ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

Unico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some trouble in EFE seeing the models from Bravely Default properly. It's loaded in, but I'm getting this:

EFE Cap.png

This doesn't seem right to me. Lots of missing poly's, mouth is way behind the face and on another axis, no expression textures loaded, and I'm not certain the lighting is supposed to be that way either. On the spell fencer costume, the bright translucent fabrics on the legs and mouth simply aren't visible, but I know the whole thing is brighter than that.

PS.
I'd love to see options for Auto-zoom levels in a future update. 100%, 50, etc.

The camera controls don't seem to be working as indicated either. Shift is supposed to increase the speed for rotating and panning the camera, but with the A S Z X movements, I get big steps normally, and no movement at all holding shift.

D

Deleted User

I do think having the option for 'unlit mode' in EFE would be good, or having a degree of lighting choices, but either way the lighting itself is EFE, its unrelated to the model, if the model seems darkly lit, its just the view, if you export that into software and open it there it'll be fine.

Shift speeds up the camera, but it only works for zooming in and out (scroll), it doesn't work for any of the other keys, instead I think it makes the 'step' larger.

There are a few models that show weirdly, I'm unsure if its an unsupported material type, or just the data being interpreted strange, but if you load that same model into another guys viewer (the unity one) then whilst lighting is fixed, the holes are still there.

It is possible in some cases that other parts of the models data are stored in another file, but honestly I don't think thats the case here.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any hope of batch converting BCLIM to PNG? I'm trying to find specific icons out of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and there's hundreds of them - having them batch converted to PNG would simplify my life greatly. Any help? Thanks!

Earthboundgiygas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I feel dumb for asking. But I have a ROM, and I have decrypted it. Now I have DecryptedRomFS.bin, and I'm kind of lost as to what to do next to rip the models. I feel bad asking here but I'm a complete noobie. I've been at it all day with the previous more difficult way, and this new easy way. I can't seem to get past the DecryptedRomFS.bin, if it's not appropriate to talk about it here, feel free to PM me.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I feel dumb for asking. But I have a ROM, and I have decrypted it. Now I have DecryptedRomFS.bin, and I'm kind of lost as to what to do next to rip the models. I feel bad asking here but I'm a complete noobie. I've been at it all day with the previous more difficult way, and this new easy way. I can't seem to get past the DecryptedRomFS.bin, if it's not appropriate to talk about it here, feel free to PM me.

You need to unpack it.

Kotetsu123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unico welp this tool is pretty much useless in the model viewing and exporting part and it doesn't seem like its going to be fixed or anything, lol lots of people have stated that issue and nothing has been fixed about it so i pretty much gave up on using this tool

Reactions: ChrisX930
D

Deleted User

Hasn't anyone ever considered the possibility that the models actually do look like that somewhat?

I mean in almost all games where the mouth is a separate material its also a separate mesh, same with the eyes.

Its not as if its not a 5 second fix in a piece of 3d software anyway.

If you're unable to fix the issue in your own software then I really can't see what there is to complain about, afterall if you're not able to fix it then you clearly can't be using it for anything other than to look at anyway.

I do wonder if Gericom has anymore updates planned for this soon though, but it was clearly stated he'd be dedicating a month or 2 to something else.

Edit: This applies to a model being split up, or a model offset being wrong etc, it doesn't apply to things like badly exported animations, broken UVS, materials not being exported etc, those are a lot more complicated.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yea, you're right, Dan_Tsukasa, but EFE has still many problems with 3D-Models ...
I'm not able to export-import the same model without errors because MaterialAnimation won't be exported and because of this, the materialanimation is missing in the recreated model.
yea, hard to describe but i made a screenshot some posts before
f4dead5e55.png

D

Deleted User

Ah no, I know your issue from over at the Xentax forums.

EFE does have its problems I wouldn't argue that at all, but things like materials animations, I dunno those are either programmed in or are keyframe based, for example if I make a material animation in maya, then I can't have that material animation working in blender of other pieces of software without more or less having to remake it from scratch.

Since currently EFE doesn't support animations I imagine material animations (which are probably UV animations anyway) would possibly come under that, one way EFE could get around this issue is enabling importing of textures only (it can't do that now right?), then you only update the texture and the Material is never touched, and the connection isn't lost.

Does that material animation work in any other software? EFE only exports .obj files right now, and .obj doesn't support animations, bones, multiple UV sets, or a number of other features.

If my understanding is correct its not just an EFE issue, its a format issue, and unless EFE switches to using FBX (which isn't open and well documented like OBJ) or COLLADA formats (also not Open I believe), and this same issue occurs between almost all 3D modelling/animation software.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yea, EFE doesn't support the reimport of new textures or models like this.
I just want to create whole new objects for this game, with new textures and possibly new animations, but right now, it's almost impossible.
We can just export the objects as collada or obj, but reimport just has issues :/
I hope it will work sometime so I can create a whole new game out of it :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think people are expecting too much from this, EFE is pretty much a generic file viewer/exported/manipulator, whenever you have something targeting a vast area of stuff it often lacks in the more complex features......thats where more specific tools come into play, like EFE views .sarc files "generally" but it would be absurd to think it would be able to differentiate every single game that uses .sarc files and be able to be a fully featured editor for every single game.......so if your editing NSMB2 you go to reggie, if your editing pokemon you go to the various tools for doing that, if your aiming to edit something that doesn't have readily available tools made its either make your own or wait for someone else who wants to build specific tools to step up and do so, yeah a one tool to rule them all toolkit would be awesome, but something like that is improbable/impossible to make especially when there is people from every direction demanding100 different features from one person

as it stands EFE is a very useful tool, it has some features that afaik no other tools offer yet, yeah they aren't perfect, and some are quite lacking, but its open source people can help out with it if they have the capabilities to do so, if you don't well you dont have much to complain about, highlight the issue sure and maybe someone will be able to fix/advise you on it, but thats all

anyways /rant im grateful this tool is around and it helps alot thanks for all the work Gericom keep up the hard work :)

Grendor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope the Bravely Default models are fully supported soon. As well as the Mario and Luigi ones. It's been a while and I'm not sure what the status even is at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ anything new in gaming?