Homebrew [RELEASE] ctrQuake - Quake 1 port

JuanmaHL

Trophies
XP
Country
How I can launch Team fortress mod? I copy the files, add the launch, and when I launch the game the background have the tf logo but when I press start it gives to me an error :/ and multiplayer error too.
Could not exec : autoexec. cfg

Last edited by JuanmaHL,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I can launch Team fortress mod? I copy the files, add the launch, and when I launch the game the background have the tf logo but when I press start it gives to me an error :/ and multiplayer error too.
Could not exec : autoexec. cfg
Download the files here, extract the folder (FORTRESS) into the ctrQuake folder in your sd card and create a .xml shortcut with the following content:
Code:
<shortcut>
    <name>Team Fortress</name>
    <executable>/3ds/ctrQuake/ctrQuake.3dsx</executable>
    <arg>-game fortress</arg>
</shortcut>

Gentlemanboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried on o3ds , runs smothly , thanks for that, never played quake before, and I'm enjoying with my handheld >.< The second map/phase Its not loading up here, stuck at loading thing, but thanks anyway :D

Gentlemanboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You mean the second episode or the second level of episode 1?
The second episode, when I go to the plataform to load the episode, the game just gets stuck on loading, and if I wait like 2min, I get back to start menu. I didnt tried to reinstall yet, when I reach the episode, I'm gonna try. >.< [ o3ds 11.1 a9lh + luma ]

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second episode, when I go to the plataform to load the episode, the game just gets stuck on loading, and if I wait like 2min, I get back to start menu. I didnt tried to reinstall yet, when I reach the episode, I'm gonna try. >.< [ o3ds 11.1 a9lh + luma ]
Where did you get the files for the full game? Make sure its not modified with something that could be specific to another engine port

TCPixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the files here, extract the folder (FORTRESS) into the ctrQuake folder in your sd card and create a .xml shortcut with the following content:
Code:
<shortcut>
    <name>Team Fortress</name>
    <arg>-game fortress</arg>
</shortcut>
does the xml file need to be called anything in particular? Placed inside the same folder as the .3dsx right?

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the xml file need to be called anything in particular? Placed inside the same folder as the .3dsx right?
It's good to name it something related to the mod but there is no requirements, I believe it could be placed either inside the folder but I usually just throw it inside the 3ds folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Got from here, gonna try download it again and replace later, I will post results.
The zip only includes the shareware episode (episode 1), you need to provide the pak1.pak from the full game yourself.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I boot mods with the .cia version? If i can't can someone help me make an xml for the half life mod? (want to play half life on my 3ds)

Last edited by xtheman,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. How would I go about making a xml for the .3dsx?
Assuming you have the mod files in a folder called hl inside the ctrQuake folder, the xml file would look something like this:
Code:
<shortcut>
    <name>Half-Life</name>
    <arg>-game hl</arg>
</shortcut>

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have the mod files in a folder called hl inside the ctrQuake folder, the xml file would look something like this:
Code:
<shortcut>
    <name>Half-Life</name>
    <arg>-game hl</arg>
</shortcut>
Thank you! If i make an sdmh for the xml i would just name it the same as the xml right?

Last edited by xtheman,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I joined to some servers and people go with: "Playing on a Nintendo 3DS. LOOOOL"; "Play on a PC man..." :rofl: This is amazing.

It was funny, but on some cases the game crashes and i can't go back to Home menu. The error message appears on bottom screen and looks like this: Failed to allowcate X bytes (usually 20-40 bytes).

Sega dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused about installing mods. I know you put the mod folder in the same directory as ctrQuake.3dsx and make the shortcut XML file, but where does it go? Does shortcut XML file go in the mod folder or the root of the ctrQuake folder? After you create the shortcut file, it's supposed to launch directly into the mod? Or is there something else you have to do? I'm new to running Quake mods in general.

Last edited by Sega dude,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused about installing mods. I know you put the mod folder in the same directory as ctrQuake.3dsx and make the shortcut XML file, but where does it go? Does shortcut XML file go in the mod folder or the root of the ctrQuake folder? After you create the shortcut file, it's supposed to launch directly into the mod? Or is there something else you have to do? I'm new to running Quake mods in general.
The mod folder goes inside the ctrQuake folder, I believe the .xml can go either on the /3ds folder or the /3ds/ctrQuake folder. The shortcut will launch the mod directly; read the mod instruction to see if there are any other steps.

TCPixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create the xml file and put it in the 3ds/ folder. It will create a new shortcut on the homebrew launcher menu

Reactions: Sega dude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.