• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,473
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey everyone, so I modified EFE to (specifically) create collision files for Mario Kart 8. This also works for other games like Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo Land, Splatoon, and etc.

The reason why I added "specifically" is because I really don't like the binary reader/writer they use for a memory block/file and I made a really dumb hack with it, so I advise to only use this for wanting to generate collision for MK8 (or the other games I specified.)

For now, this only supports a model with up to 65535 triangles, opposed to four billion. This is because octree generation still isn't optimized for Wii U games, and other important assets like the global octree still need to be considered, but really, this is probably fine for now. (There's only one collision model that exceeds 65535 triangles in MK8).

Here's a video showcasing a test of a collision file generated with this:

Download to build and source:
https://github.com/MasterF0x/EveryFileExplorer

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so we can make different karts for mk8 with different collisions
it would be nice to a tutorial on this
also
what method did you use to import models into splatoon characters and why are the textures not working?

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! The Wii U is shaping up to be an awesome console for Nintendo Mods!

On a side note, was Splatoon being played on an emulator?

D

Deleted User

OP
Get a compiled version from somewhere on the internet. Or ask the author to release a compiled version since they believe that everyone can get visual studio, even though that is completely wrong.
ztiLU7A.png

D

Deleted User

OP
Could have put it in the releases section. Most people usually dont look through the code and head straight to the releases section.

It has never been suitable for a stable release since everything was, is still is, experimental.
I'm not going to work on this any further since Wexos' Toolbox supports KCL for Wii U games, so I wouldn't expect a stable release anytime soon.

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has never been suitable for a stable release since everything was, is still is, experimental.
I'm not going to work on this any further since Wexos' Toolbox supports KCL for Wii U games, so I wouldn't expect a stable release anytime soon.
Oh, OK. And sorry for sounding a bit harsh earlier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a