• Replies 961
  • Likes 87

apprentice57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! Yeah, the problem was I didn't have the files from the other git repositories (seems obvious now, but the make file didn't throw any errors that it was missing stuff).

I tried using the recursive pull from Shadowtrance first, and that seemed to work despite the concerns.

EDIT: Thanks for compiling that too @Shadowtrance, though I guess it proved unnecessary!

Last edited by apprentice57,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks guys! Yeah, the problem was I didn't have the files from the other git repositories (seems obvious now, but the make file didn't throw any errors that it was missing stuff).

I tried using the recursive pull from Shadowtrance first, and that seemed to work despite the concerns.

EDIT: Thanks for compiling that too @Shadowtrance, though I guess it proved unnecessary!
Good to read it already works for you :). I'll think about adding error messages to the Makefile.

hello, what is the cleanest way to restore an emunand? can i format the emunand partition and then restore it?
I think you have to get a little more specific. By formatting the EmuNAND partition you mean the SD format options in EmuNAND9, right? If you already have an EmuNAND partition set up, there is little reason to format anew, However, the 'cleanest' way is "Format SD for EmuNAND (default)" (or the option with starter setup), as that wastes the least space it can while still applying official SD card association guidelines. As for the EmuNAND restore.... if there's something wrong with your EmuNAND backup, there is nothing you can do to make it better. You can restore it from the submenu.

Lichtblick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

i wanted to create an EmuNand with a 64GB sd card. The Free / Max Storage size does not work work correcrly, and i am not able to install emunand on this sd card.

Is this a common bug or are sd cars onply supported up to 32GB ?

Meanwhile i use my card in sysnand and use pasta cfw + fbi

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

i wanted to create an EmuNand with a 64GB sd card. The Free / Max Storage size does not work work correcrly, and i am not able to install emunand on this sd card.

Is this a common bug or are sd cars onply supported up to 32GB ?

Meanwhile i use my card in sysnand and use pasta cfw + fbi
I am using a 64GB SD card, there is no size limitation. Are you using the most recent release of EmuNAND9 (check the opening post)? What is shown as free / max storage? What happens if you try to do the Complete EmuNAND Setup?

One solution is to format the SD card on PC (just in case there's something wrong with teh current formating), then try again in EmuNAND9. I'd prefer we get this working from EmuNAND9, though.

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you have to get a little more specific. By formatting the EmuNAND partition you mean the SD format options in EmuNAND9, right? If you already have an EmuNAND partition set up, there is little reason to format anew, However, the 'cleanest' way is "Format SD for EmuNAND (default)" (or the option with starter setup), as that wastes the least space it can while still applying official SD card association guidelines. As for the EmuNAND restore.... if there's something wrong with your EmuNAND backup, there is nothing you can do to make it better. You can restore it from the submenu.

I want to restore my emunand from 10.4 back to 10.3. i don't know if i can just use the option restore emunand. is it possible that there are remains of the 10.4. nand in the restored (10.3.) emunand?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to restore my emunand from 10.4 back to 10.3. i don't know if i can just use the option restore emunand. is it possible that there are remains of the 10.4. nand in the restored (10.3.) emunand?
EmuNAND9 does a full restore. Meaning: There won't be any remainder of the previous EmuNAND. You need a valid EmuNAND backup from 10.3, and there's no need for a complete setup or for formatting the SD. Just restore it.

Reactions: nintendowii

Lichtblick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am using a 64GB SD card, there is no size limitation. Are you using the most recent release of EmuNAND9 (check the opening post)? What is shown as free / max storage? What happens if you try to do the Complete EmuNAND Setup?

One solution is to format the SD card on PC (just in case there's something wrong with teh current formating), then try again in EmuNAND9. I'd prefer we get this working from EmuNAND9, though.

I'm not 100% sure, but i think the freespace was displayed wrong with a too large number. This was my experience as i tested it from ~2 Month. I try to test it again till sunday. I used the full setup. The SD Card was formated as fat32 before i started setting up everything.

If you don't get a replay from me, consider the problem as solved.

Last edited by Lichtblick,

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Our of curiosity, when EMUNAND9 formats the SDcard and creates the emuNAND, what's the default cluster size? My guess is lower than 64KB or even 32KB? Or does it remember the current allocation size and applies it during format? I'm asking because I wanted my SDcard to have 64KB allocation size, but wasn't sure how to do it. Eventually I downloaded some SDcard tools that let me view both the unallocated space(emuNAND) and the remaining space(the stuff that you can actually see in the SDcard) and I formatted the SDcard so it can have 64KB allocation size. It worked to perfection. So, what's the default cluster size/allocation size when EMUNAND9 formats the SDcard? :P

tl;dr: What's the default cluster size/allocation size when EMUNAND9 formats the SDcard?

Last edited by fr3quency,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Our of curiosity, when EMUNAND9 formats the SDcard and creates the emuNAND, what's the default cluster size? My guess is lower than 64KB or even 32KB? Or does it remember the current allocation size and applies it during format? I'm asking because I wanted my SDcard to have 64KB allocation size, but wasn't sure how to do it. Eventually I downloaded some SDcard tools that let me view both the unallocated space(emuNAND) and the remaining space(the stuff that you can actually see in the SDcard) and I formatted the SDcard so it can have 64KB allocation size. It worked to perfection. So, what's the default cluster size/allocation size when EMUNAND9 formats the SDcard? :P
tl;dr: What's the default cluster size/allocation size when EMUNAND9 formats the SDcard?
There is no default cluster size, instead FATFS (that's the included FAT library) decides based on the size of the partition. There is no trouble in reformating a SD card in PC after setting up the EmuNAND, though, just be sure to not change the partition table if you want to keep your EmuNAND.

Reactions: fr3quency

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
There is no default cluster size, instead FATFS (that's the included FAT library) decides based on the size of the partition. There is no trouble in reformating a SD card in PC after setting up the EmuNAND, though, just be sure to not change the partition table if you want to keep your EmuNAND.
What's the decision of FATFS for 64GB SDXC Sdcards?

b0rk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not completely sure, as the FATFS source code is badly readable... I think it is 64kB though.
d0k3, github is currently down and I need a copy of emuNAND before I can continue playing with my 03ds..
mind throwing it up on a mirror for me? apologies for the hassle!

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Reactions: d0k3 and b0rk

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
You need the EmuNAND9.dat file in the root of your SD card. You also need to run it from SysNAND and be <= 9.2, but I guess you already know.

Yeah I have the EmuNAND9.dat on the root and i'm on 6.2.0-0U so that can't be it... I'm also doing this to be able to install emunand so I'm still on sysnand.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I have the EmuNAND9.dat on the root and i'm on 6.2.0-0U so that can't be it... I'm also doing this to be able to install emunand so I'm still on sysnand.
Don't know then... You may try some of the other entry points (check the Decrypt9 readme, link in my sig!) or give a more detailed explanation of the problem and someone else may be able to help. I myself have never used the MSET entry point, but it has been tested succesfully by a lot of people (in Decrypt9), so it is supposed to work.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@d0k3 , @Shadowtrance

This post involves both original and UI versions, and both Emunand9 and Decrypt9:

I just updated the apps. Last version I had was from last month. Launching through browser does not work anymore. Something is broken there now..
Tried it through HBL, it works there..

I'd appreciate if you guys can look into it. Thanks!

Reactions: d0k3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q