Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

D

Deleted User

Why would you generate a .tik just to install it through another program? I can understand for when you want to download via the eShop, but the code in FBI for installing directly from CDN should almost exactly match the code I wrote for CIAngel (Pretty sure it's based on the code I wrote).
It wasn't.

EDIT: In fact, if you had even *looked* at the code, you would realize that they're totally different; I actually use the appropriate AM commands for installing TMD, contents, etc., while you pack it as a CIA in-place and feed it to the CIA installation commands.

Last edited by ,

coreycubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er, slightly back on topic, this tool is working great on both my new 3DS and old 3DS, except for one game. Can't install Smash Bros. 3DS on my old 3DS. I had it on there a while ago when I was still using rxTools, but I've deleted everything remaining from it - the game, the update and the DLC, as well as the tickets for each. I've tried reinstalling from CIAngel. I've tried creating tickets and reinstalling from eShop. I've tried installing tickets and reinstalling from FBI. I've used FunKeyCIA and DevMenu. The closest I've gotten to a working install is when the game appears on the home menu, I can launch it, but it just goes into a black screen, loops, and then restarts the console and drops me back on the Home Menu.

Using 10.7 and A9LH with CakesFW 138.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It wasn't.
Lol, I actually checked the code after I posted that, and you're right, code wise they definitely aren't the same. Man FBI has some awesome code in it, callbacks everywhere! Functionality wise though, they do manage to accomplish the same thing :)

I see you're using AM_InstallTmdBegin and AM_InstallContentBegin instead of just AM_StartCiaInstall, is that just so you can avoid temp files, or do they have actual differences compared to eachother?

D

Deleted User

I see you're using AM_InstallTmdBegin and AM_InstallContentBegin instead of just AM_StartCiaInstall, is that just so you can avoid temp files, or do they have actual differences compared to eachother?
AM_InstallTmdBegin, AM_InstallContentBegin, etc. are the commands actually used by NIM (which in turn is used by eShop) to install CDN content. Basically, instead of packing it into a CIA, you can just feed each individual part of the title to the appropriate commands.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AM_InstallTmdBegin, AM_InstallContentBegin, etc. are the commands actually used by NIM (which in turn is used by eShop) to install CDN content. Basically, instead of packing it into a CIA, you can just feed each individual part of the title to the appropriate commands.
Ah cool, thanks :) That is probably a better way to do it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Er, slightly back on topic, this tool is working great on both my new 3DS and old 3DS, except for one game. Can't install Smash Bros. 3DS on my old 3DS. I had it on there a while ago when I was still using rxTools, but I've deleted everything remaining from it - the game, the update and the DLC, as well as the tickets for each. I've tried reinstalling from CIAngel. I've tried creating tickets and reinstalling from eShop. I've tried installing tickets and reinstalling from FBI. I've used FunKeyCIA and DevMenu. The closest I've gotten to a working install is when the game appears on the home menu, I can launch it, but it just goes into a black screen, loops, and then restarts the console and drops me back on the Home Menu.

Using 10.7 and A9LH with CakesFW 138.

Do you have Cake's reboot patch enabled? I believe it's required for Smash to boot correctly.

coreycubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah cool, thanks :) That is probably a better way to do it.

Do you have Cake's reboot patch enabled? I believe it's required for Smash to boot correctly.
Snap, that might be it. I'll give it a shot as soon as this other thing finishes installing. I saw that in the options, but didn't want to mess with a setting I didn't know about and was searching like crazy in the meantime. Thank you so much.

Edit: Yeah, that was it.

Last edited by coreycubed,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It wasn't.

EDIT: In fact, if you had even *looked* at the code, you would realize that they're totally different; I actually use the appropriate AM commands for installing TMD, contents, etc., while you pack it as a CIA in-place and feed it to the CIA installation commands.
that's neat but i guess the way Drakia made it is less code because we also want to have cia creation as a function :)

makes sense, ill get it
a fast easy no nonsense way to find the lastest wings file is on the 3dspiracy subreddit!

Last edited by cearp,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's neat but i guess the way Drakia made it is less code because we also want to have cia creation as a function :)
Pretty much I just didn't want to rewrite a bunch of stuff :) Though looking at how FBI does a lot of stuff, it's a very nice approach.

D

Deleted User

Could a moderator get rid of the recent argument please? I think this should just be for discussion about CIAngel and not an off topic subject of FBI and the code. CIAngel and FBI are both equally important so it's useless to try to compare the two's coding. @Drakia@Steveice10@cearp you are all wonderful and talented coders :)

Last edited by ,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could a moderator get rid of the recent argument please? I think this should just be for discussion about CIAngel and not an off topic subject of FBI and the code. CIAngel and FBI are both equally important so it's useless to try to compare the two's coding. @Drakia @Steveice10 @cearp you are all wonderful and talented coders :)
Oh I've got nothing against FBI, that app has some amazing code :) Mods feel free to remove the argument if you want, no complaints from me :D

Reactions: Deleted User

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Drakia Just tried your lastest commit, I feel very comfortable with the callback fuction for switch modes :yay3ds::grog:
Take a look at the one I just pushed ;) Still a WIP, needs some cleanup, and have to fix another issue with sleep mode (Make sure to pay attention to the keys listed at the bottom of the search result page) :)

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is kind of an obvious feature that i thought was already implemented but seems not, which is downloading from just the titleid, looking through the wings.json. I can see it'd end up obsolete with a more polished searching, but atm could be a temporary solution for any trouble finding the games.

Last edited by Double Jumper,
Reactions: cearp

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Lol, I actually checked the code after I posted that, and you're right, code wise they definitely aren't the same. Man FBI has some awesome code in it, callbacks everywhere! Functionality wise though, they do manage to accomplish the same thing :)
When someone explains how you're wrong, and you immediately accept it gracefully and with good humour (as opposed to getting angry, deliberately misunderstanding and trying to twist what's said to make yourself still appear right), that's a mark of maturity and makes you immediately very respectable. Good job.

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
'llo here
I discovered this app recently and just gave a try on my EUR 2DS.
i downloaded Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson (EUR) (no, it's not for boobs... well, not only) in CIA form.
Everything gone well (or seems to), then I installed it using BigBlueMenu. The gales hoses normally in 2DS menu, but get sutck in 3DS splash screen when i boot it.
I ask here while i'm reading the 43 previous pages :)
Any tips are welcome.
Thank you for your work !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here