubehax starter kit. But I am missing IronFall/ Cubic Ninja...

dabetax91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So i downloaded homebrew starter kit. Guess i still need Ironfall/ cubic ninja to get ninjhax. Those two games are not in the eshop. So i guess its a dead end for me?

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guess i still need Ironfall/ cubic ninja to get ninjhax.
This part alone tells me you are not really reading up on the topic. You can't really expect people to help you out when you're not ready to do the minimal part that is required on your end.

Just realized that besides the obvious item editor it would be great to complete quests / mark conversations as read and get receipes. I just realized that I'm missing one blacksmith receipe and even with the help of the NPC list on the wiki I can't seem to get the last one lol. Hope research progress is going well.
As a side note, since this is something I've been wondering about before: You can set the XP to a very high amount (like mentioned in the "tutorial") without risking weird starts. You will level up to 200 and the XP will show the correct maximum XP number, as well as giving you the right amount of skill points.

Reactions: Misledz

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out how to max out all skills (magic, woodcutting, fishing, etc.) So far I can only get them to max level though, I don't know how to do just one level at a time without ending up with negative exp. Will post a tutorial later as there are still a few skills I'm working on locating.

P.S: If anyone with the expansion and a skill at lvl.20 would share their save file here that would be great (I don't it so I cant get this information myself.)

chirisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out how to max out all skills (magic, woodcutting, fishing, etc.) So far I can only get them to max level though, I don't know how to do just one level at a time without ending up with negative exp. Will post a tutorial later as there are still a few skills I'm working on locating.

P.S: If anyone with the expansion and a skill at lvl.20 would share their save file here that would be great (I don't it so I cant get this information myself.)
ooh if you could post the tutorial it would be great!
Also I have all the magic skills at 20 if you need? and if you do, do you want the uhh normal one or the flsd or something (can't remember but it's the one where you need to edit)

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ooh if you could post the tutorial it would be great!
Also I have all the magic skills at 20 if you need? and if you do, do you want the uhh normal one or the flsd or something (can't remember but it's the one where you need to edit)

Sorry for the late response. I got home late from work. I'm looking for the fl_ext#

Thank you so much!

chirisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late response. I got home late from work. I'm looking for the fl_ext#

Thank you so much!

Alrighties here it is I thinkk you only need the 0 one so . .unless you need 1 and 2 too?
I was going to say I can send you my friend's file cause he maxed out all his attack weapons and some classes skill but I only have the normal file for that since it was a pain installing the tool on his stupid 3DS NEW (I mean come on, who came up with the stupid idea of putting the memory card INSIDE the thing and the only way to get it out is to unscrew the console lid)

I can't find a way to attach the file here (it said format not support) so I hope it's fine if I link here ..
http://www.filedropper.com/usflext0

edit- OH I have ALL of his original files so if you want and you think you can put it in your 3ds and get the flext then I can also upload it

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighties here it is I thinkk you only need the 0 one so . .unless you need 1 and 2 too?
I was going to say I can send you my friend's file cause he maxed out all his attack weapons and some classes skill but I only have the normal file for that since it was a pain installing the tool on his stupid 3DS NEW (I mean come on, who came up with the stupid idea of putting the memory card INSIDE the thing and the only way to get it out is to unscrew the console lid)

I can't find a way to attach the file here (it said format not support) so I hope it's fine if I link here ..
http://www.filedropper.com/usflext0

edit- OH I have ALL of his original files so if you want and you think you can put it in your 3ds and get the flext then I can also upload it

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to get the last bit of data I needed from you. Anyway. Here is the tutorial.

------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: This method of maxing all skills is still very experimental. I'm only sharing this information because more testing needs to be done. So I figured sharing this would help others perfect the method. This being said: BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE REPLACING THEM!

Also, my Hex Editing Vocabulary is non-existent so I'm sorry for the misuse of any terms!

As it was pointed out several pages ago, the offsets for the skills are 0x1fb30 - 0x1fc57, with each skill being made up of 8 bytes.

YKNJo1Z.png

With 0x1fc50 - 0x1fc57, for example, holding the bytes for "Water Magic"

iZZWWEQ.png

The first thing I noticed was that the 5th byte denotes the skill level. In the image bellow for example, we know that this particular skill is at lvl.20 because "14" is the Hexadecimal Value for "20"

8ZVMTqr.png

Keeping this in mind. I tried to change this value on all other skills to max them. However, this didn't work as all it did was give me negative experience, which meant that the skill reverted back to its original level when I tried to use it.

What I realized then was that the 2nd to 4th bytes held information on how much exp had been earned. Unfortunately after researching it I still dont know how exactly how these values work. However, copying the exp (2nd - 4th bytes) along with the skill level (5th byte) over from another skill seems to accurate level up the skill.

SbYwkoR.png

Doing this seems to change/max the skill without it reverting back to the original level. I have successfully done with the magic skills as well as with the dashing/sneaking skills without any problems. My guess is that they will work just as well with the rest of the battle skills. Don't know how well it will work with crafting/gathering, I heard that the number of trees cut, ores mined, fish fished, etc. is recorded somewhere so I don't know if having these at a number that is too low will affect the overall gathering of them? Or if the same will happen with crafting? My guess is that this information is stored in the remaining bytes so if anyone has any crafting or gathering skills maxed, I urge you to share this information with us :)

But anyway. Here are the offsets for all skills:
0x1fb30 - 0x1fb37 : Accessory Alchemy
0x1fb38 - 0x1fb3f : Alchemy
0x1fb40 - 0x1fb47 : Misc. Tailoring
0x1fb48 - 0x1fb4f : Carpentry
0x1fb50 - 0x1fb57 : Garment Tailoring
0x1fb58 - 0x1fb5f : Cooking
0x1fb60 - 0x1fb67 : Dashing
0x1fb68 - 0x1fb6f : ???
0x1fb70 - 0x1fb77 : Fishing
0x1fb78 - 0x1fb7f : Furniture Carpentry
0x1fb80 - 0x1fb87 : Armor Smithing
0x1fb88 - 0x1fb8f : Metal Smithing
0x1fb90 - 0x1fb97 : Woodcutting
0x1fb98 - 0x1fb9f : Meat Cuisine
0x1fba0 - 0x1fba7 : Medicinal Alchemy
0x1fba8 - 0x1fbaf : Mining
0x1fbb0 - 0x1fbb7 : ???
0x1fbb8 - 0x1fbbf : Seafood Cuisine
0x1fbc0 - 0x1fbc7 : Sewing
0x1fbc8 - 0x1fbcf : Sneaking
0x1fbd0 - 0x1fbd7 : Smithing
0x1fbd8 - 0x1fbdf : Fabric Tailoring
0x1fbe0 - 0x1fbe7 : Egg & Veggie Cuisine
0x1fbe8 - 0x1fbef : Weapon Smithing
0x1fbf0 - 0x1fbf7 : Tools Carpentry
0x1fbf8 - 0x1fbff : Weapon Carpentry
0x1fc00 - 0x1fc07 : Wind Magic
0x1fc08 - 0x1fc0f : Archery Skill
0x1fc10 - 0x1fc17 : Dagger Skill
0x1fc18 - 0x1fc1f : Earth Magic
0x1fc20 - 0x1fc27 : Fire Magic
0x1fc28 - 0x1fc2f : ???
0x1fc30 - 0x1fc37 : Longsword Skill
0x1fc38 - 0x1fc3f : Shield Skill
0x1fc40 - 0x1fc47 : Magic Skill
0x1fc48 - 0x1fc4f : Greatsword Skill
0x1fc50 - 0x1fc57 : Water Magic

chirisu also pointed out the following:
Also I think you should make it clear that for the Fire/Water/Earth magic, they have their own max hex code which is 00 48 23 47 14
and for the rest of them is 00 4E 09 48 14.

Last edited by derteufel,
Reactions: ToonRudy

chirisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your help! I was able to get the last bit of data I needed from you. Anyway. Here is the tutorial.
Ooh thank you! and I'm glad it helped. Also I can confirm on my part that for mining, I did 0 damage with a gold pickaxe but once my level is changed to 20, I do 9-12 damage with a gold pickaxe. So I think it work /o

Also I think you should make it clear that for the Fire/Water/Earth magic, they have their own max hex code which is 00 48 23 47 14
and for the rest of them is 00 4E 09 48 14.

Thank so much again for the awesome tutorial/discovery!

edit-- I made ALL the stats max level and is testing them out to see the differences atm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/MAUykLIWi64