Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

paradox355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only think need this app at moment is a back/cancel action, if I don't found the game title, I can't back to search other title or cancel the download

I've been looking at that part of the code for the same reason. I've got some ideas. I think easiest and most user friendly option would be ...

Since the search results are limited to total of six, the selections could be mapped to buttons (A,B,X,Y,L,R) and accept Select button as cancel if you don't like the search results. This also eliminates mistyping on keyboard.

Just a thought.

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been looking at that part of the code for the same reason. I've got some ideas. I think easiest and most user friendly option would be ...

Since the search results are limited to total of six, the selections could be mapped to buttons (A,B,X,Y,L,R) and accept Select button as cancel if you don't like the search results. This also eliminates mistyping on keyboard.

Just a thought.
Or there could just be a cursor like other apps so we can move it to the result we want and confirm with A or cancel with B. Also leaves room to change pages with L and R.

paradox355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did some testing of re-download ability from eShop and the results were good. Here's what I did:

1. Grabbed TitleID and encTitleKey for random game from site used to pull encTitleKeys bin file
  2. Put those in index.txt and copied it to SD
  3. Launched CIAngle CIA app and selected first option
  4. Waited for downloads to complete - successful
  5. Opened FBI and installed newly created CIA
  6. Opening app once and exited
  7. Deleted app from System>Data Management
  8. Opened eShop and selected same game previously downloaded via CIAngel
  9. Re-download option available :)
uc

Last edited by paradox355,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or there could just be a cursor like other apps so we can move it to the result we want and confirm with A or cancel with B. Also leaves room to change pages with L and R.
This is a lot harder than you're making it out to be. Currently CIAngel is an entirely 'console' application, and making any sort of GUI is a pretty big undertaking

Reactions: Ricken

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a lot harder than you're making it out to be. Currently CIAngel is an entirely 'console' application, and making any sort of GUI is a pretty big undertaking
I don't mean a whole GUI, I mean something still on 'console' similar to what other people have done (Decrypt9, Luma3DS, FBI 1.4.x).
snap006-png.30272

Could just be a '>' on the left of the item or something...

Last edited by Double Jumper,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What exactly is the wings.json file? Is this a database file containing all games currently listed on the 3ds host site? Wouldn't that mean this file has to be updated whenever a new title is added to the host site?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: paradox355

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@paradox355 A direct pull from my tutorial on one of those Chaotic sites. You can download directly from FBI now

Directions for FBIv2.1:
1. Have FBIv2 installed on your 3DS.
2. Have the .tik file of the game you want to download somewhere on your SD card.
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it. Keep track of the title ID for the ticket you just installed.
4. Still in FBI navigate to the 'Tickets' option and find the Title ID of the .tik you just installed.
5. Select Install from CDN!

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/blob/master/libctru/include/3ds/console.h

That is the libctru console class we use, since it's so easy, let me know when you've duplicated the behavior of any of those menus :)
I'm not a 3DS dev and didn't mean to say it was "so easy", but having these examples I just guessed it wouldn't be the end of the world to implement.
Decided to take a look at some of them though, what about Luma3DS's config code? I have no clue about licenses and copyright, so I wouldn't know what can be copied/inspired from or not without direct permission, but if it can, seems well commented enough to make the necessary changes (including instead of enabling/disabling options, running functions).

Last edited by Double Jumper,

paradox355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a 3DS dev and didn't mean to say it was "so easy", but having these examples I just guessed it wouldn't be the end of the world to implement.
Decided to take a look at some of them though, what about Luma3DS's config code? I have no clue about licenses and copyright, so I wouldn't know what can be copied/inspired from or not without direct permission, but if it can, seems well commented enough to make the necessary changes.

From what I can tell that does not use libctru, so it's not really applicable. That's why I suggested mapping to the buttons as that code is already present in the main CIAngel code.

What I'm unsure about is about is whether another call to hidScanInput can be done from within that initial While loop. Maybe @Drakia can shed some light on that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@paradox355 A direct pull from my tutorial on one of those Chaotic sites. You can download directly from FBI now

Directions for FBIv2.1:
1. Have FBIv2 installed on your 3DS.
2. Have the .tik file of the game you want to download somewhere on your SD card.
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it. Keep track of the title ID for the ticket you just installed.
4. Still in FBI navigate to the 'Tickets' option and find the Title ID of the .tik you just installed.
5. Select Install from CDN!

@Xenosaiga I understand this can be done via .tlk files in FBI; that's been confirmed. I was really trying to provide validation that things are working as intended with CIAngel.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I accidently generated all tickets from encTitleKeys.bin. I don't want them as I was using this app out of curiosity. How can delete them all without deleting my legit obtained tickets from the eShop?

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't realize they were just dumped to the SD but not installed.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have fixed a few of the input issues people are talking about, and made the cancel button on the keyboard a little more useful. Not sure when a release with these will be out.
in a few hours, i have time now! thanks

yes, but number selection was easier and faster to implement, i just want to get features out there first and improve later.
maybe that's a bad idea, haha. but, it's fun!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The search function seems to be broken. I searched for Metroid Fusion and I got these results:
- Metroid EUR
- Metroid USA
- Netflix
- Tennis USA
- Terraria
- Tennis EUR

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So I did some testing of re-download ability from eShop and the results were good. Here's what I did:

1. Grabbed TitleID and encTitleKey for random game from site used to pull encTitleKeys bin file
  2. Put those in index.txt and copied it to SD
  3. Launched CIAngle CIA app and selected first option
  4. Waited for downloads to complete - successful
  5. Opened FBI and installed newly created CIA
  6. Opening app once and exited
  7. Deleted app from System>Data Management
  8. Opened eShop and selected same game previously downloaded via CIAngel
  9. Re-download option available :)
uc
oh you actualled used the .txt function, i was thinking about removing it.
or at least not having it the top first action, tied to A. ill keep it ha.

The search function seems to be broken. I searched for Metroid Fusion and I got these results:
- Metroid EUR
- Metroid USA
- Netflix
- Tennis USA
- Terraria
- Tennis EUR
and metroid fusion exists in the database?
i assume it would show up if it did...
but yeah the search is not the best, but still nice to have

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol