Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just don't include the title keys in the json... and instead just have it fetch the keys from encTitleKeys.bin when the titleid is selected.

Then you can share the json.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just don't include the title keys in the json... and instead just have it fetch the keys from encTitleKeys.bin when the titleid is selected.

That's my plan, eventually. Just gotta get around to writing it, but I'm lazy :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
although the json would be connected to the enctitlekeys.bin, it only gets what title ids there are.
and if we will need the enctitlekeys.bin file AND the json file, why not combine into 1 illegal file instead of having 1 illegal and 1 legal?
it's useless if we update one without the other, so, we might as well combine them.
but opinions are accepted.

i think it's easier just to have 1 file
@Drakia - i'm happy to write it, but, is it the nicest way? i'm not too sure.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

XRaTiX

Trophies
XP
Country
The JSON file is a collection of game data and encrypted titlekeys that allows you to easily search for games to install instead of having to know their titleid. The downside is since it contains titlekeys (Which are "copyrighted" by Nintendo) it can't be hosted or linked to from here or GitHub. You will have to find it on your own.

The JSON file is on that iso site,just saying :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Now we just need a text editor homebrew...
Or have i been blind again :P
no need for text editor. the json is not meant to be edited manually, let alone on the 3ds lol...
if you want something specific and don't mind typing, enter the title id and key using the keyboard.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
although the json would be connected to the enctitlekeys.bin, it only gets what title ids there are.
and if we will need the enctitlekeys.bin file AND the json file, why not combine into 1 illegal file instead of having 1 illegal and 1 legal?
it's useless if we update one without the other, so, we might as well combine them.
but opinions are accepted.
Yeah, but if you're not going to host it somewhere so the app can download it, then it's just more work for users. Right now, they can download encTitleKeys.bin within the app but have to go search for the json file when the app could just automatically download that too.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Drakia - i'm happy to write it, but, is it the nicest way? i'm not too sure.
Haven't quite figured that out yet :) I was thinking if we do the search based on the JSON like we do now, then for each titleid we get from the JSON, find a matching entry in the encTitleKeys, we could show only ones that have entries in both files. Might get a bit complicated though.
On the plus side, it would allow us to keep an updated JSON file with any new scene or whatever released game titleid's, even if we don't technically have keys for them in the encTitleKeys file right now, and they would automatically be cross referenced when the encTitleKeys is updated (I'm assuming game titleids will almost always be released before game titlekeys).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, but if you're not going to host it somewhere so the app can download it, then it's just more work for users. Right now, they can download encTitleKeys.bin within the app but have to go search for the json file when the app could just automatically download that too.
Personally I'm not a fan of the app auto downloading the encTitleKeys, mainly because it's putting it on iffy ground for being kept up at both GBATemp and the 3dshacks subreddit (I think DTK ran into some issues with having the URL built into their app)

Reactions: cearp

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need for text editor. the json is not meant to be edited manually, let alone on the 3ds lol...
if you want something specific and don't mind typing, enter the title id and key using the keyboard.
My point was to enter the title id and key with the system, so computers would be obsolete if you knew a code. I don't think many people got it memorized tho (codes. yes i needed an excuse for a KH reference. deal wit' it)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My point was to enter the title id and key with the system, so computers would be obsolete if you knew a code. I don't think many people got it memorized tho (codes. yes i needed an excuse for a KH reference. deal wit' it)
There is already a keyboard you can use to manually enter a titleid and titlekey, that feature has been there for a while now.

Reactions: Ricken

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i could do a huge 'attack' on the cdn getting as much info as i can, for every possible title id in the real ranges... but i think it would take too long, it already takes a short while to get the info of 1 id. so it is easiest to do it with just the title ids we are worried about.

for making the wings.json without any keys, we need to limit it to title ids in the keys anyway because otherwise scraping every title id is too much work. (although it only really needs to be done once per id...)
only getting the metadata when we have the key makes things much more simple i think.

literally, i can make my script download the latest encTitleKeys.bin, parse it, make the json, and upload it to mega everyday whilst i sleep.
add some checks and i could skip all the existing entries so only new ones are done, making it only take 10 minutes instead of 1 or 2 hours :)

it was un-removed at 3dshacks, so that is good. it is not removed here, the code or app isn't shared here, just a link, which if you then try and find the main.cpp, has a plaintext link you have to copy... then read the keys with a hex editor :)

unless there are any problems that do happen in the future (for example, all talk of CIAngel being banished to the piracy share sites), i think it is fine to enable built in downloading of wings.json/enctitlekeys.bin

i think getting rid of the enctitlekeys.bin and depending on the json is the way forward. but i don't want to cause any arguments :D

for our use (and basically everyone's use) - the dec/enctitlekeys.bin format is not good, 25% is useless data, all we NEED is the key and title id.
but we WANT more data, which is why the json.

Last edited by cearp,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for making the wings.json without any keys, we need to limit it to title ids in the keys anyway because otherwise scraping every title id is too much work. (although it only really needs to be done once per id...)
only getting the metadata when we have the key makes things much more simple i think.

i think getting rid of the enctitlekeys.bin and depending on the json is the way forward. but i don't want to cause any arguments :D
I have some ideas, but I won't know if they're actually plausible until I try implementing them :) We don't really have to decide on one method or the other until we've actually tried them out and seen what we think works best though

Reactions: cearp

HuntHoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if it's already been said, but could there be a way to fix the case-sensitive searching, or is that beyond what's possible?
For example, searching for "Animal crossing" only brings up a CIA for the "Animal crossing preview", ANIMAL CROSSING brings up results for picross, and Animal Crossing is the one that actually brings up the game. Took me a while to work it out.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forgive me if it's already been said, but could there be a way to fix the case-sensitive searching, or is that beyond what's possible?
For example, searching for "Animal crossing" only brings up a CIA for the "Animal crossing preview", ANIMAL CROSSING brings up results for picross, and Animal Crossing is the one that actually brings up the game. Took me a while to work it out.
I believe a commit was made earlier that fixes case sensitivity in searches (It converts everything to uppercase), this should fix issues like that. It'll be in the next release :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
because, yeah, like it or not, we need an illegal file as input.
whether the app can fetch it itself or not, it's still illegal and we still need it :(

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah the lastest code fixed this, not compiled.
if you want, wait 10 minutes i'll make 0.49

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I may or may not be looking for a good excuse
I may or may not be skilled at upgrading to 0.1
lol... oh boy

Reactions: Ryuzaki_MrL

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You work Too fast, some games aren't in the list :(

Like angry birds, DoA or MGS Snake eater
Read the thread please... I'll say it again, If the keys have not been shared for a game then there is no way we will magically have access to the game.

People have to actively shave the legitimate purchased keys in order for us pirates to use them.

So until someone actually buys the games you are looking for and ever so nicely shares those keys we will not have access to those games.

Be happy with the games we do have access to though.

If you really really want to help out you can buy one of those games and share the keys for it.

Reactions: Drakia and Nikolay

zer01717

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, Don't mean to disrupt the flow, but I've got a question. The first few downloads went okay with my EU N3DS (10.7.0-32 ReiNAND). However I tried downloading Majora's Mask and It froze. Or atleast. . . I think it froze? It hung at 7ish% for a 15 minutes and 3% for awhile upon reboot/retry. Just wondering if this is common or if it's because I am using an out of region 3DS? Oh and thanks for all the hard work guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.