ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

D

Deleted User

Ah okei great, looking forward to it, I've got some textures sitting here waiting to be converted, really excited to see what they look like.

Though if possible, would you be able to at all share the command required to do that and I can just run it myself, provided its not a source file of course, if its something like the scripts many of the other 3ds tools use, where they often bring things like makerom.exe and various other things into 1 group.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah okei great, looking forward to it, I've got some textures sitting here waiting to be converted, really excited to see what they look like.

Though if possible, would you be able to at all share the command required to do that and I can just run it myself, provided its not a source file of course, if its something like the scripts many of the other 3ds tools use, where they often bring things like makerom.exe and various other things into 1 group.

EFE does not work with scripts or commands.

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add a way to convert .bcmdl directly to obj? and textures to the png also?

Edit: nvm I figured it out.

You should really make a good readme for this. But good work on this tool :D

Edit 2: Oh before I forget. In order to convert it to obj (and it can convert to dae also) open the .bcmdl so the viewer is open then click save as and select obj/dae from the drop down back and save it.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the same thing happened to me and what solved the problem was opening the wav with audacity, delete all the metadata and save the changes (everyfileexplorer still gave the second error when closing, but it wasn't a problem, since the creation of the bcstm was successful).
I opened the .wav file that caused the exception and went to the "Edit Metadata..." option, but unless I am missing something, there does not seem to be any.

audio md.PNG

In case it helps, here is the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixrk61ipyvkh5o4/BGM_VS_STAGE.wav?dl=0

I have tried converting others too, but only this one worked:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ld4gfr5trcdhnj3/VH20131221_200202.wav?dl=0

Reactions: The Cringe

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The picture in the OP has a dead link.
No. For me not.
So uh, don't mean to be a bother, but is there support for the Mario and Luigi: Dream Team models yet? I've been trying to get at them for ages...
They doesn't seem to be anything special. They contain multiple models in one bcres file (.dat in this case). I need to add support for viewing multiple sections.

MrKoeikoei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is getting better and better. :-)

How much progress have you made on importing custom models? Have you already figured out what prevents the game from loading custom models?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is getting better and better. :-)

How much progress have you made on importing custom models? Have you already figured out what prevents the game from loading custom models?
We've got custom models working (at dshack), but not with EFE yet. I can not say how we did it exactly, but the problem was the internal name after all. For example if you want to replace the model of Shy Guy Bazaar, the name needs to be Gctr_SandTown. EFE is going to support bcmdl creating soon, but I did not take the time to make an importer yet. Writing bcmdl is almost finished. (only bones and sections other then models or textures are not supported)

Reactions: I pwned U!

MrKoeikoei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We've got custom models working (at dshack), but not with EFE yet. I can not say how we did it exactly, but the problem was the internal name after all. For example if you want to replace the model of Shy Guy Bazaar, the name needs to be Gctr_SandTown. EFE is going to support bcmdl creating soon, but I did not take the time to make an importer yet. Writing bcmdl is almost finished. (only bones and sections other then models or textures are not supported)

That's great news. I made the same mistake when importing custom models to MKWii :P. Good luck on EFE!

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just uploaded the new weekly build!

* A little bit better lighting for bcmdl.
* Material, Font and Texture treeviews for bclyt
* Support for multiple sections in CGFX files (this also means bctex support)
* Generating BCMDL model. (Mighy be buggy or not working at all; not tested yet)

D

Deleted User

Awesome work! Attack of the Friday Monsters bctex finally supported, been really looking forward to that one. Thankyou!

Now I'm just hoping you're able to crack the Final Fantasy Explorers stuff along with Fantasy Life 3D Models/Textures.

(I'm sort of having a Level 5 Binge here...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9