• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,495
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey everyone, so I modified EFE to (specifically) create collision files for Mario Kart 8. This also works for other games like Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo Land, Splatoon, and etc.

The reason why I added "specifically" is because I really don't like the binary reader/writer they use for a memory block/file and I made a really dumb hack with it, so I advise to only use this for wanting to generate collision for MK8 (or the other games I specified.)

For now, this only supports a model with up to 65535 triangles, opposed to four billion. This is because octree generation still isn't optimized for Wii U games, and other important assets like the global octree still need to be considered, but really, this is probably fine for now. (There's only one collision model that exceeds 65535 triangles in MK8).

Here's a video showcasing a test of a collision file generated with this:

Download to build and source:
https://github.com/MasterF0x/EveryFileExplorer

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so we can make different karts for mk8 with different collisions
it would be nice to a tutorial on this
also
what method did you use to import models into splatoon characters and why are the textures not working?

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! The Wii U is shaping up to be an awesome console for Nintendo Mods!

On a side note, was Splatoon being played on an emulator?

D

Deleted User

OP
Get a compiled version from somewhere on the internet. Or ask the author to release a compiled version since they believe that everyone can get visual studio, even though that is completely wrong.
ztiLU7A.png

D

Deleted User

OP
Could have put it in the releases section. Most people usually dont look through the code and head straight to the releases section.

It has never been suitable for a stable release since everything was, is still is, experimental.
I'm not going to work on this any further since Wexos' Toolbox supports KCL for Wii U games, so I wouldn't expect a stable release anytime soon.

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has never been suitable for a stable release since everything was, is still is, experimental.
I'm not going to work on this any further since Wexos' Toolbox supports KCL for Wii U games, so I wouldn't expect a stable release anytime soon.
Oh, OK. And sorry for sounding a bit harsh earlier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think