Homebrew [RELEASE] ctrQuake - Quake 1 port

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how obscure of a request this is, but could you allow for Southpaw controls (C-Pad to aim, face buttons to move)? My reason for asking that the 3DS and Dreamcast have the same exact control layout, and I've adapted to using Southpaw controls on both because of the absence of an RAS.

Last edited by Transdude1996,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how obscure of a request this is, but could you allow for Southpaw controls (C-Pad to aim, face buttons to move)? My reason for asking that the 3DS and Dreamcast have the same exact control layout, and I've adapted to using Southpaw controls on both because of the absence of an RAS.
I could add that option, I'm going to update the controls again. After playing around with my steam controller, I'm going to implement gyro controls for aiming... So basically on the O3DS or 2DS you can setup the camera movements on the face buttons and hold L for precision aiming with the gyroscope

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version is up: https://github.com/masterfeizz/ctrQuake/releases
It includes a new overlay, some bugfixes, and fixes the sound on the cia banner.
Ch6Jco7WUAAc_hs.jpg:small

Last edited by MasterFeizz,

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
New version is up: https://github.com/masterfeizz/ctrQuake/releases
It includes a new overlay, some bugfixes, and fixes the sound on the cia banner.
Ch6Jco7WUAAc_hs.jpg:small
Just played a few levels with the latest CIA! Loving the overlay! It looks like it is a legit game released for the system man! Awesome, awesome work. The controls feel great too. There are minor sound hiccups here and there, but it seems pretty damned great right now!

Reactions: MasterFeizz

blaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! Thank you MasterFeizz for the new version ! But I have some new problems, mods aren't working anymore for me, even Dissolution of Eternity (which I have finished Yesterday with the previous version)...When I launch my shorcut on the HBL, it launches the vanilla game.

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ! Thank you MasterFeizz for the new version ! But I have some new problems, mods aren't working anymore for me, even Dissolution of Eternity (which I have finished Yesterday with the previous version)...When I launch my shorcut on the HBL, it launches the vanilla game.
Add -game to the shortcut, before the name of the mod.

blaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "-game" don't seem to work for me, even if I add the -"name of mod folder" parameter like the shortcut on PC.
I have taken photo of start, and I can't see error message, it just seems to load the vanilla files normally...
My shortcut for Scourge of Armaggon :
<shortcut>
<name>Quake - Scourge of Armaggon</name>
<executable>/3ds/ctrQuake/ctrQuake.3dsx</executable>
<arg>-game hipnotic -hipnotic</arg>
</shortcut>

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the "-game" don't seem to work for me, even if I add the -"name of mod folder" parameter like the shortcut on PC.
I have taken photo of start, and I can't see error message, it just seems to load the vanilla files normally...
My shortcut for Scourge of Armaggon :
<shortcut>
<name>Quake - Scourge of Armaggon</name>
<executable>/3ds/ctrQuake/ctrQuake.3dsx</executable>
<arg>-game hipnotic -hipnotic</arg>
</shortcut>

I've just tried it, all you need is the "-hipnotic" argument. Make sure you are not using grid launcher, because it seems to cause problems with launcher arguments

Reactions: MrHuu

blaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It Works (with just the "-hipnotic" arg) ! Don't know what i've change the first time to get it wrong...
Anyway thank You very much !
And you seems to have fixed the problem with Scourge of Armaggon !
Thank You MasterFeizz !

Reactions: MasterFeizz

Pikoulin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,
Thanks for the best game on the 3DS!

I have the same problem blaman. (O3DS&N3DS, A9LH, Sys 11.)
The 6th release successfully loaded the two mission packs and fortress.
With the latest (with the addition of "-" before the folder name <arg>-hipnotic</arg>) managed to load the 2nd mission pack (Dissolution) but not Scourge or Fortress. Instead loaded normal Quake.
Can I load them using the .cia? Is it better/worse?
Can someone direct me to instructions for music?
Thank you.

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Thanks for the best game on the 3DS!

I have the same problem blaman. (O3DS&N3DS, A9LH, Sys 11.)
The 6th release successfully loaded the two mission packs and fortress.
With the latest (with the addition of "-" before the folder name <arg>-hipnotic</arg>) managed to load the 2nd mission pack (Dissolution) but not Scourge or Fortress. Instead loaded normal Quake.
Can I load them using the .cia? Is it better/worse?
Can someone direct me to instructions for music?
Thank you.
To launch rogue you can either use the parameter "-rogue" or "-game rogue" and to launch fortress you have to use "-game fortress".
CD music is not supported yet, and launching mods from the CIA is also not supported.

Pikoulin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To launch rogue you can either use the parameter "-rogue" or "-game rogue" and to launch fortress you have to use "-game fortress".
CD music is not supported yet, and launching mods from the CIA is also not supported.

Yeah shiiiit it worked!! I was trying this all day.. I was losing hope, so close to quitting, like a big loser in life!

Thank you.

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm using the 0.7 CIA version, and there's one weird problem I'm experiencing that I don't see anyone else reporting. Audio is only coming through the right speaker, left is silent. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock